• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fire Emblem

the Dawn Brigade
B-but the Dawn Brigade were cool D:
Ok, Nolan, Volugg, Aran, Leonardo, and the returning characters were cool D:

I expected to hate both Gregor and Tharja due to word of mouth before playing the game, but I actually ended up liking them fairly well.

The formers accent could have been toned down a bit, and the latters "I STAB YOU" humor could have been dialed back in early supports, but I found them surprisingly likable in some of their higher level supports.

Gregor's stats kinda suck though in my experience.

B-but the Dawn Brigade were cool D:
Ok, Nolan, Volugg, Aran, Leonardo, and the returning characters were cool D:
They are all literally budget brand versions of better characters that you get later
you could buy the Dawn Brigade out of the back of a truck in a shady part of town

I thought you all might find this interesting, so I might as well post this here.

First-week sales for Fates has been released.
It has outsold Awakening's first week (although it is two games/paths against one, so that is slightly misleading).

Nohr has sold 107k copies, with Hoshido selling 154k. To put it in proportion, Awakening sold 243k copies, while Fates, in total, has sold 304k (Special Edition sold 43k).
I'm surprised by this. I legitimately thought Nohr would be more popular due to the gameplay, but Hoshido sold a lot more.

I've seen people criticize the Nohr story, though. Apparently Hoshido's is better.
Either way, the game sold well, which I'm happy about.

Reactions: SanoBaron
I mean, have you seen the Hoshido designs?
they're cool as fuck.

I can think of 3 reasons why Hoshido ended up selling better

- Easier gameplay with more grinding, for people still wet behind the ears on strategy games
- Rinkah
- lesbians

<No, those bottom two weren't serious>

also Hoshido is rocking the not-oni oni-girls.

I created my avatar for FE fates

canvas.png

Last edited:
Reactions: MysteriousJ
Yeah, this looks about right.
tumblr_nqu20yqXoP1ro0g5eo1_250.png

Blonde hair is hard to photoshop, even now it still looks too green <_>
Purple hair and you would have created my Female MU from Awakening :3

But why would you play as a purple haired Samus when you could just be Samus?

But why would you play as a purple haired Samus when you could just be Samus?
Why be Samus when you could be the Justin Bailey Samus?

<- Care to say that again?

The short answer is
green hair is fugly.

The long answer is,
green hair works for Bella because her skin tone and outfit gravitate towards orange, providing contrast an a focal point, her sidetails and diamond mark. The MU is very purple and yellow, so a random splash of bright green is gonna look horrible next to those two colors. Especially since a lot of the yellows, which is analogous to green, are muted in order to emphasize the purple, the bright green near the face would ruin that.

So legit question I need to ask should I play a male or female avatar?

Well, as Male Corrin you get all the cool characters to marry

as Female Corrin, you get the awesome afro, and also lesbians if you play Hoshido

I say it's about even

In seriousness, I doubt it matters other than worrying about which kids you wanna guarantee get born

So legit question I need to ask should I play a male or female avatar?
well, if you play as a male you get a shot at Rinkah.
playing as a female means you don't get a shot at Rinkah.
I think the answer is very obvious.

See the problem is..well the hair. I usually like to play a male character but I don't like the hair options at all and Im one of THOSE guys who's really picky about Create-a-character if I know i'm going to be stuck with it.

who cares about hair when you can hook up with a pseudo oni girl?
also just mess around with the create a character thing that was linked on this thread not too long ago.

who cares about hair when you can hook up with a pseudo oni girl?
also just mess around with the create a character thing that was linked on this thread not too long ago.
Yeah I know...
canvas.png

But legitimately if that's all the available options I might just go with my backup character.

Go with the giant afro
it's never steered me wrong on character creation before
=v

The thirst in this thread <.<
Were you not just complaining about not being able to be Samus in a Fire Emblem game
=v

Reactions: Magma442
So when is fates coming out? Been hearing all the hoopla but haven't heard of an actual US release date. I know it just came out in japan.

Were you not just complaining about not being able to be Samus in a Fire Emblem game
=v

Yeah.
Because Samus is fucking awesome.
And Nintendo's not gonna put her in any games, so clearly it's up to me.

Yeah.
Because Samus is fucking awesome.
And Nintendo's not gonna put her in any games, so clearly it's up to me.
That not true there's federation forc-oh wait.

Here's a list of all the capturable characters in Fates
it's not specified if any characters are locked to either game/third story or not
<ignore the Poke Balls, it's just the pic maker showing who he had>

oBOogWT.jpg

Good to see some of the units getting more unique poses. It's always bugged me a bit that all your allies just wear the same outfit the same way in previous games.

Reactions: Meow-Professor
Ugh. Do I go for the more classic route? Or do I go for the new route with the ppl I think are a little cooler? :/

buy the special edition so you can do both!

Not going to be a special edition in America, apparently.
Ugh. Do I go for the more classic route? Or do I go for the new route with the ppl I think are a little cooler? :/
I prefer characters/story over gameplay, personally, which is why I'm picking Nohr now, since I prefer the characters there.
It is up to you, though. I'm someone who only plays games for the characters most of the time (minus fighting games), so I'd say pick Hoshido (not to mention in Hoshido it is much easier to farm for support conversations).

Not going to be a special edition in America, apparently.

I prefer characters/story over gameplay, personally, which is why I'm picking Nohr now, since I prefer the characters there.
It is up to you, though. I'm someone who only plays games for the characters most of the time (minus fighting games), so I'd say pick Hoshido (not to mention in Hoshido it is much easier to farm for support conversations).

For me, I can play a game either for story/characters or gameplay. I can play a game with bad story if it has good gameplay, and vice versa. I don't really have a big preference for either, though it depends on what kind of gameplay and what kind of story characters.

Not sure why you'd read up on all the story/characters beforehand if you're going to play it for story/characters though. I'm also not totally taking the words of anyone who says Nohr story > Hoshido story, since I know some people have awful taste these days. I'll go for Nohr first since I like the story concept and I know the gameplay will be more to my preference, and play Hoshido second maybe. I'll judge it for myself in game.