• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fire Emblem

Yeah, definitely. My personal opinion is that I'd like to see it detail a single period o time, have that be the focus. Another generation showing the ramifications is great, but if you split the game up multiple times because of that, I can see each generation possibly being underdeveloped or not having the impact it feels it should have. I would prefer the story to focus on the now and how our actions change the immediate world, and THEN see the ramifications in the long run.

but if you split the game up multiple times because of that, I can see each generation possibly being underdeveloped or not having the impact it feels it should have.

Many consider Genealogy of The Holy War to be the best (or one of the best) written entries in the franchise, and it split the game up into two generations, though.

Many consider Genealogy of The Holy War to be the best (or one of the best) written entries in the franchise, and it split the game up into two generations, though.
Splitting up into two generations is more fine. My point is that I honestly would prefer a singular time space for the story. I haven't Genealogy though, so I guess I can't comment on that game.

I am so happy they included children. That was one of my favorite things about Awakening. I also like that the father now decides the child, according to the article I read, which is awesome (lack of children from males was one of my problems about Awakening, actually.)
I'm hoping that we keep the Awakening time travel thing. I loved the child-parent interactions, because they needed to come to terms with the fact that they are parents now, and watching them trying to learn about their kids in a war while having never met them.

Yeah, I'm not sure if I'd want it in every FE, but I really like the mechanic honestly. From a gameplay standpoint, it adds another element of replayability and planning, allowing you to plan long term customization of your future units from the start of the campaign. From a story standpoint, there's all sorts of fun stuff you can do with it in terms of character interaction.

Also, a friend sent me this today

veypWHL.png

Reactions: TheGoggledGamer
I found high quality pictures of some of the characters in Fate. One of them looks like Gaius who I adore from Awakening. I really hope he's back.
tumblr_nqf0h09XYG1rnitbco2_1280.png

Edit: It isn't Gaius but someone's kid who looks a LOT like him.

Last edited:
No, yeah, it has officially flown over the head of humorous and landed straight in the backyard of absolutely disgusting.

I'm praying to every god I can that they remove the shit out of it in the localization

well at least I'll finally have a good use for the ignore function once I see some reactions here

Wow those lines.

I don't really care (will probably not be petting anyone or anything, I would probably have kept my Avatar single in Awakening if it hadn't been for the fact that becoming Lucina's mother vastly improves the story/character interactions), but it almost sounds like Nintendo is flirting with an M rating there. Which is weird for one of their flagship franchises.

Does anybody have a better source for that? A reddit post referencing anonymous 4chan posts claiming to have translated pre-release dialogue (and mid-late game dialogue at that, if it's an S ranking) for a game that's not going to be done for another year? I wouldn't be surprised if it's true, but that sounds a little bit fishy.

Last edited:
I found high quality pictures of some of the characters in Fate. One of them looks like Gaius who I adore from Awakening. I really hope he's back.
tumblr_nqf0h09XYG1rnitbco2_1280.png

Edit: It isn't Gaius but someone's kid who looks a LOT like him.
YO! THAT LAST GUY IS SO METAL YOSHIDA!

Just pretend in your mind's eye that you're only family in name.

....yeah that doesn't make it any better.

well, regardless of how you want to look at it, it's a start.
every journey begins with but a single step.
but yeah, I'm not gonna take the incest route.
cuz that's just weird.

That sounds like their limiting it to characters who are actually homosexual.

Aka what they should be doing and not just fanservice.

That sounds like their limiting it to characters who are actually homosexual.

Aka what they should be doing and not just fanservice.
because if you make every character bi,
then you say it's a choice.
and that's a WHOLE 'NOTHA CAN OF WORMS, you ain't gonna wanna be openin' up!

man just make everyone pansexual and polyamorous
but not incestous
that's still bad

because if you make every character bi,
then you say it's a choice.
and that's a WHOLE 'NOTHA CAN OF WORMS, you ain't gonna wanna be openin' up!

Most people don't change their sexual orientation for a single individual though.

Most people don't change their sexual orientation for a single individual though.
I know, that's what I'm saying.
it's what's being implied.

But at the same time, it's like,
are the specifics of a character's sexual orientation determined before the player sets foot in the game?
I say fuck it, if we're going the dating sim route, then go the dating sim route and make everybody an option, their sexuality molded by the whims of the player, instead of some Japanese dudes that are turned on by incest.

I say just make a 3rd of the cast in one of 3 categories and remove the incest altogether.
unless they an adopted, then no. don't do creepy sex stuff with your relatives.
do it with someone you just met on the battlefield that was just on the enemy side like, 5 minutes ago.

don't do creepy sex stuff even if someone is adopted
that's some creepy mind warping bullshit

Reactions: Denizen
I feel like things got way too out of hand when they realized that the dating sim waifuspectacular elements of Awakening were really popular and now we're just left with this jumbled sex-fueled animu mess.

I just want some solid strategy RPG action yo.

i need reggie to come to the rescue and nuke this game from orbit to cleanse it of the incest
then I'll buy it and die happily from radiation poisoning

It's like watching people play house. Except the kids are 15-20 year olds.

tbh, I don't want the marriage things either but I'm gonna say if you're gonna do it, do it right.

I feel like things got way too out of hand when they realized that the dating sim waifuspectacular elements of Awakening were really popular and now we're just left with this jumbled sex-fueled animu mess.

I just want some solid strategy RPG action yo.

I think you're going a little too far assuming that it won't be a solid strategy rpg.

I honestly still have faith in them to pull off the story and all that, but even if they don't, it's still FE gameplay at its core. Just as long as they don't let you save state mid mission and keep most of the series core mechanics, I'll be happy.

Honestly though, even this isn't that bad compared to some of the things people praise to the sky these days. I'd take this stuff over any garbage visual novel any day of the week.

Yes, that includes [insert your favorite popular visual novel here] too.

tbh, I don't want the marriage things either but I'm gonna say if you're gonna do it, do it right.

I'm not sure I want it in every game, but it's a fun mechanic gameplay wise so I don't mind.

i didn't think people actually liked Visual Novels
I always thought they were just jokes that everyone was in on

If only.

I'm still not entirely convinced that these translations are accurate or final. I must admit, it seems totally unlike anything Nintendo has ever done before (cept maybe Other M? And that was just stupidly written, not explicitly sexual/adult). I'm taking some of this with a grain of salt till we get some official statements from Nintendo or a more reliable source then translators on 4chan.