• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fortune Combos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing valentine on anchor is an awful idea. Having meter does not justify her complete lack of anti-air defense. Its like playing a solo val with a handicap,something thought nearly impossible even at full strength.

This isn't really the thread for it so we should move this discussion somewhere else after this, but I don't have a lot of trouble AAing with Val or even using her mobility, specials and supers to out-maneuver and counter people who want to constantly approach that way. AA assist and/or invincible AAs isn't the end all be all to defense. I should know, I play several characters that force you to do lots of situational AAs at several angles. Being on point with that is not as hard as people make it out to be imo.

Also the implication that Fortune is dead and unavailable as an assist whenever Valentine comes in on that team order is not necessarily the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wenzel
I went ahead and decided to write those in word form but boy is it hard. Here's all I got so far:

"Basic" head-on
cr.lk->s.mk->s.hp->rekka->->cat slide->cr.lk->s.mk->s.hp->rekka->super(cat scratch fever)

"Basic" head-on 2
cr.lk->s.mk->cr.hp->j.mk->j.hp->el gato(mk)->cr.lk->s.mk->cr.hp->j.lp->j.mp->l.mk->el gato(mk)->super(feral edge)->feline allergies

Intermediate head-on
cr.lk->s.mk->cr.hp->j.hp->j.hp->el gato(mk)->cr.lk->s.hk->fiber upper(lk)->j.lk->j.hp->cr.mk->s.hk->fiber upper(lk)->j.lp->j.hp->s.lp(x2)->s.lk->s.mp->s.mk->s.hp->rekka(x3 hp ver.)->super(cat scratch fever)

Intermediate head-omonomnom
cr.lk->s.mk->cr.hp->j.lk->j.hp->j.lk->j.hp->(immediately jump)->j.mp->j.hp->j.mk->j.hp->cat spike->cr.lk->headbutt->s.lp(x2)->s.mk->omnomnom->j.hk->el gato(hk)->cr.mp->s.hk->j.lp->j.mp->j.mk->el gato(mk)->super(feral edge)->feline allergies

Intermediate head-on 3
cr.lk->s.mk->cr.hp->j.hp->j.jp->el gato(mk)cr.lk->s.hk->fiber upper(lk)->j.lp->j.mp->j.hp(but it cancels 'cause you land)->s.lp(x2)->s.hp->fiber upper(lk)->j.lk->j.hp->s.mp->s.hp->rekka(x3)->super(cat scratch fever)

Advanced/Axe kick loops
cr.lk->s.mk->cr.hp->j.mk->j.hp->cat spike->el gato(mk)->headbutt->fiber upper(mk)j.lk->j.mk->el gato(mk)+zoom!->s.hk->j.mp->j.mk->el gato(mk)+zoom!->s.lp(x2)->s.mk->headbutt->s.mp->s.mk->rekka->super(cat scratch fever)

Advanced/Axe kick loops 2
cr.lk->s.mk->cr.hp->j.hp->j.hp->cat spike->el gato(mk)+headbutt->fiber upper(mk)->j.lk->j.mk->el gato(mk)+zoom!->s.hk->j.mp->j.mk->el gato(mk)+zoom!->s.lp(x2)->s.mp->s.mk->rekka->super(cat scratch fever)

Avanced/Axe kick loops 3
cr.lk->s.mk->cr.hp->j.hp->j.hp->cat spike->super(feral edge)->zoom!->fiber upper(mk)->j.lk->j.mk->el gato(mk)+zoom!->s.hk->j.mp->j.mk->el gato+zoom!->s.lp(x2)->s.mk->headbutt->s.mp->s.mk->rekka->super(cat scratch fever)

Notes:
+ means fast timing but I'm not sure if it is or not.
I also added x2 to the normals that are pressed twice (or at least I think I did)

Last edited:
HP Rekka, yeah. In the headless combo it's HK axe kick after the j.HK.
Looking at that is making me glad that I didn't bother to try to transcribe the combos.

MDE Headless

Cr.lk->s.mk->headbutt->s.mp->s.mk->headbutt->s.lp(x2)->s.mp->s.mk->headbutt->rekka->super(cat scratch fever)

MDE Headless 2

Cr.lk->s.mk->headbutt->s.hk->j.mp->j.mk->el gato->cr.lk->s.mk(cancel after first hit into)->j.hk->j.lp->j.mp->j.mk->el gato->super(feral edge)->headbutt->s.lp(x2)->s.mp->s.mk->headbutt->rekka->super(cat scratch fever)

MDE Headless 3

Cr.lk->s.mk->s.hk->j.mk->el gato->zoom!-> super(feral edge)->headbutt->s.lp(x2)->s.mk->headbutt->s.mp->s.mk->headbutt->cr.lk->s.mp->s.mk->headbutt->s.hk->j.lp->j.mp->j.mk->el gato->super(feral edge)->headbutt

MDE Headless 4

Cr.lk->s.mk->s.hk->j.mk->el gato->zoom!->super(feral edge)->headbutt->fiber upper(mk)->j.lk->j.mk->el gato+zoom->s.hk->j.mp->j.mk->el gato+zoom!->s.lp(x2)->s.mk->headbutt->s.mp->s.mk->rekka->super(cat scratch fever)->zoom!
Throw Combo

cr.hp->throw->super(feral edge)->feline allergies->fiber upper(lk)->jump->j.lk->j.mk->el gato-> zoom!->s.lp(x2)->s.mk->headbutt->s.mp->s.mk->headbutt->cr.lk->s.mp->s.mk->headbutt->rekka->super(cat scratch fever)

Throw Combo 2

s.throw->fiber upper(lk)->super (feral edge)->feline allergies->fiber upper(lk)->jump->j.lk->.j.mk->el gato->zoom!->s.hk->j.mp->j.mk->el gato->zoom!->s.lp(x2)->s.mk->headbutt->s.lk->s.mp->s.mk->rekka->super(cat scratch fever)

Throw Combo 3

s.throw->fiber upper(lk)->jump->super(feral edge)->feline allergies->fiber upper(lk)->jump->j.lk->j.mk->el gato->zoom!->s.lp(x2)->s.mk->headbutt->s.mp->s.mk->headbutt->cr.lk->s.mk->headbutt->rekka->super(cat scratch fever)
Double snap

s.lp(not sure if needed or not)->block assist->cr.lk->s.mk->snapback->cr.lk*->cr.hp*->j.hk*(has to be air dashed)->repeat asterisk part until dead.

Double snap 2

Cat spike->block assist->cr.lk->s.mk->snapback->cr.lk*->s.hk*->super jump*->air dash*->j.hk*->repeat asterisk part until dead.
Happy Birthday 1

s.lp->block assist->s.lp(x2)->s.mk->s.hk->fiber upper(lk)*->j.lp*->el gato(mk)*->cr.lk*->s.mk*(cancel after first hit into)->s.hk*->repeat asterisk part until dead.

Happy Birthday 2

s.lp->block assist->s.lp->s.mk->s.hk*->headbutt*->repeat asterisk part until dead but be advised you must get closer each time since because spacing.
Burst Bait

Cr.lk->s.mk->cr.hp->j.mp->j.mk->el gato->cr.lk->s.mk->cr.hp->j.lp->j.lk->dash cancel->j.lk(hopefully you back up too?)->after burst cr.hp->j.lp->j.mk->el gato->cr.lk->s.mk(cancel after first hit into)->cr.hp->j.mp->dash cancel->j.mp(causes another burst if you want to try and bait again

Burst Bait 2

Cr.lk->s.mk->cr.hp->j.lp->j.mk->el gato->cr.lk->s.mk(cancel after first hit into)->cr.hp->(super jump?)->j.lp->j.mp->j.mk->j.hp->s.lp(x2)->s.mk->cr.hp->j.hk

These were easier to do, it's weird but I can predict most of the combos now. o.o There still might be a few mistakes. Sometimes I can't tell differences.

Last edited:
There's a jump after every LK Fiber upper in the throw combos. And for the happy birthdays, it has to be j.LP > MP El gato (so it uncombos giving you another OTG).
Everything else in there looks good.

I think I edited the earlier one but here's the rest:

BB Beta Headless

Cr.lk->s.mk->s.hk-> j.mk->el gato->cr.lk->s.mk->s.hk->j.mp->j.mk->el gato+zoom!->super(feral edge)->headbutt->s.lp(x2)->s.mp->s.mk->rekka-> super(cat scratch fever)

BB Beta Headless 2

Cr.lk->s.mk->s.hk->j.mp->j.mk->el gato->super(feral edge)->headbutt->fibwe upper(mk?)->j.lk->j.mk->el gato->zoom!->s.lp(x2)->s.mp->s.mk->rekka->super(cat scratch fever)

BB Beta Headless 3

Cr.lk->s.mk->s.hk->j.mp->j.mk->el gato+zoom!->super(feral edge)->headbutt->s.lp(x2)-> s.mk->headbutt->s.mp->s.mk->headbutt->cr.lk(might want to get closer for that one)->s.mp->s.mk->rekka->super(cat scratch fever)
Because nothing works on ‘bella

Cr.lk->s.mk->headbutt->s.hk.jmp->j.mk->el gato->zoom!->s.lp(x2)->s.lk->s.mp->s.mk->headbutt->s.hk->j.lp->j.lk->j.mp->j.mk->el gato->super(feral edge)->feline allergies
BB Head-on combo

Cr.lk->s.mk->cr.hp->super jump?->j.hp->dash cancel->j.hp->el gato->cr.lk->s.hk->fiber upper(mk?)->j.lk->j.hp->dash cancel->j.mp->s.lp(x2)->s.lk->s.mp->s.mk->s.hp->rekka->super(cat scratch fever)

BB Head-on combo 2

Cr.lk->s.mk->cr.hp->super jump?->j.hp->dash cancel->j.hp->head spike->cr.lk->s.hk->super jump?->j.mp->j.mk->el gato+zoom!->s.lp(x2)->s.lk->s.mp->s.mk->rekka->super(cat scratch fever)

BB Head-on combo 3

Cr.lk->s.mk->cr.hp->j.hp->dash cancel->j.hp->head spike->super(feral edge)->zoom!->fiber upper(hk)->j.lk->j.mk->el gato->zoom!->s.lp(x2)->s.mp->s.mk->rekka->super(cat scratch fever)->feline allergies
CH combo

j.hp->cr.mk->s.hp->fiber upper(lk)->j.hp->dash cancel->j.hp->cr.mk->s.hp->fiber upper(lk)->j.lk->j.hp->cr.mp->s.hp->fiber upper->(lk)->j.lp->j.hp->s.lp(x2)->s.lk->s.mp->s.mk->s.hp->rekka(x2)->super(cat scratch fever)

CH Combo 2

jump->block the fiber upper(I guess this applies to most other moves too.)->cr.hp->j.lk->j.hp->dash cancel->j.lk->j.hp->jump immediately->j.mp->j.hp->dash cancel->j.mk->j.hp->cat spike->cr.lk->headbutt->s.lp(x2)->s.mk->omnomnom->j.hk(near the end of omnomnom)->el gato->super(cat scratch fever)->feline allergies

CH Combo 3

Counter with a dashed j.hp->cr.mk->cr.hp->j.hp->dash cancel->j.hp->cat spike->el gato(nearing the ground)+headbutt->fiber upper(mk)->j.lk->j.mk->el gato+zoom!->s.lp(x2)->s.mk->headbutt->s.mp->s.mk->rekka->super(cat scratch fever)

CH Combo 4

After landing a very quickly executed j.hp->s.mk->cr.hp-> j.hp->dash cancel->j.hp->cat spike->cr.lk->s.hk->j.mp –j.mk->el gato+zoom!->s.lp(x2)->s.mk->headbutt->s.mp->s.mk->rekka->super(cat scratch fever)->feline allergies
Because Fortune

Cr.lk->s.mk->s.hk->j.mp->j.mk->el gato-> super(feral edge)->feline allergies->super(feral edge)->feline allergies->super(feral edge)->feline allergies->super(feral edge)->feline allergies->super(feral edge)

Again there are some parts where I messed up. Time to practice these.

in the combo for the first half why does it need crouching attacks can i switch it out with standing

From the video:
0:00 Beginner Combo 1:
cr.LK - cr.MP - st.MK (2) - st.HP - HP Rekka x2 - Slide
cr.LK - st.MK (I did st.MP in the video but st.MK works on everyone) - st.HK (3) - HP Rekka x3 - super

can someone give me some short but dangerous combos for a beginner in this game

dont make it too long im really not that good i sometimes forget whats next

also an easy headless combo would be nice aswell

You can shorten the combos into little pieces to learn if you want.
So if you can't do: cr.lk->s.mk->s.hp->rekka->cat slide->cr.lk->s.mk->s.hp->rekka->super(cat scratch fever)

Then do

cr.lk->s.mk->s.hp->rekka->super(cat scratch fever)

No one can learn an entire long combo. I think most people break them apart into sections and if they master that section they move on to the next section until they have the whole combo down.

i did the first half really good but i fail when i get to the otg part
It's not really that difficult. It just takes some practice. Just pick them up with cr.LK as soon as the animation for the Cat Slide ends.

Yoink. #BasedMuffin

I'm awful at axe kick loops, can anyone see if you can do this mid screen? I don't see why there would be any problem other that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skymin50
I want to learn Fortune just because of that sexy ass Orchid palette....I'm not sure if she would go well with Filia/Cerebella/Fortune team though....any thoughts?

I used to play Fortune/Bella/Updo. It worked pretty well.

I want to learn Fortune just because of that sexy ass Orchid palette....I'm not sure if she would go well with Filia/Cerebella/Fortune team though....any thoughts?
Khaosmuffins plays Fortune/Filia and he uses the HK Hairball assist for Filia and I think @DARKNESSxEAGLE plays the team you just mentioned. I play Cerebella/Fortune, but I'm not good at reversaling with Bella, so I put Fortune as Anchor with HK Fiber Upper.

I personally love this team as it is generally an all around thing. Filia is retardedly cheap rushdown, Bella is nice damage and has Reflect to deal with zoners (learn it, live it), Fortune has everything. I keep Filia on point and Fortune at the back, Bella with Cerecopter for the sake of lockdown is also a pretty good shield/meat bag and it helps a lot for typical jump->j.HK / crouch->c.LK / grab mixups (with Filia).

Fortune having HK Fiber Upper assist can be followed up by Bella if you hit them on the ground and/or in the corner just with j.LP, it's also a great Alpha Counter.

I usually avoid switching Fortune out and just flick between Filia and Bella so they can regen health if they get too low; full health Fortune near the end of a match is a great asset, but if Bella or Filia are near death and I need to get them out I don't hesitate to alpha counter into Fiber Upper, even if it costs Fortune some health (use it to avoid shave damage deaths and sometimes get a nice punish out of it).

I'm set on learning her but I have a loooooooooooong way to go, I tried doing fiber upper and I don't know how to make her get off the ground lol. And how do you alpha counter into fiber upper?

I'm set on learning her but I have a loooooooooooong way to go, I tried doing fiber upper and I don't know how to make her get off the ground lol. And how do you alpha counter into fiber upper?
Do a Fiber Upper, then push a kick button. As for alpha counter, during blockstun you press forward and either MP+MK or HP+HK, depending on Fortune's placement in your team.

I'm likely going to stick with solo Fortune but I'm also learning Val point/Fillia center/Fortune anchor. :3

I made a video

This is what I have so far:

0:00 - Corner carry - 8.9k
c.lk, s.mk, s.hk, lk fiber
j.hp, air dash, j.hp, j.lp, j.hp, air dash, j.lk, j.hp
dash s.lk, s.mp, s.hp, rekka, super
s.lp, s.lp, s.lk, s.mp, s.mk, s.hp, rekka, super

0:17 - Assisted corner combo 1 - 10.4k
c.lk, s.mk, s.hp, lk fiber
j.hp, air dash, j.hp
c.mk, s.hp, rekka, super
s.lk, s.mp, s.mk, s.hp, cerecopter

0:35 - Assisted corner combo 2 - 10.5k
c.lk, s.mk, s.hp, lk fiber
j.hp, air dash, j.hp
lk fiber, j.lk, j.hp, s.hp, rekka, super
s.mp, s.mk, cerecopter

0:53 - Counter-hit combo - 11.4k
j.hp, c.lk, s.mk, s.hp, lk fiber
j.hp, air dash, j.hp
lk fiber, j.lk, j.hp, s.hp, rekka, super
s.lk, s.mp, s.mk, s.hp, lk fiber, j.lp, j.hp

1:13 - Assisted counter-hit combo 1 - 12k
j.hp, air dash, j.hp
c.mk, s.hp, rekka, super
s.mp, s.hp, lk fiber, j.lk, j.hp
s.lk, s.mp, s.hp, cerecopter

1:35 - Assisted counter-hit combo 2 - 12.1k
j.hp, air dash, j.hp
c.mk, s.hp, lk fiber, j.lk, j.hp
c.mp, s.hp, rekka, super
s.lk, s.mp, s.hp, cerecopter

i suck with fortune and i know why because miss fortune s requires a lot of fighting game experience to play im kinda new to this so until im actually good im going to play parasoul or fillia

i suck with fortune and i know why because miss fortune s requires a lot of fighting game experience to play im kinda new to this so until im actually good im going to play parasoul or fillia
BUT WHY???!!! People who say Fortune should be nerfed say that she's a dumb character and easy to win with. lel

Using her head to its best potential requires good Puppeteer Character skills, which is hard simply because Puppeteer Characters are hard to play, but her average combos, both BnB and corner, and general non-Puppeteer playstyle are pretty simple.

Fortune is still a really good character head on. If you don't want to play headless fortune until you're good (which in itself is a dumb thing to think) then just play head on. I do.

with the right player miss fortune is deadly im new to the game and fighting games kinda

i dunno. i think the sooner you get to playing with fortune with her head off the better off you will be. not all the time obviously, but certain matchups are a lot more difficult to deal with if you keep the head on. i think i set myself way back by keeping the head on most of the time.

Think of it as two separate characters with very similar neutral game, but essentialy, different.

Learn both and you'll have a team on a single spot.

Reactions: juju_for_president
Been trying to learn the corner carry that CaioLugon posted but I'm having a hard time landing it on Filia. I can land the rejump section fine on peacock, Squigs, Fortune and Val but on Filia I seem to just miss her all the time. Didn't have time to try the section on other chars yet.

Is the corner carry universal or I just need to time it better on certain char (faster j.HP or SJ instead regular J).

Thanks !

Been trying to learn the corner carry that CaioLugon posted but I'm having a hard time landing it on Filia. I can land the rejump section fine on peacock, Squigs, Fortune and Val but on Filia I seem to just miss her all the time. Didn't have time to try the section on other chars yet.

Is the corner carry universal or I just need to time it better on certain char (faster j.HP or SJ instead regular J).

Thanks !
Yes, I forgot to mention that is char specific. :P

I'd say do the j.hp adc j.hp faster because it usually helps for me, but I rarely do that combo (only when bella is dead or I'm cornered). Since you have an assist, go for the second or the third combo(best one, but harder), they carry the opponent for most of the screen if you just remember to use s.hk instead of s.hp on the first chain when you're midscreen.

Yes, I forgot to mention that is char specific. :P

I'd say do the j.hp adc j.hp faster because it usually helps for me, but I rarely do that combo (only when bella is dead or I'm cornered). Since you have an assist, go for the second or the third combo(best one, but harder), they carry the opponent for most of the screen if you just remember to use s.hk instead of s.hp on the first chain when you're midscreen.

Thanks I thought it was starting to look like a character specific combo with the rejump in there but since I don't trust my hands I thought I'd ask. I'll work on the second and third to see how it goes midscreen. Didn't know about the switch for s.HK / s.HP so that'll come in handy !

....can I please just get some combos that work in current patch & aren't 80% corner combos...? I want to pick her up but idk what's current & works where or on who after looking at the last video

....can I please just get some combos that work in current patch & aren't 80% corner combos...? I want to pick her up but idk what's current & works where or on who after looking at the last video

Reactions: Wenzel
Ah thanks coincidentally I just found that :p there should be a compendium of all character combos in one vid :) maybe I'll make one.

Reactions: Kristoph
So just for fun I'm gonna make a few (or just one) swag combos that involve using raw tag, headbutt, om nom. If I can figure out a way to reliably link from an off-screen head I'd be really happy. It looks really weird and would be amazing to see on a stream.

I come this day bringing you an easy combination of moves to dish out on thine opponent

But yeah the combo I have is easy as hell looking at it on paper now (Well notepad)

Head on:
5LP > 5LK > 5MK > 5HP > 236LPx2~2K > xx > 5LP > 5LK > 5MK(1 Hit) > 5HK (2 Hits) 623HK > j.HP > 214KK

Or

5LP > 5LK > 5MK > 2HP > j.LP > j.MK > 214LK > xx > 5LP > 5LK > 5MK (1Hit) > 5HK(2Hits) > 623HK > j.HP > 214KK

That first one is mainly for closing in the space difference, the second one tends to whiff on cerebella at the launcher

People in irc wanted the notation, and since I already wrote it down I thought I'd post it here. It's one of khaosmuffin's combos so it might already be notated somewhere in this thread but w/e.

cr.lk, s.mk, cr.hp, j.hp, j.hp, mk axekick, cr.lk, s.mk(1), s.hk(2) xx lk fiber upper, j.lk, j.hp, s.lp(2), s.mp(4), s.mk, s.hp xx hp rekka (3) xx cat scratch fever (7428 damage)

Feel free to take out some of the normals in the final chain if the lighter character pop out on you or if you want a closer reset. The key to this combo though is timing the fiber upper right and getting the opponent really close to you.

Ok its basically just an easier version of what khaos does. w/e it's my bnb now.

Last edited:
Did you guys know that a properly timed move after fiber counts as part of the same chain?

That did 10.3k meterless btw.

so you mean if you get the link on the first available frame then it counts as part of the last chain? is it only certain versions of fiber? goddamn not having the patch is killing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.