• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fortune Combos

Status
Not open for further replies.
so you mean if you get the link on the first available frame then it counts as part of the last chain? is it only certain versions of fiber? goddamn not having the patch is killing me.
I don't think it's the first possible frame because I got it with slightly different timings, it feels more like canceling fiber into the next attack, and in that combo I did it with the H and L versions.

Here: http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/this-probably-shouldnt-happen.1545/ I think this is a bug.

s.MK, c.HP, j.HP ADF j.HP xx Headspike, c.LK, c.LK, Headbutt xx Nom, s.HK or HK FIber Upper, j.MK xx MK Axe Kick (zoom head) XX Feral Edge

So this is the combo I've use a lot. I was gonna post it here and ask for feedback but I forgot about it awhile ago.

Its a combo that lets you take your head off and end with a sneeze reset, and is universal against the entire cast (you have to do it fast against Parasoul). I'm not sure if its optimal (hence the video name) but I like it a lot for taking off my head and enabling a reset at the end.

Also I screw up the combo a couple times in the video, so bear with me.

You can use either HK Fiber Upper or Launcher, but the timing to zoom your head so sneeze with hit with s.HK is microscopic, so HK Fiber Upper is better. However if you use HK Fiber Upper and not s.HK, you activate redizzy which makes your reset options worse.

Reactions: Kat
Maybe Robo Fortune should just replace Fortune, she keeps breaking the game

Dear God....png

Attachments

• upload_2014-2-6_1-52-41.png
    upload_2014-2-6_1-52-41.png
    269 KB · Views: 522
So I heard that headless was way better than head on.

What's up now bitches.

So I heard that headless was way better than head on.

What's up now bitches.
Stuff plays headless fortune (and a bad one at that) and Camail plays a decent head-on fortune and yet headless seems to win more. I wonder why?

j.214KK214KK214KK214KK214KK Fortune > 623K623K623K623K Fortune > Headless Fortune > Head-on Fortune

Headless = Neutral game
Head-on = Combos
Fortune = win

Reactions: Wenzel
Stuff plays headless fortune (and a bad one at that) and Camail plays a decent head-on fortune and yet headless seems to win more. I wonder why?

We don't have to go down this road. There is a different option if you are willing to take it.

I know.

Lets put khaos against taluda.

Well its only relevant if they do the new high damaging combos, or else it's not very useful.

Yolo weed 360 no scope Feral Edge Fortune is best Fortune

Hm? Is he fixing the fiber upper bug?

It's already fixed.
General
- Fix Fiber Upper bug that would allow you to supercancel or chain off the to-air part without going up an IPS stage. Whoops.
RIP OP head-on Fortune.

Long live headless Fortune!

Last edited:
Head-on still gets 11k from almost anywhere with one meter and a good starter tho.

Head-on still gets 11k from almost anywhere with one meter and a good starter tho.
What combo are you doing that's getting you 11k? Or more like, what do you mean by a good starter?

A good starter is cr.lk; not j.hp, j.hk, hk axekick.

It's actually 10.9k :P

I posted it on page 2, its the third one, but with j.hp starter.

Oh, that. You said one meter yet it spends two bars so I got really confused. (Though I guess you only need a little over a bar to do the combo)

I'm lazy so I rounded up, my bad

guys ps3...

she has the thing...

SHE HAS THE THING!!!

yay

Reactions: Camail
Here's a head off corner combo that does 6.5k for one meter. The head needs to be positioned in the corner with the opponent so it will hit the opponent on almost every hit of this combo.

2lk 5mk 5hk j.lp j.lk j.lp j.lk j.214mk
623lk j.mk 214hk
5mp 5mk 5hp
*5mp 5mk 5hp 236mp 236pp - 6.5k damage

*this chain is weird because it only triggers burst sometimes

I've only tested this on parasoul so it might not work on certain characters and I'm trying to optimize it further.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Theoretically i would think that final s.mp would always trigger ips burst. If you start that chain with s.lp then do that entire chain (lp lk mp mk hp) it will do more damage and never trigger ips.

yo so what sort of damage should i be aiming for with fortune? and does anybody use st.HK in combos since it scales it a shit ton.

If 6k headless is good then my 6k 1 meter swag corner combo might actually be interesting, I didn't think the damage was good enough.

Also I got really sad when I learned that the opponent can jab out of a fast fall mix up after lk fiber upper. Hopefully people don't do that all the time.

If 6k headless is good then my 6k 1 meter swag corner combo might actually be interesting, I didn't think the damage was good enough.

Also I got really sad when I learned that the opponent can jab out of a fast fall mix up after lk fiber upper. Hopefully people don't do that all the time.
If you think the opponent is trying to jab out then you can grab or just throw out an attack before their jab becomes active. Or do HK Fiber and feel filthy about it.

guys ps3...

she has the thing...

SHE HAS THE THING!!!

yay

weird. i thought it got removed before the patch was submitted. i was wondering why my combos were randomly triggering undizzy

Easy double only:

c.lk, s.mk, s.hp, lk fiber, j.hp, adc, j.hp,
jump, j.lk, j.hp, j.hk, j.mp, j.hp, j.hk, cerecopter,
s.lp, s.lp, s.lk, s.mp, s.mk, s.hp, rekka, super.

Does 8.7k (7.8k with s.hk on the first chain) with one super and is extremely easy, you can really just play around with this.

Also you should delay the first j.hk a little or switch the j.mp with j.lp if youre missing the link.

So what are the numbers I should be shooting for with 1 bar Fortune combos?

Right now I'm at:

Head on: 7.3k
Head off, behind me: 7.2k
Head on > Head off: 7.5k, 7.7-7.8 if I carry to corner and get head hits during super

That's around what you should be getting.

The beta changes made the fiber upper loop way easier.

I understand that she gets a couple of resets with this change, but I really don't see how this makes j.hp more combo friendly since basically all of my combos had to be changed or simply died.

But for what it's worth there's these:

c.lk, s.mk, s.hp, lk fiber, j.hk, otg hk el gato,
s.hp, lk fiber, j.lk, j.hp, s.mp, s.mk, s.hp, cerecopter,
s.lp, s.lp, s.lk, s.mp, s.mk, s.hp, rekka, super

does 9.1k in the corner, however @Mike_Z , I don't think j.hk should give you an otg, it probably derives from that thing where a hit after fiber would count as part of the same chain, if you delay it a bit it gives a blue bounce.

but still, in the corner

c.lk, s.mk, s.hp, lk fiber, j.hp, j.hp, lk el gato,
c.mk(optional), s.hp, rekka, super,
s.lk, s.mp, s.mk(if you didn't use c.mk before), s.hp, cerecopter,

10.4k in the corner, 9.2k for one bar

and midscreen

c.lk, s.mk, s.hk, lk fiber, j.hp, j.hp, lk el gato,
lk fiber, j.lk, j.hp,
s.mp, s.mk, s.hp, rekka, super,
s.lp, s.lp, s.lk, s.mp,cerecopter, s.mk, s.hp, rekka, super

8.5k for one bar and 9.7k for two

for full corner carry I do this

c.lk, s.mk, s.hk, lk fiber, j.hp, j.hp, lk el gato,
lk fiber, j.lk, j.hp,
s.mp, s.mk, s.hp, cerecopeter,

notations anyway!

cr.lk s.mk s.hk (x1) lk fiber j.hp adc j.hp lk axe kick s.mk lk fiber j.lk j.hp s.mp s.hp hp rekka (x3) super cr.lp (x2) s.lk s.mp s.hp hp rekka (x3) super

cr.lk s.mk cr.hp lk fiber j.hp adc j.hp lk axekick cr.lk s.hk (x2) lk fiber j.lk j.hp adc j.mp s.lp (x2) s.lk s.mp s.mk s.hp hp rekka super

cr.lk s.mk cr.hp cat spike mk axekick headbutt s.hk s.mp j.mk mk axekick zoom s.lp (x2) s.mp s.mk cr.hk mp rekka super

cr.lk s.mk s.hp lk fiber j.hp adc j.hp lk axekick s.mk lk fiber j.lk j.hp s.mp s.hp hp rekka (x3) super cr.lp (x2) s.lk s.mp s.mk s.hp hp rekka super

cr.lk s.mk s.hp lk fiber j.hp adc j.hp lk axekick cr.mk s.hk(x2) lk fiber j.lk j.hp adc j.mp s.lp (x2) s.lk s.mp s.mk s.hp hp rekka (x3) super

cr.lk s.mk s.hp lk fiber j.hp adc j.hp lk axekick cr.mp s.mk s.hk (x3) lk fiber j.lk j.hp adc j.mp s.lp (x2) s.lk s.mp s.mk s.hp hp rekka super

cr.lk s.mk cr.hp j.hp adc j.hp lk axekick cr.lk s.hk (x2) lk fiber j.lk j.hp adc j.mp s.lp (x2) s.lk s.mp s.mk s.hp hp rekka (x3) super

cr.lk s.mk cr.hp j.hp adc j.mk j.hp lk axekick cr.lk s.hk (x2) lk fiber j.lk j.hp adc j.mp s.lp (x2) s.lk s.mp s.mk s.hp hp rekka super

underline means obsolete with the future beta experiment

Last edited:
I understand that she gets a couple of resets with this change, but I really don't see how this makes j.hp more combo friendly since basically all of my combos had to be changed or simply died.
Having to change your existing combos must mean it's not combo-friendly because there aren't any new ones. Right?

however @Mike_Z , I don't think j.hk should give you an otg, it probably derives from that thing where a hit after fiber would count as part of the same chain, if you delay it a bit it gives a blue bounce.
You are correct! Also about why. Fixing that.
[edit] Fixed in next build. Many thanks. No other group is as pro-fix-my-character as Fortune players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wenzel
Status
Not open for further replies.