• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fortune Combos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having to change your existing combos must mean it's not combo-friendly because there aren't any new ones. Right?

My point was that is has a lot less hitstun, making comboing from it a bit harder than before, since now I need that lk el gato to link stuff (but now I can go straigh into tha new s.hp so hey). If the only change was the knockback I would like it a lot.

Also that was a HUGE damage cut.

You can now put 6 HPs in one midscreen combo if you try, without using your OTG. It wasn't going to stay at almost 1000 dmg by itself.
It's only harder to combo off if you use it like you used to - something like cr.LK->cr.HP /\ j.HP airdash j.LP->HP \/ s.LP->cr.HP /\ j.MP->HP airdash j.LK->HP \/ cr.LK chain to rekka to super is pretty damn easy. But I forget that I'm the only one that experiments or something. :^P

This is all I got:

cr.lk s.mk cr.hp j.jp adc j.lk j.hp lk axekick(restand) s.lp(I do it once but I'm sure x2 is fine too) s.mk s.hp hp rekka super cr.lk s.mk s.hp hp rekka
Does like 7k add another super and it's 8k (also this is more a sorta mid screen thing)

(I just like this more because it's easy for players like me.)

Edit: I removed the extra details.

Possibly obsolete now.

Last edited:
J.mk having more hitstun than j.hp will never feel right to me, even the lk fiber, air dash, j.hp crossup is a hard link.

But I forget that I'm the only one that experiments or something. :^P

lol wtf? Khaos has that awesome side switch combo, and I even found a bug...

Well, RIP 10ks with the super change.

Why all of these nerfs all of a sudden anyway?

Why all of these nerfs all of a sudden anyway?

i dont know what you mean by "all of a sudden" fortune players should be used to it by now.

Reactions: DDB
i dont know what you mean by "all of a sudden" fortune players should be used to it by now.
I haven't been playing her for very long so I wouldn't know.

But still, it's some really big changes, even her neutral will change with hp and super changes.

Since the super change is around I found a new fairly simple combo for me:

cr.lk s.mk cr.hp j.jp adc j.lk j.hp lk axekick(restand) s.lp(x1) s.mk s.hp hp rekka (x2) cat slide cr.lk s.mk s.hp rekka(x3) super head roll (This is assuming you've reached the corner or close enough so that super won't miss after the second rekka)

Does 7k in theory but I can't test this until the next build is in but I've confirmed that head roll will hit twice in the corner and at max scaling (which I hope was 20% damage) will add 200 damage (in the current build it's 6.8k) Also this is assuming the head roll cancel doesn't need to combo of off the slide or needs an otg.

EDIT: almost universal but this combo doesn't work on bb unless you cr.mp instead after the cat slide so that may or may not kill damage.

Nope.

Last edited:
Remember that you can still link the lk after the third rekka in the corner, doing (a lot) more damage and keeping the undizzy from the slide.

Also, in that case, you should do c.lk after the restand and get the lp at the end after the otg for the full chain.

Ah good idea!

EDIT: well actually I'm confused, do what now? Got it.

Last edited:
yea shes been getting nerfed since vanilla. shes had buffs along the way too but she was in serious need of fixing for a while.

Revision of the Mok Zed combo.
Neat combo, but just a couple of things worth noting:

It does 7.8k with lk, mk, hp at the start.
In that j.lp you should have used j.lk, it does more damage, combos easier and gives you a full air chain if you go for a reset later in the combo.
Then, you could switch the s.lk with c.mk and M fiber with H.
Also, don't ever use s.hk in your last chain, do s.hp instead.

Does exactly 8k with these modifications.

But if you're doing fiber loops you should be using the lk fiber, j.hp, j.hp, lk el gato restand (at least until we find something better).

Suggestions
I'll test that later. This is Day 1.5 Fortune for me, so yeah.

EDIT: Also, @CaioLugon, I'm not sure j.HP, j.HP works with the hitstun changes, but I'll check.

Mkay. Changing j.LP > j.LK, M Fiber > H, and s.HK to s.HP award me 8384 damage. Doing those changes, plus adding s.MK to the opening chain awards me 8175 is s.MK is one hit, and 8000 if it's two. Doing everything plus changing the first ADC to j.HP, j.HP, L El Gato triggers Undizzy when you start the final chain. So, yeah.

Actually, I noticed that MK fiber, j.HP, adc, j.HP, LK axe kick seems to restand a few characters as well. Not sure what that'll actually do to the damage.

Actually, I noticed that MK fiber, j.HP, adc, j.HP, LK axe kick seems to restand a few characters as well. Not sure what that'll actually do to the damage.
The way I built the revision was trying to have as many single-hit, high damage moves connect, along with adding things here and there to maximize damage before the final chain.

I'll go test that out, though, and report back. Expect an edit.

Doing everything plus changing the first ADC to j.HP, j.HP, L El Gato triggers Undizzy when you start the final chain. So, yeah.
You do s.lk in the first ground chain in that case.

You do s.lk in the first ground chain in that case.
... That's how I open the combo >.>

Oh, my bad. Yeah, that works. Excluding the MK in the opener (that just scales everything long-term), the current iteration I have is 8773. So, thanks for that.

Also found an interesting thing (note: This was all tested against Parasoul).

If you change out Rekka > Super with H Fiber > Feral Edge, you can sneeze as a burst bait. Depending on your timing, burst will whiff.

Also found an interesting thing (note: This was all tested against Parasoul).

If you change out Rekka > Super with H Fiber > Feral Edge, you can sneeze as a burst bait. Depending on your timing, burst will whiff.
Bursts triggered with sneeze don't work as burst baits, unfortunately. The opponent can block afterwards. :(

Bursts triggered with sneeze don't work as burst baits, unfortunately. The opponent can block afterwards. :(
But can they do anything else before touching the ground?

Yes, ffs, not-actually-baited bursts you recover to regular air state, you can do whatever you want.

Yes, ffs, not-actually-baited bursts you recover to regular air state, you can do whatever you want.
Sorry I didn't know there was a difference between physical and projectile bursts with my Day 2 Fortune.

Messed around in the lab a bit while messing with Retrostation's combo to find a midscreen variation (because st.HP > LK Fiber adds a hella amount of damage and doesn't work on everyone midscreen) that works on all characters (because cr.HP > j.HP > j.HP > LK axe kick doesn't connect on everyone) and

Last edited:
because j.HP > j.HP > LK axe kick doesn't connect on everyone
It actually does...

Assuming your doing it from lk fiber.

Also, the change to Rekka (I forget when this happened) makes it so that you don't have to do QCF every time. Just do QCF+P, P, P. Your first P determines overall strength, so you could do QCF+HP, LP, MP if you wanted, but the game will registered it all as HP Rekka inputs.

The More You Know :PUN:

These cr.lk st.hp confirms

It actually does...

Assuming your doing it from lk fiber.
Err whoops. I meant from cr.HP.

Also, the change to Rekka (I forget when this happened) makes it so that you don't have to do QCF every time. Just do QCF+P, P, P. Your first P determines overall strength, so you could do QCF+HP, LP, MP if you wanted, but the game will registered it all as HP Rekka inputs.

The More You Know :PUN:
I know, but rekkas are fun when you do the motion, hehe.

Also, cr.LK > st.HP is hardly a confirm since the Fiber upper whiffs on a lot of people (and a crouching Fortune). That starter adds a LOT of damage.

I figured cuz Fiber's weird like that. Also, I'm not sure how you managed to land all the hits of s.MP in the last chain, unless you canceled it early and I didn't see it. So, I just did 4 hits (4th hit has minor vacuum on it) for restand into s.MK

EDIT: That's not c.LK I'm starting with; it's s.LK. It does more damage than c.LK

Retro, when you're midscreen you use s.hk to get close enough to the opponent for a fiber, you can do most of fortune's corner stuff anywhere like that.

Reactions: RetroStation
Has ferserker always been techable on blue bounce?

I don't know why I just know noticed that. Been doing it for months.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.