• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Frame Clean Up Errors Thread!

fukua has some weird pixels under her eye

Fukua has a lot of 1-3 pixel clean up errors. I'm not sure that they will be fixed, nor does it seem that they need to be fixed all that much.

595339519C3E4F8CDE04D02B33FAA560FD2C96AD

Welp.

Reactions: Jelly
Ms. Fortune's forward dash. The fluff on her jeans(?) turns the same colour as her blood for one frame.
w5Gdfhc.png

Double's skin colour overlaps onto her eye in the end frame of her s.HK.
pdm6QJS.png

@EU03 Bella's new taunt has some funky pixelation going on with her face's shading
Looks like something with the rendering from the lighting; it's affected in almost all her frames. Nothing I can do.
Beos teeth are really dark in his taunt. Even if it's the lighting, they are really dark
Fixing this now.
is it just me or does ms fortunes stand block have tons of see through bits?
It does, because of the way the clean-up was done on those frames. It's not a quick or easy fix, but I'll look at what I can do.
I think this may be a bug/error: during Filia's taunt, Samson's spittle is colored really dark blue.
Noted, will fix today.
dont know if i already posted this but fukua has some weird pixels under her eye
Can't really do much about this. The eye is an aliased shape, which is heavily affected by any scaling. I made a small tweak that makes it look slightly better, but that's all I can do.

Reactions: SmashBlade
Ms. Fortune's forward dash. The fluff on her jeans(?) turns the same colour as her blood for one frame.
Not the blood (actually the bell colour), but fixed regardless.
Double's skin colour overlaps onto her eye in the end frame of her s.HK.
Fixed.
Welp.
Not clean-up error, but I guess it's something Mike will(?) look at.

Reactions: SmashBlade
The eye issue was fixed but now Double's s.HK is doing this
M5ifdih.png

Reactions: Cas Chronon
Peacock's c.hp? I mentioned in several threads that a part of her hair changes color after the shotgun blast.

AGGGHHHHGH ok fixing it now.

Peacock's c.hp? I mentioned in several threads that a part of her hair changes color after the shotgun blast.
Looks like the color from the shotgun blast was sticking around for a few extra frames. Fixed.

This has already been addressed in the latest build!

Sorry my bad! Thank you!

M5ifdih.png
Dude wow haha

In Peacock's palette LP MP HP (the Pajama palette, which has everything but Peacock herself the same color), Andy's iris' palette color are all colored the same as his sclera, instead of the red color it's supposed to be.

Last edited:
In Peacock's palette LP MP HP (the Pajama palette, which has everything but Peacock herself the same color), Andy's iris' palette color are all colored the same as his sclera, instead of the red color it's supposed to be.
That's a limitation of the colour map, not an error. Sorry, but it can't be fixed.

No idea if this is the right place to post it or it would be better in the "Last Beta Suggestions" thread, but this seemed like the better place overall?
Not really a clean up error but sorta related I suppose or .. something. Apologies if this is in the wrong place!
-- Fukua L.Shadow turns transparent very slowly and late, causing this:
8uy6v6wv.jpg

It goes almost fully into the opponent before fully disappearing; has an entire char length less range than it seems to have
That makes it very very difficult to discern when it is going to it - which is both a hassle for the Fukua and for the opponent (most notably for Bellas trying to reflect)
It instantly disappearing after the active frames run out is probably an awful idea, but perhaps make the fadeout a bit quicker? If at all possible without looking ugly

Surely offtopic:
You recently changed the Robo Fortune Beams on Varia Suit and Gravity Suit palettes omg I love you thanks <3 Bzoom Bzoom
The Plasma Beam looks really really good too, now I got a bit of a palette dilemma even :O

Slightly less offtopic.. still OT but I didn't know where else to toss it and since I was already posting here~ Sorry if this was a bad decision!:
As a finaaaaaaaal nitpick on the VariaSuit palette; I think it would be a bit better if the 2ndary effects (cHP sparkles etc) were Ice-Beam-Blue as well
For one I don't really know what (if anything) the pink is referencing, for two the 2ndary effect is what causes the opponent's colour (as they flash in that effect's colour after being hit),
and the Ice Beam palette turning the opponent blue would be.. quite fitting, I believe! That is what happens in the game, after all ;-)

Again, apologies if this post is entirely out of place, I just wasn't sure where else to post the things so it landed here :/

Thank you lots for all you guys are doing!! <3

Last edited:
Beowulf has no eyes during his level 3 I dunno if that's intentional but yeah. No eyes. Iris? Pupil? I dunno eyes.

Just noticed that today too, I think it might be intentional though.

Oh MAN I've been waiting for a place like this:
Beowulf's chair being incorrectly colored and his argyle pattern being non-existent during his low block animation
44251B23FF2371425325A724477F8715CE2CC3E8

Big Band's headphones being incorrectly colored during his sliding knockdown animation
A3D58C6582A3439B81508483AFE49A280F0D78C2

The valves on Big Band's sax pack being drawn incorrectly during his s.MP
205F212A2CA9BB605F07A552813CAF3BD67B90B6

The laser-hitting-the-ground effect on Robo-Fortune's air light laser having a weird outline
65A7471BECB8A124EDAFA5A2E347A5F1BAB4BBC2
A weird red...something near Big Band's sax pack during E-Brake
746C211D014712FA8F3C2EE4F0457F2CE22BC634

Big Band's headphones going transparent during his s.MK
11B3C01D88B60B4AAE81F0BBAD76E675DDCBDCB8

Big Band's sweater being not-red during his the assist "taunt" before he jumps off screen
B85B677B87F49041837B051E5FF974AB47A0D6B1

The whites of Big Band's eyes being oddly colored during his air grab (more noticeable with other palettes last time I checked)
DCFDB8B9770D13FDA2A7D71F0A787D273D9E5B30

Big Band's foot-wheel not being black during his back-dash
5F67D1E473E6BB9363185B87F50BE4344499D606

A single black pixel on Big Band's eyes during his c.LP that my eyes always go to whenever I use the move holy mother of GOD this annoys me
B822CADD4DA7ECC506609DBB9C70028EBD84D9EF
The slide during Brass/A-Train/E-Brake looking weird near the front (end?) of it
EB69EB5B7B04045B0A93ACD995FD3AB0498C0C3D

The base of the Noise Cancel cymbals (I don't know what they're called) not being the same color (Don't know if this counts as an error, but whatever I'm mentioning it anyways)
9C58E3F5C4C5C86D1A435818459ADAE978BFF71D

582C0CF61E42AABA0AB4B9100CEC0A87FEB81FC5
The bass clef on Big Band's tag-out not fading back in after fading away, unlike the treble clef effect
957B1044797657B6828A1FE3F54EA804A5E746F4

Hey guys, in R. fortunes 22nd palette both of her arms are black, but when she does her win pose one arm turns green while the other stays black, i would include a screenshot but steam is being stupid.
That's a result of the lighting from the eyes, increasing the slight green bias from the black; it's not an error.

That's a result of the lighting from the eyes, increasing the slight green bias from the black; it's not an error.

Directly after posting this i played a little more with that palette and noticed that it was just her lights, in the brighter stages i could have sworn it turned green though, My mistake.

Oh MAN I've been waiting for a place like this:

All of this stuff is now fixed except for the bass clef disappearing (low priority), the sax valve on s.MP (low pri and harder to fix), and the foot wheel on backdash (we like it grey instead).

Thanks for point all this stuff out!

Beowulf has no eyes during his level 3 I dunno if that's intentional but yeah. No eyes. Iris? Pupil? I dunno eyes.

As Skarmand said, this is intentional.

I've always wondered what's going on with the logic behind Painwheels forward HK, specifically the inconsistent number of blades. If the extra blades in this attack are just supposed to emerge from hammer space I guess I'll buy that explanation.
1: One blade of four is extended, four remain (Total of five). Notable for the entire attack is that the blades somehow flip backwards (They usually have the point counter-clockwise, but here the ones that aren't hitting are pointed clockwise) which is probably major enough on its own to invalidate all further nitpicking but here we go:
ilrkqUP.png

2: Two blades extended, four still remain folded back:
wu74moT.png

3: Here the whole thing just moves forward a bit which I guess makes sense physically. There are still 6 blades total:
nyLlDgC.png

4: The "rest" of the blades extend and now they're just four total. I have no idea what's going on:
0Swaksq.png
I'm not really asking for anything to be changed but man the way this is animated boggles my mind

I've always wondered what's going on with the logic behind Painwheels forward HK, specifically the inconsistent number of blades. If the extra blades in this attack are just supposed to emerge from hammer space I guess I'll buy that explanation.

I'm not really asking for anything to be changed but man the way this is animated boggles my mind

Gonna have to get used to feeling boggled on that one. Sorry.

1: One blade of four is extended, four remain (Total of five). Notable for the entire attack is that the blades somehow flip backwards (They usually have the point counter-clockwise, but here the ones that aren't hitting are pointed clockwise) which is probably major enough on its own to invalidate all further nitpicking but here we go:
ilrkqUP.png

wu74moT.png

3: Here the whole thing just moves forward a bit which I guess makes sense physically. There are still 6 blades total:
nyLlDgC.png

4: The "rest" of the blades extend and now they're just four total. I have no idea what's going on:
0Swaksq.png
Shot in the dark, but they may be at an angle that makes them look three-dimensional but because they are so close together it makes them look like there's more than there actually is until they attack

ilrkqUP.png

wu74moT.png

nyLlDgC.png

0Swaksq.png

Oh, huh. This is how I animated it in the rough:
fHK_cancel3.gif

Guess those details were lost when I passed it to our animators. Back then we were on a really tight schedule so it probably slipped through our notice.

Looking at the date of the finished file, 9/19/2011, it was one of the last Painwheel moves I did and required working through the weekend to finish. On that day I also started working on my first Valentine's animation, ground throw, and Brain Drain's animation in PW's intro too.

Oh god, looking at these dates, I remembered that we were in ultra crunch and finished up (in-house) Valentine's animation in one month because we were just straight out of time. I think I did like 300 frames in one week or something ridiculous like that. That was not a fun time.

Anyway, this PW animation is probably never going to get fixed. Thanks for catching it though!

EDIT: OH I SEE WHY THIS HAPPENED! The keyframe makes it look like the the blades are hitting the opposite direction because of the way it's drawn - it's extra spiky in the back when the actual blade is smooth on the back. I was working off of rough keyframes Alex drew and didn't catch that it could be misconstrued like that when I animated it. Shoot, sorry guys.

Are Filia's nails supposed to be pink? They turn pink when she is attacked in the air.

2015-05-23_00001.jpg

For comparison
2015-05-23_00002.jpg

dd28f23ed8.jpg

In one frame of Fukua's idle pose, her hair is completely disconnected from the lineart. As far as I know, this is the only frame with the issue. Look into Filia's other win pose, too, since they share the same animation.

Reactions: Flotilla
@EU03 - For the Fukua idle error, it looks like hair18_colors is a duplicate of hair19_colors.

Are Filia's nails supposed to be pink? They turn pink when she is attacked in the air.

That's all over the place on Filia. The short answer is no, they're not supposed to be, but there are too many individual frames to fix so we're not going to. It's also not that noticeable unless you're looking for it. Though now that I've said it's all over the place, no one who reads this will likely be able to unsee it. SORRY!

Found another thing related to Val's vial stuff:
BC61141E65AE49EDBA897289B3FA99A7F8D911E6

F8C8141B3AE4BAA7A94C1057E9837A72F9610F48

The palette effect also isn't applied to Beo's chair, but that seems intentional since, well, it's a chair.

Found another thing related to Val's vial stuff:
Colors which are not affected by lighting are not affected by palette effects either, so her blood never changes color. Not a bug.

Painwheel's mask, the left and right sections are see through. All of PW palettes have the sides see through... on 360. Mentioned on the Beo' Update thread, shortly after release, Mike responded. However, don't know if a fix has been done for the next update?

Painwheel's mask, the left and right sections are see through. All of PW palettes have the sides see through... on 360. Mentioned on the Beo' Update thread, shortly after release, Mike responded. However, don't know if a fix has been done for the next update?
It hasn't...annnnnnnnnd it probably won't get fixed. >.<

It hasn't...annnnnnnnnd it probably won't get fixed. >.<
To late to see what's wrong? Figures... to close to R.Fortune's release to work on it I guess. What would be the reason for that bug anyhow?

To late to see what's wrong? Figures... to close to R.Fortune's release to work on it I guess. What would be the reason for that bug anyhow?
Some math in a shader being slightly off. And it's uh, scary to touch.

More fixes, more problems... Ah well. Feel guilty that I didn't report this sooner though.

Mike Z nervously tittering over the house of cards that is Skullgirls, lol

"Don't touch that shader, for the love of god!"

And that analogy is why I'm not a programmer.