• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fukua General Discussion

And it'd be out of character for Fukua because judging by her moveset for the most part... She's in control, instead of Shamone.

Mike already said it that Filia animation never gonna be in the game, L0 dropped it.
Yeah, I just can't imagine why Mike would be uncomfortable with having this depiction of sexual assault in his video game. #Coppa

@Armageddon11
I didn't mean you overstepped, sorry.

Just...that animation got cleaned up because I never saw it before it got cleaned up since she was the first character we made. If I had, it would have stopped right there.
When I saw it, we had a huge discussion about what we were going for in the game. The answer was, emphatically not that.

I don't mind panties showing if that is what it's decided the character will dress like, or Valentine's winpose if that's what it's decided her attitude is. I fight back on some stuff, but not much.
I do mind outright sexualization in a manner that has nothing to do with the temperament or general style of the character, specifically for sexualization's sake.

Moving on...

Yup, that one ain't happen.

I do hope that Filia taunt makes it in the future, that was playfully chummy given them both.

In unrelated Fukua aesthetic things:

I think the sound effect on the wall hit of her Level 3 should be changed to the *SMACK* noise commonly used in snap outs (and Big Band's HP brass knuckles). Currently it just has a dull sort of *THUD* which doesn't really fit with the sizable chunk of health it takes off.

Reactions: DDB
Hey...now that I think about it...is anyone getting some Issac vibes from Fukua?

With the whole "clone" coming out to attack thing? Of course it's not Issac's time mechanic but does it feel similar to anyone else?
I was gonna mention it but decided not to. however her design may draw inspiration from Issac concepts

Filia_unusedtimeoutanim.gif
Reckon there's any chance of them giving her this old animation, since they are reusing some old Filia stuff?
That looks more like a taunt or winpose (timeout only?). Personally, I'd just give that to filia as a taunt.

EDIT: Posted before seeing the rest of the thread. I thought Samson was trying to get up and walk (the peddling legs and straining face), but Filia was getting her top grabbed in the process. Knowing the character personalities, I didnt think of assault.

Mike Z said it will never happen, stop asking for it, it is becoming off topic now

Reactions: Mr. X
Actually, no, not Isaac.

@Zazz
Funnily enough I originally had it as that noise (the 'special' hit sound) but I didn't like it. I tried it again just now, and I still don't.
Lemme mess with it though, see what you think next update.

Mike Z said it will never happen, stop asking for it, it is becoming off topic now
Dont worry, dude. I neither asked for it nor knew about Mikes stance on it before posting. In fact The post was edited before I even saw your post.

What part of "not happening" is not getting through here, though?

not really directed at you, it hasnt been the first time it has been sugested and Mike Z keeps saying no, it really just clutters up stuff
on topic: so how close is Fukua to completion now?

I thought Fukua was done? Like in, most things are satisfactory and now let's see how she develops and tweak only proven issues. Gameplay-wise, aesthetics she looks super cool to me and her own thing too, she has to be the best clone character in a fighting game, everything was so creatively reused.

Hmm so she's got 2 victory poses...well pose and a beat and dash victory, but reusing assets what could work for her 3rd? Just curious what people can come up with is all.

Funnily enough I originally had it as that noise (the 'special' hit sound) but I didn't like it. I tried it again just now, and I still don't.
Lemme mess with it though, see what you think next update.
Understood. Thanks for the reply.

Hmm so she's got 2 victory poses...well pose and a beat and dash victory, but reusing assets what could work for her 3rd? Just curious what people can come up with is all.
Maybe something with a bunch of clones appearing on the screen? Like that Dr. Doom win pose where a bunch of his copies appears? (Not the chair one, the other one where they surround the opponent)

Reactions: Covenant
Aren't the only other characters with another victory pose Big Band and Filia? Until we get more for other characters I think 3 victory poses will be pushing it. (Unless one of them is replaced)

She's pretty close to done but I've been shown some issues.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but does hitting Fukua out of tag-in not count as counterhit?

With the projectile change, LK Shadow now doesn't hit Fortune's head anymore.
Which sucks a lot etc. And really shouldn't happen, considering it does get hit by projectiles normally.
Is this intended @Mike_Z ? I don't see anything about it in the patchnotes

@IsaVulpes
Oh hmm. I think that has to do with me screwing something else up, not the projectile change. Can fix, check next update.

@everyone else
SO are we basically satisfied with Fukua now?

Reactions: No longer exist
- I would still prefer if Armor Grab didn't have her switch sides with the opponent :p But I guess it doesn't really matter since she can just switch back with a combo
- I *HATE* wrong side autocorrect normals, but that's an every-char thing and just happens more frequently for her due to side switch combos (I doubt there's a fix for this anyways)
- I'd like to try LoveDart assist coming out from behind the point rather than in front of it (same with Painwheel Nail while I'm at it~); most projectiles act like that, dunno if it would be too good for her or something.

All in all, yeah she's cool, feels good and is fun to play. Thumbs up ^_^

The assist position thing we can try, and I assume you meant only M and H nail for PW. :^P

The new loading screen art is the best in the game now. Did skullmaggedon make it?

What does the new loading art look like?

New loading art? 03o

I LOVE IT!!!!!
No seriously though I love that art ^^

SO are we basically satisfied with Fukua now?
I like how she plays and plan on adding her to my team.

Also the new loading screen is neat.

ok my problem so far is that.....fukua faces the other way when i do c lk......when i've never even crossed under....wassup with that?

and how come BFF isn't even jab punishable or is it frame tight? cause all i can do is just grab or hope that it whiffs.

ok my problem so far is that.....fukua faces the other way when i do c lk......when i've never even crossed under....wassup with that?

and how come BFF isn't even jab punishable or is it frame tight? cause all i can do is just grab or hope that it whiffs.
If you happened to be even a pixel underneath them, c.lk will come out the other way.

The fix is to simply double tap it. If the first one starts in the wrong direction, the second one will correct.

If you happened to be even a pixel underneath them, c.lk will come out the other way.

The fix is to simply double tap it. If the first one starts in the wrong direction, the second one will correct.
hold on that's where you lost me but.

s hp> j mk > j hp > j hk > C LK (double tap)

so you mean to tell me that it should work out?

hold on that's where you lost me but.

s hp> j mk > j hp > j hk > C LK (double tap)

so you mean to tell me that it should work out?
Yep.