• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fukua General Discussion

eNnv4fn.jpg
I'm so dumb. I only just now realised that's a Decapre palette.

Reactions: Compa and agent13
Omg she has a freaking Decapre palette...

Holy shit.

Reactions: punchy1234
is her intro a reference to rare akuma?

truly she is next level mugen technology.

now i just need to figure out how to play as her.

wait a minute guys, is she a charge character trolololo but seriously this is beautiful

Honestly, I want her to be too overpowered simply so we can joke that "Fukua and Akuma are banned from tournaments."

Reactions: .42.
wait a minute guys, is she a charge character trolololo but seriously this is beautiful
She isnt but I was expecting her to be.

Reactions: agent13
Fukua is tournament legal right?
If Fukua can't be in the retail game please keep her in the beta

Last edited:
I want to play her at the BAM qualifier this weekend, I don't know if I will have her at a decent level though

I wonder how long it took Mike to implement her. Was this planned for months now, or was this in response to thinking "I bet I could make a better clone than Capcom in less time" after the Decapre reveal?

IMMEDIATE EDIT: Nvm, Was already answered
I think you had this in plan a few weeks before April first didn't you Mike? lol
Not even one week.

Just don't get why her lvl 5 is harder to perform, harder to hit and hits less than her lvl 3.

Just don't get why her lvl 5 is harder to perform, harder to hit and hits less than her lvl 3.

Trying comboing after you hit with it. You'll see.

Reactions: Skymin50
After watching some video, I can confidently say, Fukua's projectile is a suitable projectile for Bella Pong. I'm confirming it.

Does Fukua have a story mode cuz I wanna play her story

and a personal opinion
I honestly think she shouldn't stay. I hear from various sources around here that she's staying. It's nice as an April Fool's, but really? Staying as an actual character? If you wanna keep her, just do it in the beta. That's just me though

Reactions: Eben
Does Fukua have a story mode cuz I wanna play her story

and a personal opinion
I honestly think she shouldn't stay. I hear from various sources around here that she's staying. It's nice as an April Fool's, but really? Staying as an actual character? If you wanna keep her, just do it in the beta. That's just me though
I would love to have her an an annual character though.

I want her to stay because she brings something unique to the table gameplay wise.
Sure, she could use some balancing but I see no reason to remove her.

I want her to stay because she brings something unique to the table gameplay wise.
Sure, she could use some balancing but I see no reason to remove her.
I want her to stay because she finally confirms my age old suspicion that if filla waves her hips at you with too much force it causes you to explode as seen in her level 5.

I mean, she didn't cost any money, and it only took a week to implement her into the game while being unique gameplay wise (and even some of the visuals are distinct from Filia) there's not really a point in not keeping her in the game at this point.

So uh, 20 minute testing left me with this, feel free to fix things:

+ Doublejump
+ Projectile much better than Ringlet
+ 4f Cmd Grab
+ Lvl5
+ Drill has a bit more use than Ground Hairball on Point
+ Safe DHC

- No Airdash
- No Airball
- No Updo
- No Reversal Air Super
- Drill is worse assist than Hairball
- No Fullscreen reaching DHC that allows followup combos

± j.HK (rather tending towards -, but for a non Airdash character, j.HK is not as useful)

Looks overall worse to me; much harder to open people up with, worse resets, worse assists, worse defence ..
But more use for Meter in Neutral and a Safe DHC, so if you don't rely on an defensive assist, maybe she's good as an anchor?
Doesn't have any really useful assists though, even the good looking projectiles are difficult to utilize as Fukua comes out in front of the point (as opposed to behind it)

I don't dig keeping her if alone due to the animations not being up to par with the S+ class of the rest of the game, pulling down the average.. but also simply due to her being *too* similar (see: almost all normals).

Fukua needs a Shadow Lady Pallete asap!
I was just about to post this!

Reactions: Wenzel
I'm still not 100% convinced that she's here to stay, I mean it IS April Fools...if she's still around after midnight tonight then I'll be convinced

I'm still not 100% convinced that she's here to stay, I mean it IS April Fools...if she's still around after midnight tonight then I'll be convinced

Same, but since SG rooster is to small its a high possibility that she stay in the game, more chars. moar fun! (?)

I just finished Arcade Mode with her and it said I unlocked new art in the gallery? I looked and nothing I saw was new, except most of big Band's stuff was locked and there was a locked picture in the lineup At section, but nothing else was new. I'm not totally sure if it had to do with that...

I just finished Arcade Mode with her and it said I unlocked new art in the gallery? I looked and nothing I saw was new, except most of big Band's stuff was locked and there was a locked picture in the lineup At section, but nothing else was new. I'm not totally sure if it had to do with that...
Could be her section isnt viewable yet.

Same, but since SG rooster is to small its a high possibility that she stay in the game, more chars. moar fun! (?)

Yeah I have no problem with her being in the game as long as she's balanced, like you said the more characters the better at this point.

What gets me is that, with all the voting and crowd funding for DLC characters + all the hard work necessary to develop entirely new characters, there were announcements and artwork and all that cool stuff, but then out of nowhere comes Fukua ( how do you even pronounce her name? I haven't heard it spoken yet so I'm calling her "Fuck You-ah" ), whom according to Mike Z was created in less than a week, and just happens to be released on April Fool's Day with a trailer clearly poking fun at the Decapre release....just doesn't add up if you ask me

What gets me is that, with all the voting and crowd funding for DLC characters + all the hard work necessary to develop entirely new characters, there were announcements and artwork and all that cool stuff, but then out of nowhere comes Fukua ( how do you even pronounce her name? I haven't heard it spoken yet so I'm calling her "Fuck You-ah" ), whom according to Mike Z was created in less than a week, and just happens to be released on April Fool's Day with a trailer clearly poking fun at the Decapre release....just doesn't add up if you ask me
If you seriously don't see how much less work Fukua was than BigBand, I'm gonna take a wild guess that you're one of the blind SG players that Mike made that -clipboardsound thing for.

I'd prefer she not be left in the game. From a gameplay standpoint I don't have an issue with "clones" as long as they're sufficiently different in playstyle.

From an aesthetics point of view I think it cheapens the existing characters, especially with how diverse the current cast already is. I don't think the roster being small is a good excuse to add something like this. If it's left in the game it becomes the thing it was created to parody.

Reactions: dMags
And now I know what Mike meant >w<

Lol fun trailer and character, I like the new moves and the music. Was fun to play with, hope she stays for the sheer fun of it lol and those palettes... so good lol X3

Capcom is gonna need a Burn Heal though lol. But yeah I had fun with Fukua :3

Yeah I have no problem with her being in the game as long as she's balanced, like you said the more characters the better at this point.

Several Filia animations just swapped colors + add a few moves ( moves that didn´t make it for Filia final attacks (?) = Fukua

Can´t compare Fukua process from all the DLC chars, but well...that´s the propuse of Fukua to expose all that lazy work for big companies like Capcom, shots fired.