• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fukua General Discussion

If you seriously don't see how much less work Fukua was than BigBand, I'm gonna take a wild guess that you're one of the blind SG players that Mike made that -clipboardsound thing for.

No no you guys are mis-understanding me, obviously Fukua took way less work than Big Band and every other DLC character, that's what I'm trying to say.....It doesn't make sense that after creating all new characters they'd just stick in Fukua, unless it were a joke

Yeah, I'm really not getting why some people appear to think Filia is better than Fukua. But different strokes, I guess.

Wow. I never knew people liked a clone more than the original

Yeah, I'm really not getting why some people appear to think Filia is better than Fukua. But different strokes, I guess.
I made a list a few posts before this, feel free to disprove my points

And yes I hope her staying in is the true April's Fools joke

No no you guys are mis-understanding me, obviously Fukua took way less work than Big Band and every other DLC character, that's what I'm trying to say.....It doesn't make sense that after creating all new characters they'd just stick in Fukua, unless it were a joke

If you think about it, Robo-Fortune did the same thing. Or will do.
A jokey clone character comes out of nowhere with no hype and lands a playable character spot.

so when is her sotry going to be released? when she is out on console? also im wondering now was she made before the patch and just kept a secret until today and will actually be in the main game when BB hits?

She has an Ashley palette.

An Ashley palette.

This is too awesome a prank for words. ;.;
which palette is that?

which palette is that?

At school right now, but it was like palette 3 or 5 when I checked? The red dress, black hair, red eyes.

Living in the haunted trashcan~

Fukua should have Mane-iac palette.
Art by Sirzi
the_mane_iac_by_sirzi-d6yymxt.png

This is really Nice, I'm glad she's staying. Im wondering though, does she have a cloned Samson on her head or does she just have her own hair powers. I hope its just her own powers. I also hope she gets an air fireball and a demon flip.

Personally I think it's a great addition. I mean, worst case scenario, you don't like her and other people have another character to play. I think her damage could do some balancing, but other than that I don't see why we shouldn't leave her in, since Mike already did the majority of the work to do it. I mean, SF2 had Ken and people eventually were pretty okay with that, even with the small cast.

This is really Nice, I'm glad she's staying. Im wondering though, does she have a cloned Samson on her head or does she just have her own hair powers. I hope its just her own powers. I also hope she gets an air fireball and a demon flip.
love dart is already an air fire ball

She hasn't even been out for a whole day, why are people making gameplay judgement?

Reactions: Camail
While I think she's pretty cool something about Filia calling Fukua assists looks really strange. I thought I'd be used to it because Double but it's still strange having a pallete swap.
All the SG characters are really unique and having a clone character is sort of 'Whoa' even if she's more different than Fox and Falco.
I'd probably be more at peace with it if she only had one colour, and it was dark and disguishable from Filias palletes, maybe an aura or something too.
But if a bunch of people love her and she's here to stay, then hey, welcome, Fukua!

Just an honest question do you think she'll get a new character select art?

Someone be a dear and post the name of her special moves and dhcs xoxoxo

Last edited:
I made a list a few posts before this, feel free to disprove my points

And yes I hope her staying in is the true April's Fools joke
Well your list is just comparing Fukua's moves to Filia's. Everything is correct but most of the things you said also apply to a lot of other characters. If drill is a worse assist than hairball, then use something else. There are a lot of assists that aren't as good as hairball and there are a lot of characters without an air dash. Filia's going to be always be a better Filia than Fukua. But Fukua is nothing like Filia except for some normals. She's not meant to be the rushdown monster that Filia is but that doesn't make her a worse character. She's her own entity. She's only been available for a few hours. You can't judge how good a character is by only comparing her to completely different character.

Reactions: Lunerstep
why is everyone calling her a joke character?

Is it because she's Russian?
It's a spinoff the new street fighter character. Go look up "decapre reveal" on youtube. The reveal trailer of fukua is a direct parody.

I am in awe...
I can't stand that capcom burn...
Now we have a legit reason to put filia in the trashcan
And those supers, gawd the trolling power! (don't beat the BB lvl5, but still)
MikeZ is my new god, i'll adress my prays to zidiane again later, when the hype will linger

So, if she stays, are we're getting a story mode? I doubt it, but maybe?

Also, is it Foo-coo-ah or fuck-you-ah?

Reactions: Hilary
Lab0, you made my day ♥

It would seem that the unused Fillia animation from the art compendium would be perfect for this clone.

On second thought it probably wouldn't since Fukua is evil so the animation wouldn't make much sense in that context.

It's a spinoff the new street fighter character. Go look up "decapre reveal" on youtube. The reveal trailer of fukua is a direct parody.
Fukua has existed long before Decapre's reveal

Fukua was an in-joke based on a typo that the UI guy Brady made during a stream. The reveal only happened because it was a perfect opportunity to take shots at Capcom.

News to me.
That's understandable. Besides the L0 team, she was only known to whoever watches Brady's streams few months ago

EDIT: Nap'd

If there's ever a Skullgirls 2, declone-ify Fukua to look less like Filia and make her her own character.

This may be one of the greatest April Fools Day jokes ever. Hell, maybe if there's the money for it, make her the Noob Saibot of Skullgirls and make her a hidden challenger that we can fight after doing a bunch of ridiculous requirements. (Seriously, why don't fighting games do that kind of thing anymore?)

So, if she stays, are we're getting a story mode? I doubt it, but maybe?

Also, is it Foo-coo-ah or fuck-you-ah?

2mystery4story

KEEPHERKEEPHERKEEPHERKEEPHERKEEPHERKEEPHERKEEPHERKEEPHERKEEPHERKEEPHERKEEPHERKEEPHERKEEPHERKEEPHERKEEPHER

Reactions: Dime
Well just cuse I love hearing what others come up with, if you all could see "new" blockbusters for her using already existing frames what could you see her doing?

Personally I think if she had a special like spiral from mvc3 with crazy fast multi-hits using a bunch of her sprites already and ending with her hair flip attack could look pretty cool. ^^