• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fukua General Discussion

Big Fist is called Brass Knuckle

Fukua Options:
LK.Shadow
c.HK
H.Drill xx Kiss
Jump, Airdart (retracts you bottom hurtbox, so you just go over it)
Block, j.HK j.HP xN
Countercall
Hmm, so I'm gonna have to change it up then. Usually, I'm the one being hit by it on countercall.

Don't call assist against Brass if you don't have to / can't cover your assist / can't punish the Brass.
Fukua definitely doesn't have to run into the threat of Brass countercalls, she just beats all characters 1v1

soooo L fireball..... thoughts on the change? anyone find anything cool with it?
Outta curiousity, what was changed? I didn't play pre-change.

I do like it the way it is now because it's active for so long.

Angle change isn't too bad. The move still does it's primary purpose which is to help cover Fukua going down from the air. It's just a bit more fair now considering that she can still convert off it.

uPFDKvD.jpg

Really not liking the hitstun change on air hairballs.

So, how do you think changes affected her gameplay?
Because i'm back from SkullBrake (brake from skullgirls) and i want to know what to do with her new abilities.

So, how do you think changes affected her gameplay?
Because i'm back from SkullBrake (brake from skullgirls) and i want to know what to do with her new abilities.
the changes makes her more smart. she no longer can depend on j hk to fireball and expect conversion. she also can't use drill like an idiot and convert by using BFF. thus you have to combo BFF in another way.

On top of that the L fireball becoming steep is somewhat of a buff and is to be used defensively and used for cross ups.

Fukua is STILL the strong character she is. but she is no longer overpowering and could rushdown at will to destroy the opponent.

you must be alot more tactical as you zone almost as good as peacock but grab almost as good as bella(who am i kidding? no one grabs better than bella).

TL;DR you must every single toll fukua has, calculate distance and use the RIGHT tool for the RIGHT job instead using THE tool for ANY job

Reactions: Nonckiewicz
You mean having to think on your pressure rather than just j.hk xx dart?
I actually didn't use j.HK dart alot.

I use lp dart to cover my landings (just like Mags uses magnetic blast in Marvel), the hitstun nerf not only makes it impossible to convert, but some characters seem to be able to grab her even after she hits with it.

I actually didn't use j.HK dart alot.

I use lp dart to cover my landings (just like Mags uses magnetic blast in Marvel), the hitstun nerf not only makes it impossible to convert, but some characters seem to be able to grab her even after she hits with it.
but here's the mix up.... you can just jump or just use cmd grab. screw conversion. i do JUST fine with these changes.

but here's the mix up.... you can just jump or just use cmd grab. screw conversion. i do JUST fine with these changes.
I still don't like the fact that she feels as if she doesn't have much advantage after it.

I still don't like the fact that she feels as if she doesn't have much advantage after it.
whether you like it or not. the buffs she got to her fireballs and another super is compensation enough. the playstyle is now more centered towards something specfic which is zoning.

Are the combo threads updated to the most recent version? I haven't played in a while. If not can somebody give me a basic bnb to work off plz? Just got my Fukua icon mousepad haha.

So i don't mind nerf to air fireball, i didn't used them as get out free card. But recovery on ground fireball kinda hurts. I liked Fukua for good ground game, and quick fireball was important part of it. But it's ok, it's still good.

I do this basic combo from beginners thread, something like:
clp clp mk hp
jhk
mk hp
jhp jhk
whatever to not trigger ips hp
jmp jhp jhk
whatever cmk chp xx h drill xx super

Or if i feel like it, after jmp jhp jhk i do cmp chp to launcher of slide or otg, or shadow but i have to work on that. I don't do exactly that, i play by feel, but basically it's like: things>launcher>jthings>super, but if you are better player it may be not enough :).

Angle change isn't too bad. The move still does it's primary purpose which is to help cover Fukua going down from the air. It's just a bit more fair now
Umm
It was a buff

Damn you no longer have access to a unchallengeable air move which converts into full combos on hit and safe pressure on block
Really don't like that, huh.

Yeah fireball stuff was broken in the last build. Some people I play seem to be having trouble finding other ways to succeed with her now. I mainly use her for assist/ point zoning. I don't see why she lost H drill into BFF while other characters have bust out into super into full combo.

i have an honest question.

ever since mike normalized all the shadow damage. do you even use H shadow? its a 30 frame overhead that's really telegraphed and doesn't even provide the damage incentive to use. not to mention people like to upback.

I also want to know if people STILL use H drill? its now 20F same as peacock. so i'm wondering on that note.

It has good range and can be used after eg enemy pushblocks
It leads to full combos on hit so I'm not sure what you mean by damage incentive
People use Valentine Command Grab and Bella Kanchou and things

Drill is still better than Bang since it moves you forward, which makes it a lot more reliable as a PBGC and allows you to zoom under jumpins
It's also your only meterless reversal and BFF isn't exactly stellar, so why would you not use it

I don't play the char anymore, just things

It has good range and can be used after eg enemy pushblocks
It leads to full combos on hit so I'm not sure what you mean by damage incentive
People use Valentine Command Grab and Bella Kanchou and things

Drill is still better than Bang since it moves you forward, which makes it a lot more reliable as a PBGC and allows you to zoom under jumpins
It's also your only meterless reversal and BFF isn't exactly stellar, so why would you not use it

I don't play the char anymore, just things
hmm it makes sense to me. i'll think more on this.

Hey everyone. I'm new to fukua and i have been trying some of her beginner combos and i am having an issue involving her launcher.
i am trying to do: s.Hp, j.Hp, J.hk, s.lk, s.Hp
The issue i am experiencing is that when i land from j.Hk i am either too far from my opponent for the lk to connect or i am already blocked and the combo has dropped somewhere.
Is this a timing or spacing issue? What can i do to correct this?

You could just make a big notification that its out of date and unstick it, the compendium should be enough even though it's still a work in progress.

Sometimes I feel like BFF should be a hitgrab.
And that M drill should do something else, like wall bounce, being able to combo into BFF or stagger. It is as useless as fortune's c.mk.

I'm joking about the stagger.

BFF can be blocked already, and AFAIK hitgrabs can be blocked, so unless I was misinformed about the definition of "hitgrab", I'm not sure how that would make a difference.

Hitgrabs break armor since they connect and then grab the opponent out of it. BFF is currently just a hit, meaning it can get armored through.

The downside to hitgrabs vs hits is that they can't connect on assists since assists are throw invulnerable - but BFF already doesn't hit assists (dnno why), so that's not an issue here.