• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fukua's Original Combos

Had some fun with today's fireball beta experiment, and modified my corner combo a bit to use their new damage to make up a bit of the lost shadow damage. I find myself hoping that yoyo stays if only for styling on people.

yo this fukua fire ball is alot like zeldas dins fire in project me 3.5.

I'm not a fukua player so of course i like it right, but the little mini story behind it just made it even better lol

the floating little orb should do non hitstun dame if it touches the opponent kinda like the poison damge from vals syringe.

Reactions: SmashBlade
9.4k beta corner combo. With out bella assist it does 8.7k

Meh, just wanted to use her sweep more often in combos. too bad you can't do c.hk xx L shadow j.hk.

Reactions: Sparties
Nice one frame link on that Fukua firejump cancel into j.hk. How consistently can you get that?
There's a 60% chance I'll land it. I'm sure with enough practice, it shouldn't be too hard to get down consistently.

Reactions: joshb911
Been trying to learn Fukua today, and this was extremely helpful. I'm not one of those guys who's good at recalling character-specific combos on the fly, so having a universal on par with the bella universal I use really made it easy to justify learning a new character.

so heres a new combo might be the highest possible damage off a cr.lk starter with one bar O.O

???

You mean without shadows?
of course even with shadows you can't get past 7.5k I believe. Shadows in combos are boring dawg and they push up the the drama a lot faster too. Also unless you want to go for a cr.lk, cr.mp starter adding shadows to this combo does nothing. The most you can get out of a cr.lk starter it seems is cr.lk,cr.mp,cr.hp,mk shadow into the rest of my combo... yields 7.88 K but you have to hit confirm off of cr.lk

Last edited:
regular shadow bnb still does 7.75k on beta

edit: just noticed my old bnb still does 7.8k in the corner without shadows...

Last edited:
regular shadow bnb still does 7.75k on beta
mine does 7.725k in beta so a 300 damage difference even with the nerfs
wait that's the same damage as in retail...Um new bnb confirmed

mine does 7.725k in beta so a 300 damage difference even with the nerfs
30 dmg difference*

but it's not the highest damage, my corner combo still does 8.1k and I couldn't even get that to work midscreen on filia... (given that I'm running on 30fps and only have a keyboard)

@CaioLugon my highest is 9.7k if you don't use a cr.lk starter and it costs 3 bars. It's shadowless and it's basically the same thing. I'm telling you shadows do not give you more damage unless you use them at the very start and are only viable if you make a really hard read. You can stay with your shadow combos if it works I'm just saying that there are higher damaging combos that do not use shadows :)

8.1k is from a c.lk starter, and shadow combos are in fact the most damaging ones since they're fukua's most damaging moves and only take 20 undizzy.

8.1k is from a c.lk starter, and shadow combos are in fact the most damaging ones since they're fukua's most damaging moves and only take 20 undizzy.
where are these combos? I've tried using cr.lk s.mk as a confirm for several combos and 7.73k is the best I can get. after the first string it diminishes in strength due to the scaling. if 8.1k is in fact the highest cr.lk, s.mk combo I admit defeat o.o

Wait why is cr.mp -2 on block.......... I admit defeat I will be right back!

c.lk, s.mk, s.hk xx otg H Forever a Clone,
s.hp,
j.hp, j.hk,
c.mp, s.hk(c.hp on heavies) xx M Forever a Clone,
jump, j.lk, j.hp, j.hk,
s.lkx2, c.mk, s.hk xx H Platonic Drillationship xx The Drill of My Dreams.

that was done on retail but on beta does 8.1k.

also you can get more damage with s.hk xx M shadow in the second chain (@TheGamaniac's combo) but I find that a little impractical.

proving me wrong
yeah nothing I do can top this combo. I tried putting in a s.hk in the first chain nothing. I tried cr.lp as a starter doesn't hit low. tried a firejump cancel drama to high. Yeah no this is the highest damaging corner combo it's also really hard to do consistently given the long pauses throughout the combo. But yeah I'M WRONG!!!!!

I think I did something like this before... ?
K, managed to do versions of this combo that works on Eliza, Squigly, Fortune and PW. They deal 8.4k on retail and 8.1k on beta. Works on everyone that it worked before, so yeah. Lights/midweights.
Also managed to do a better version for BB. 8.1k on beta, 8.2k on retail.
None of those are counterhit and all have c.lk as starter. There is no version for Double (yet).

Can anybody tell me the max damage Fukua can get off of her command grabs?

Wait this 7104k off a command grab how on earth did you get that? Is this a solo Fukua thing or did you use an assist also was this mid screen or corner specific? Lastly what grab was used to obtain this result? I'm not trying to be provacitive I'm just interested :^)

Can you use H drill, into shinku for the conversion since scaling is not an issue at this point and I think Shinku does more damage then BFF.
HOWEVER
I could be wrong so don't quote me....

no no no. I mean for the conversion off of throw. H.drill I think conserves the OTG and the shinku right off the back knocks them to the corner so depending on how close you are to the corner I believe you can OTG off the shinku.

OH WAIT THIS IS OFF OF ARMOR GRAB IGNORE EVERYTHING I SAID

you can do some more damage if you're cornering, changing the c.hp for s.hk on the last chain.

Reactions: Cadenza
So in my isolation I have brought this world a new bnb (now with like 10 reset points and 8 burst bait opportunities):
cr.lk, cr.mp, cr.hp, hk shadow, s.mk, s.hp, j.lp, j.mk, j.hk, cr.mp, cr.hp, mk shadow, j.lk, j.hk, s.lp(2), cr.mk, cr.hp, h drill, drill to heavens.
Absolutely do not use this combo for damage or consider using this to kill cause it's not worth it.

why
because you can air grab out of j.lp, you can crossup with a delayed j.hk, you can firejump grab out of this, you can fast fall out of this, and you can do some cool firejump crossups out of j.mk that you can't do with j.hk because your to low to the ground and for many characters they can mash out on the ground. This is not for damage it's for resets and for reducing the meter obtained by the opponent. But trust me when I say that it has a purpose. Also the bait potential of this combo is stupid.

like I said it's not for damage. It's to incorporate what makes resets good: Consistent, sneaky, multiple options, and rewarding. It also adds more bait points then the current optimized bnb does. I plan on exploring this combo further to see what I can squeeze out of it.