• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Gaming General Discusison

Odin Sphere was one of my favorite games of all time, mostly for the art, atmosphere and story. Looking forward to playing Odin Sphere: Actually Fun Gameplay Edition. Might even order the Storybook Version.

One thing I liked about Odin Sphere's gameplay though was that, oustide of the occaisional cheap bullshit, it was mostly a pretty engagingly challenging game. I hope they have a setting or some later elements that manage to put the hurt on. Should be much more fun with a more flexible combat engine.

The only boss rush that I ever liked was TBoI's

The one at the end of Contra 3 is high art.

Last edited:
Oh my fuck I just realized there's gonna be trophies.
We might actually have to get the bad ending versions of each fucking Ragnarok cutscene for real this time.
Not fun.

http://shmuplations.com/megaman/

Neat interview posted today with one of the core designers for Mega Man 1-2. Says a lot of interesting stuff about how the levels, enemies, and bosses were designed. As well as some thoughts on the series aesthetic and thematic elements. Probably one of the most interesting interviews I've read on the franchise.

Last edited:
Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
Jet Set Radio is free on steam atm.

Work in progress player sprite from my shooty game, by my sprite artist friend. He's still working on the pallet, light source, wings, anatomy, torso, etc. etc.
hKcbeAH.png

You're a divine blue dragon. You fight space demons. On the Moon.

For comparison, an older version of the same WIP sprite, with an animation test (may play at wrong speed on some browsers)

O6j2MiC.gif

He calls this one "the fatty".

*edit*

Oh, uhhh, I just remembered why I was gonna make this post in the beginning. Are there any peeps here who are somewhat experienced in creative writing (fan fiction, or anything really)? Gimme a pm. Scouting out people for a certain game dev project (that comes after this one).

Last edited:
Reactions: KaboomKid
My ass. I'm not giving them my email after hearing what some companies do with them, and I wouldn't like Sega to be one of them.

Reactions: Vadsamoht
they probably wanted to do the email thing because TONS of people were tweeting about the free games the first time.

I'm not saying "do it", just giving relevant information, I didn't do it for the same reasons.

I think you have to agree to something before they can put you on a mailing list nowadays.
I did it but if I need to look for something in my emails I just search for specific key words.
if you don't want to give them your email than I don't blame you.

So with the release of the third Zero Escape (999, VLR) coming this year Aksys is hosting a real life room escape event in LA this spring.
http://realescapegame.com/zero_la/

Still no information on how much tickets will cost or how many players in a group will be going in but it's a 60minute challenge and I wish I lived closer to California to make that trip.

This is one place I would not expect Conker to be. Lots of people are ripping on it for neutering Conker to an E rating character and calling the design ugly. Thoughts?

That is fake hopefully
this is unfinished
tell me there is still years of work left on that model

Ironic thing that apparently most people don't know is that Conker originally WAS an E game character, just the M game is the one that thrust him into stardom

The reason they made him M rated was because of the backlash of him being yet another cutesy character.
Turning him actually E after all this time feels like a bizarre prophecy that should've never been fulfillde

I hope Final localization gets confirmed.

a release date for Dragon Quest VII would be just peachy

and
from the bottom of our hearts
please don't bring GIR#FE anywhere near the west

and
It's gonna happen
Sorry.
Seriously though I'm excited
We should at least get Star Fox Zero news
Watch it get delayed again

As long as we also get Final, I don't care.

and

I disagree: as long as yhey don't butcher the localization, bring anything overseas and anyone who wants to play it will buy it and do so

i'm sure the three people that will buy will play it but that's not a sound business decision on many fronts

Reactions: Squire Grooktook
I know it's unrelated to Nintendo, but can I just say that I always thought the Deadpool game was incredibly underwhelming? Is that an abnormal opinion?

I know it's unrelated to Nintendo, but can I just say that I always thought the Deadpool game was incredibly underwhelming? Is that an abnormal opinion?
Sounds normal to me. I really like the Deadpool game, but it seems most people weren't very impressed by it. Then again, I don't really play a lot of shooters, so "short, average-ish shooter with decent melee" was really cool for me.

"Your summer is now complete."

Man I loved the look of that new Paper Mario game guys
that partner they showed looked so swell

Anyone find it amusing when the guy said he can't wait to play SNES games on his 3DS XL when he just announced they won't work on it?

"Your summer is now complete."
mine is anyway.
I'm actually interested in it.
and I don't mind the lack of a dub.
considering how much music is in the game, translating all of it where characters are singing would probably not make it come out that well.

and the game has amazing music.

I do think the reactions of people over SMT 4 Final not getting localized with this are overreacting considering SMT4 Final isn't even out in Japan yet.

yeah they're probably not trying to avoid spending any money in order to maybe break even on a huge flop

and I don't mind the lack of a dub.
If I were interested in the game I would be encouraged by the lack of a dub.

I do think the reactions of people over SMT 4 Final not getting localized with this are overreacting considering SMT4 Final isn't even out in Japan yet.
It's been out for a while... burned through like 3/4 of its shipment on release.

DLC is out as well.
2D_charIDB104_02.cmp.stex.png
2D_charIDB103_04.cmp.stex.png
2D_charIDB108_04.cmp.stex.png
2D_charIDB107_01.cmp.stex.png
2D_charIDB106_09.cmp.stex.png
2D_charIDB105_01.cmp.stex.png

The Mother 3 dream is dead.
They announced Earthbound for 3DS, I wouldn't say the dream is any deader now than it was before.

I'm still gonna buy it.
It's been out for a while... burned through like 3/4 of its shipment on release.
well, it took almost 3 months to get an announcement of localization for TMS, so I assume it will be a little while for localization announcements to come for SMT4 Final.