• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Gaming General Discusison

I do sprite work as a hobby or on request from my friends or acquaintances.
Oh cool. Do you think you could pm me a link to some of your work? I'd love to work with you sometime, to have more hands on deck, so to speak, or even help with any of your own projects: The more the merrier.

Slightly on topic, but I've always wondered if the concept of the "Doujin Circle", and the more free interaction between different circles is why smalltime jp indie games often tend to look so much nicer then western ones. Since it seems there are more competant artists floating around interested in small time game development then I initially thought.

I'm no expert on the way the JP indie scene actually works though so I dunno lol.

Last edited:
tumblr_o54j0hdM9F1rn26jfo6_500.gif

Where were you when Nioh became GOTY

Reactions: Jutsei
What even is Nioh? I'd look it up, but my phone is bugging out and Im limited on what I can look up atm D:

What even is Nioh? I'd look it up, but my phone is bugging out and Im limited on what I can look up atm D:
Google said:
Nioh is an upcoming historical action role-playing video game being developed by Team Ninja, to be published by Koei Tecmo for the PlayStation 4. Wikipedia

Reactions: Jutsei
It's basically Dark Souls if it was in Japan and Yokai existed and that ain't a fucking bad thing at all.
That's an itch I've been wanting and was unlike to have been scratched for a while.
FROM is done w/ Dark Souls and who the fuck knows what they're doing after Dark Souls 3, so this is the next best thing

plus you get lightning shibe
it's basically better than Souls at this point

Personally, I'd like to see a sci-fi Dark Souls with a world/aesthetic influenced by either Blame!* or H.R Giger. Or both.

VDr5vix.jpg

1490e35d86a2380e88573bc528e342db.jpg

d3d8070b05eebcecc8965c87408d9f9f.jpg

cmon From, we know you love this sort of thing.

Last edited:
I wanna see a Souls-like about Wrestling

let me fight Vince McManus

Id just like a light hearted souls game. Just like a generic fairy tale slay the Dragon with some twist that makes you take down your actually evil long at the end or something. Something simple where they can just throw more general fantasy designs instead of all these grim and twisted creatures. I wanna beat up woodland pixies that come at me with wood axes! :3

Souls' gameplay does not lend itself to light hearted romp

I know some really cutesie games that are absolutely balls hard, moreso then DS.

I mean itd be more Monster Hunter levels of dark with dark souls gameplay...doesnt sound so impossible to me.

I'm totally on board with Giger Souls.

Id just like a light hearted souls game. Just like a generic fairy tale slay the Dragon with some twist that makes you take down your actually evil long at the end or something. Something simple where they can just throw more general fantasy designs instead of all these grim and twisted creatures. I wanna beat up woodland pixies that come at me with wood axes! :3

Yes, preferrably as the most metal character in existence rampaging through fairy tales.

But in all seriousness, as long as it's Dark Souls but with customizeable weapons/ armor pieces and more choice to how you want to play from beginning to end, I'm on board.

OT: God damn, really feel like getting back to Rock Band 2 again, mostly because I've always wanted to do drums, and I've always liked its song list compared to 3. But then again, I've never really looked into 3 outside of a few songs.

Last edited:
Nioh demo is out on EU/AUS PSN, will be out for everyone else tomorrow.

Interesting thing of note, having just turned it on, the first option in the menu is choosing if you prioritize resolution or framerate, neat.

Huh, it has bloodstains like Souls except you can fight the person's corpse?

Last edited:
Nioh demo is out on EU/AUS PSN, will be out for everyone else tomorrow.

Interesting thing of note, having just turned it on, the first option in the menu is choosing if you prioritize resolution or framerate, neat.

Huh, it has bloodstains like Souls except you can fight the person's corpse?
It's basically Oni Souls + Onimusha and it's awesome for that concept alone
I just wonder if there are notes, summon signs, and all that other good stuff.
BUt then again it's an Alpha...

I just wonder if there are notes, summon signs, and all that other good stuff.
You summon at the shrines which are the bonfire equivalent, it costs a certain resource.

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/nioh_us
Survey.

Also, changing stances during combat is a much better idea than you think it is, they're meant to be situational, except the high stance for the axe since that is just spin to win.

Really, the only change I'd want for Ni-Oh is being a tiny bit less strict about the HP.
You can only take a few hits in Dark Souls, yes, but there are hardly ever any enemies that straight up one-shot kill you

The only way I've ever gotten one shot is being hit from behind by an axe.

By the way, haven't tested this on everything, but in low stance with the katana you can get a perfect ki surge by dodging which is obviously super useful.

So yesterday, Nintendo confirmed that in March 2017 we'll be getting the Nintendo NX, only giving us a 4 and a half year lifetime for the Wii U.
Even though the Wii U will continue to be produced, and have some games, the NX will be the focus.
I'm honestly not sure how to feel, Nintendos already in a rough spot due to the tragic loss of Iwata, and they're already hopping into a new console?
I mean, granted it'll be stronger and maybe it'll be a regular console for once but...

Also only Legend of Zelda at Nintendo Direct this year, no NX. This is troubling.

They're probably gonna give the NX it's own solitary reveal after E3 so that they can get the Wii U's last hurrah out of the way and then reveal the NX in own Direct a month or two after E3 is over.

that's my take anyways

it'd lend itself well to having "YOU TRIED" as the death message though
This needs to be a mod

I'm probably not gonna get the NX until probably 2-3 years after it's out.
Nintendo hasn't had the best starting line-up for their launches and I'd rather have stuff to play when I get it.

If it has retrocompatibility with WiiU titles and some digital GC ones on the E-shop I could seriously buy it, granted we'll know the starting lineup and the specs when they'll reveal it, and we know nothing for now.

I heard good things about the pro controller so it better have it when it launches.

I am honestly interested in buying an NX but I hope to fucking god that it will have actual buttons.
I hope what ever small amounts of info I've come across are wrong because NO FUCKING BUTTONS WHY
no controller buttons = no purchase

Also Zelda U is getting Twilight Princess'd, it'll be a NX launch title. I'm hearing rumors that Nintendo had a bunch more Wii U projects that are all getting pushed back to be released on NX instead, hence the drought and nothing at E3.

I guess they're cutting their losses on the Wii U and trying to go all in on NX so it won't bomb too, but this kinda sucks for those of us who did buy a Wii U. And I really don't understand why they won't just show the NX at E3.

To be fair, when we got good games on Wii U, they were really good.
The reports all but say that Splatoon sold a fuck ton of Wii Us and might've helped Nintendo recoup their Wii U losses

Anyone else get the DLC for beating the Ni-oh demo yet?

Also, it turns out you have an unarmed parry and it's fucking awesome.

Last edited: