• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Gaming General Discusison

For those few of us who like Gehenna Happy Teeth Land, Scorn on Greenlight looks interesting. Lots of HR Giger stuff.

Reactions: Receita Federal
Bioshock Collection was finally formally announced, comes with Bioshock 1, 2, and Infinite.
And naturally, comes with every single piece of DLC
Check out this absolutely stunning cover though, damn. I'd get this even though I already own all the games (but none of the DLC)
81pSPVgId4L._SL1500_.jpg
Also comes with Kevin Levine commentary

Reactions: The Dave
>No version will ever come with Bioshock 2 NG+

Eh, I'll stick to URE since I don't like Infinite too much

Welp, I feel like this needs to be posted here.

I hate gambling advertising among most things, and to top it off this is shady scammery and deception.

Oh, did you buy a thing?

I have most of the old consoles, with the exception of stuff like Turbo Grafx/Saturn etc.

Genesis is a great system though.

I didn't even know the Genesis had 80 games, let alone 80 worth playing :y

^^^I'm not good with numbers, but sturgeon's law accounted for, you'd be hard pressed to find a console with 80 games one considers good.

I don't have as many genesis titles as snes, but I do have a fairly long list of games on the console I like a lot.

Some personal recommendations, off the top of my head:

Phantasy Star 1
Phantasy Star 2
Phantasy Star 4
Elemental Master
Rocket Knight Adventures
Contra: Hardcorps
Castlevania: Bloodlines
Troubleshooters 2/Battle Mania daiginjou
Alien Soldier
Shinobi
Shadow Dancer
Shinobi 3
Twinkle Tale
Undeadline
Splatterhouse 3
Alisia Dragoon
MUSHA
Comix Zone
Monster World IV
Gunstar Heroes
Thunderforce 3
Thunderforce 4
Eliminate Down
Herzog Zwei
Forgotten Worlds (not as good as the almighty arcade edition, but still great)
Ghouls and Ghosts (ditto, though much more accurate, almost perfectly)

some of these are super expensive to get in the flesh (or jp only), so I recommend giving them a shot on emulators if you're getting into the console. You could get repro carts though, which are all fine and dandy.

There are some other classics which I haven't played yet so can't recommend in good conscience (Growlanser, Ghostbusters, Ristar, that one srpg in the Shining series, etc.) but yeah, lots of good stuff on that console to dig into. I also have a few guilty pleasures which are kind of questionable games, but that I enjoy none the less like Mamono Hunter Yoko, Arcus Odyssey, Granada, Jewel Master, etc. which may also be worth a look.

Last edited:
Reactions: KaboomKid
I recently came across this little gem after an auction hellstorm.

secret-of-mana-2.png

Still sealed too, which I'm glad, since I played the translated rom version.

Ah right, I forgot that Final Fantasy Adventure was actually the first Mana game. Nice find :3

Ah right, I forgot that Final Fantasy Adventure was actually the first Mana game. Nice find :3

Thanks. This game needs to be played by more people.

I'll have to give it a try then. I'm actually a
Mana virgin.

Make sure for Mana 2 you play the translated version.

Don't worry it will be gentle on your first time through, then it gets rough with you on the next playthroughs, then you can relax after a hard time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Squire Grooktook
I suggest here to go and play INSIDE. From the creators of the game Limbo.
Great game and near the ending woth the money I paid.

Now streaming Doom 2016 on Nightmare with mostly a pistol. Check it out! twitch.tv/bachelordgaming

Holy crap that's perfect. I just best PxZ2 again and was looking into the Yakuza games. Lucked out for once in my life lol

Another Metroid 2 Remake got a DMCA takedown unfortunately.

that is some weird music to have for a trailer involving the most rightfully hated villain of Japanese media.

People love Dio. Griffith is hated.

nobody hates Dio because Dio is such an entertaining villain.
fuck Griffith.
fuck Griffith to death.
Griffith deserves to be hated.
if somebody walked up to me on the street and said "I think Griffith is just misunderstood" I'd drop kick them into oncoming traffic.

Does he have a rape special?

When's playable Skull Knight?

He was in a scan preview. He'll be playable.

Nioh beta is out in Australia.

Anyone else here think Bionic Commando 2009 was a fun game? I've always enjoyed it but I've heard a lot of hate for it, which I could understand for the weird story and re-designs, but the gameplay itself I always thought was great.

I've never actually heard much bad about it tbh, despite the somewhat awkward reputation it has due to some poor launch-day reviews. Never played though.

Huh. Didn't expect Adult Swim Games to be the publisher for the new ToeJam & Earl, but I'm certainly not complaining!

Speaking of recent announcements, DoDonPachi Resurrection is headed to Steam next Thursday soon, courtesy of Degica Games. If you don't know what that is, DoDonPachi Resurrection (known by fans as DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu, or DDP DFK for short) is a vertically scrolling bullet hell shoot em up known for frenetic action, ridiculous true final bosses, and many, MANY different versions with various alterations and twists that massively change the gameplay. 8 of those modes have been compiled into the Steam version, ranging from the classic version 1.5 to the punishing Black Label to crossovers with other Cave games to throwbacks to previous DoDonPachi games.

Here's the trailer from the website:

EDIT: It's not actually coming on the 8th. Degica is holding an international beta test in order to make sure the port turns out well, and with that kind of release date, no feedback would be able to get to Degica and CAVE in time.

Last edited: