• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

General BnB Compendium

@CaioLugon

I feel this thread would be more useful and get more exposure in the beginner section since these seem to be good starting/beginner combos with the cast. What about you?

I don't think this is anywhere close to beginner level.
What would be an example beginner combo in your opinion?

I don't think these are very beginner friendly either(1~3 chain combos are imo), what I wanted was to have something to show people when they are still learning but want to make the best out of their combos. That was actually the reason I started to get serious about fighting games, I looked online trying to optimize my combos on marvel and ended up getting involved with the community.

However, most of these combos aren't really hard, I honestly believe that anyone willing to put a bit of effort can gain a lot from this thread.

A friend of mine nailed 70% of Fukua's corner combo in 2 hours. For a player that only recently bought a xbox pad and never put effort into fighting games, he's doing pretty well.
It's not hard to learn combos.

I used to do with para
c.lk c.mk c.hp
j.mp j.hp j.hk
s.lp(x2) s.mk(x2) s.hp(x2) xx H napalm shot

Also, Caio, it's hard to navigate on the OP. Organize each character under spoilers tags.

[Parasoul:]
c.LK c.MK c.HP
- j.LP j.LK j.MP
Honestly, I think that it's better for a beginner to go with some really easy 5K full combo.

Especially for Parasoul, since such a thing ends with a crumple burst bait. Forced oki is better than a reset if you've only got one reset point.

[Parasoul:]
c.LK c.MK c.HP
- j.LP j.LK j.MP
Please tell me you're kidding.
I don't think these are very beginner friendly either(1~3 chain combos are imo), what I wanted was to have something to show people when they are still learning but want to make the best out of their combos. That was actually the reason I started to get serious about fighting games, I looked online trying to optimize my combos on marvel and ended up getting involved with the community.

However, most of these combos aren't really hard, I honestly believe that anyone willing to put a bit of effort can gain a lot from this thread.
I think a beginner BnB should maximize Undizzy or IPS and be as universal as possible. It should contain specials, notable normals and air dash cancels to teach a beginner about the when/where/why they would use that move. This would put them in the right direction and showing them things that might've not been immediately apparent.

I'm not saying shove everything the character has into the beginner combo because they would probably be impractical.

If they are on this site and in the gameplay areas looking to get better at playing, they deserve more than a bogus Ground Chain > Air Chain > Restand/OTG Ground Chain > Super that they could've figured out themselves. Let's not think so lowly of the beginner. If the reader needs to make it shorter, they could easily just chop the combo after a certain part themselves.

Last edited:
A friend of mine nailed 70% of Fukua's corner combo in 2 hours. For a player that only recently bought a xbox pad and never put effort into fighting games, he's doing pretty well.
It's not hard to learn combos.

Fukua combos are really easy. Her moves have enough hit stun that even in actual gameplay, it's pretty easy to do full combos.

Fukua combos are really easy. Her moves have enough hit stun that even in actual gameplay, it's pretty easy to do full combos.
The corner combo in this thread is a bit hard though, that link fom j.hk to c.mp can be pretty tight.

I think a beginner BnB should maximize Undizzy or IPS and be as universal as possible. It should contain specials, notable normals and air dash cancels to teach a beginner about the when/where/why they would use that move. This would put them in the right direction and showing them things that might've not been immediately apparent.
If that's the case then this thread should be fine.

If they are on this site and in the gameplay areas looking to get better at playing, they deserve more than a bogus Ground Chain > Air Chain > Restand/OTG Ground Chain > Super that they could've figured out themselves. Let's not think so lowly of the beginner. If the reader needs to make it shorter, they could easily just chop the combo after a certain part themselves.
We know this is mostly not true from all the threads that we see popping up in the beginner forum, most people are not really willing to learn but then again, anyone can learn combos, you just have to be able to put in time.

Is it? I always thought it was pretty generous. #squiglycomboproblems.

Also, Caio, it's hard to navigate on the OP. Organize each character under spoilers tags.
Just did that.

Not sure if I like it though. Might switch it back.

Please tell me you're kidding.

He most certainly isnt. This is one of the places where i disagree with him about. I'm more like you. I believe that f a beginner can do a chain (they can) then they can do 2 chains or 3 chains or 4 chains... Etc etc etc.

Chains themselves are beginner combos to me. And no amount of makes it more than that to me.

What makes combos hard imho is hard links first and foremost. After that its tough special move inputs like varying rekka inputs or canceling specials into specials and airdash cancels. After that its memorization of varying chains that have differing timings and amounts of inputs.

Ive known many people that dont play fighting games that can make it past 3 simple chains in less than an hour of practice.

Depends on your conception of beginner. For me, a beginner can be either someone who just started or someone who drop combos a lot, don't do resets and don't have good spacing or defense.

I don't think this thread shouldn't be on the Beginners forum because some of these BnB's are hard to perform. I think it shouldn't because a beginner shouldn't be learning them yet. There are things much more important for them to learn before jumping into really damaging combos, like defense, spacing, punishes, etc...

Depends on your conception of beginner. For me, a beginner can be either someone who just started or someone who drop combos a lot, don't do resets and don't have good spacing or defense.

I don't think this thread shouldn't be on the Beginners forum because some of these BnB's are hard to perform. I think it shouldn't because a beginner shouldn't be learning them yet. There are things much more important for them to learn before jumping into really damaging combos, like defense, spacing, punishes, etc...
When I think "beginner" I'm thinking of a casual player who's not really willing to put effort in the game, and I think learning big damaging combos can be a great motivator to get actually good and break that "casual" barrier, if someone tries to learn proper neutral before combos in this game I would say it's easier that they'll end up getting frustrated.

i agree there are more important things than combos for beginners but this is literally a discussion on combos for beginners not what to teach first.

When I think "beginner" I'm thinking of a casual player who's not really willing to put effort in the game, and I think learning big damaging combos can be a great motivator to get actually good and break that "casual" barrier, if someone tries to learn proper neutral before combos in this game I would say it's easier that they'll end up getting frustrated.
I was think more along of the lines of "New to Skullgirls", less so new to fighting games.
And they are asking and researching because they want to learn to play against people, not just beat story mode.

but combos are punishes

Yeah, but when I said that, I was thinking more on learning what moves can/can't be punished and at what distance something can be punished (whiff punishes).
i agree there are more important things than combos for beginners but this is literally a discussion on combos for beginners not what to teach first.

I feel that if this thread ends up in the beginner forum that would be basically we saying that BnB's are one of the first things that a beginner should learn in the game. At least that's what I think.

Last edited:
beginner combo (AKA combos that i do, because i dont have patience to learn new things) for me is the last line of the BnB from first post in this thread.

something>something>something xx special xx blockbuster

this is not bad... i might switch up team a little... to learn combo's also i think it's very hard to combo with peacock IMO... (then again she's a Zone fighter)

So does Eliza ever gets updated to this thread sense she's right around the corner ?

Wrong Alex, but the BnB I use for Eliza, meterless, is
c.lk, c.mp, c.hp x2 xx mk servant
dash forward
c.hk xx mp upper khat x2
j.mp, adc
j.lk, j.mp, j.hp
s.lp x3, c.mk x2, s.hp x2 xx lk spiral
s.lk, c.mk x2, s.hp x2 xx hk spiral

The link after the lk spiral is a bit tricky, but pretty doable. I haven't found a corner combo that doesn't use sekhmet that I like yet

Reactions: CaioLugon
Wrong Alex, but the BnB I use for Eliza, meterless, is
c.lk, c.mp, c.hp x2 xx mk servant
dash forward
c.hk xx mp upper khat x2
j.mp, adc
j.lk, j.mp, j.hp
s.lp x3, c.mk x2, s.hp x2 xx lk spiral
s.lk, c.mk x2, s.hp x2 xx hk spiral

The link after the lk spiral is a bit tricky, but pretty doable. I haven't found a corner combo that doesn't use sekhmet that I like yet
For some reason I've found that holding forward after the lk spiral helps me with the link. I dunno why, I THINK it's because you can see Eliza start her forward walk animation for a split second and that lets you know when you can do the link.

It also could be all in my head lol. All I know is i hit the link 100% if i hold forward and 50% if i don't

Added Eliza (still not 100% sure about the combos tho).

Videos are uploading.

@Vadsamoht, is there a way to make that specific post go over the limit of 25 embedded videos?

@Vadsamoht, is there a way to make that specific post go over the limit of 25 embedded videos?
Do you have an estimate of how many you'll be putting in the post?

Do you have an estimate of how many you'll be putting in the post?
Aside from the current 28 it'll probably be two more for beowulf and two more for robo-fortune, but maybe more depending on their combo paths.

In the Eliza combo
c.lk, c.mk, c.hp xx Dive of Horace,
dash, c.hk xx H Upper Khat,
j.mp, j.hp, adc, j.lk, j.mp, j.hp,
c.mk, s.hpx2 xx L Osiris Spiral,
s.lk, c.mk, s.hpx2 xx H Osiris Spiral xx Lady of Slaughter.
How the hell are you making the dash, c.hk xx H Shoryu work? When I try this, either the Shoryu comes out the wrong way, or the training dummy goes right through it.

In the Eliza combo

How the hell are you making the dash, c.hk xx H Shoryu work? When I try this, either the Shoryu comes out the wrong way, or the training dummy goes right through it.
It's an OTG.

and I should have mentioned that, I'm sorry.

^I've been grinding that combo about an hour per day and managed to nail that bit somewhat consistently. I'd say the trick is in delaying; as you can see in the video, the dash is initiated well after Horace touches the ground and it covers distance so that you hit with c.HK right at point blank.
EDIT: Alpaca'd. Disregard. (.__.)

Personally, what I find the hardest about it are the post adc string that should end in a restand when done properly (something I cannot get consistently; there should be a short delay to hit j.LK after adc'ing but one split second too long and you can't hit j.HP before landing) and staying close to the opponent for the last two chains; on this last note, I've swapped s.LK for s.LP.

If you do s.hp(x2) xx M summon it deals the same damage and it's easier to pick up, since the enemy doesn't pierce the heaven after the summon.

Hey @worldjem can you link this in the beginner thread? Or let whoever the author is to put this there? REALLY useful.

You mean the beginner resources thread?

I still don't think beginners should bother at all with the combos listed here
Don't see why not. Beginner doesn't necessarily mean new to fighting games. This is good to know for people getting into the game too.

Reactions: Dime