• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

I'm sure they wanna say "we don't care" but they couldn't say it outright for PR reasons, so they felt a joke would suffice.

they sound to me like they're a fan of Classic Game Room.
and I think the joke is pretty funny TBH.
It's more the other posts, not the Atari joke.
"No joke, I have a mashed potato/bacon/egg pizza sitting in the fridge. Get on my level."
"When Timmy's mom gets offended when she sees bewb on some game cover at Gamestop and sues us..."
I have a hard time believing this comes from an actual company.

it is the official twitter, odd I know, but they have posted that games are coming to PC like Battle Fantasia and yah

seems Arc is a fan of "you can't have your cake and eat it too"

Ogawa doesn't give a fuck.

CKSpMRoVEAQcf7U.jpg

That was perfect, the commentator's reactions were hilarious.
Makes me wish I watched the rest of EVO other then the SG side tourney.

Guilty Gear was on ESPN. We made it.

I now regret not watching Xrd.

I now regret not watching Xrd.

Im on the same boat.

It's even worse since the last tournament I watched was the CvS2 and holy shit that was really fucking boring 2 hours.

It made me think CvS2 is overrated and is boring to play.

It made me think CvS2 is overrated and is boring to play.
CvS2 is a ton of fun, but yeah that tournament was excruciatingly dull.

heheheh. Well that's actually pretty faithful. I was worried they would have something completely stupid and ignorant, but they seemed to have a handle on what they were looking at pretty well. I always find it silly when gaming is in the news and the people reporting on it screw up pretty much everything about the game they're talking about.

For Elphelt players.

why am I completely unsurprised that the punish is hitting f.S after block

why am I completely unsurprised that the punish is hitting f.S after block

aka one of the best normals of all time ever?

Elphelt f.S or 3s chun back fierce?

I think I'm going to pick up Millia. I'm not feeling Bedman anymore.

I think you should just pick up +R.

I should definitely also do that.

I need ppl to show me how to not suck at GG at some point :/ My cruddy Testament can only get me so far! D:

I think I'm going to pick up Millia. I'm not feeling Bedman anymore.

I've been looking at Ram or Zato. I too am not feeling Bedman anymore.

I'll probably still play Bedman, as a sub, but he's just a pain in the ass to use.

You cam also try Ky. He's probably gonna be my main until real Guilty Gear main gets brought in.

I've yet to touch Xrd, but che characters that interest me are: Sol, I-no, sin, ramlethal, and leo. Jack-o could be cool, but I need to see more.

I'll continue to hoppe for Bridget. He was my favorite to play in AC+

Another loketest tomorrow. I'll be doing my usual thing. For those that care, Slayer has a new voice actor. Not sure if it's only for story mode or if they'll also be re-dubbing the in-battle voice work.

Also here's fanart of the Woshige moment.
CLFXaqSUcAAqlOl.png

it's still a shame that something like that happened.
but, in the words of Forrest Gump.
It happens.

I lied about it starting tomorrow. It starts right now.

Revelator Loketest 3 Master Post

System Changes

• UNCONFIRMED Proximity OS removed.
  • You get rejected if you're too close when a projectile is blitzed. Low blitz doesn't reject mids, same as the last loketest.
  • Revelator has a new feature: "Quests", complete a randomly selected quest to receive a reward. There are daily, weekly and monthly quests. If you don't think you can clear the quest, you can skip it. There are tutorial quests to ease people into using the feature.
  • Revelator also has Twitter integration. Send automatic tweets of when you started playing and how many consecutive wins you achieved.
  • You can buy the mirror match-only character color now.
  • Burst Overdrives: If you replace the button input with D for some supers, you get a stronger version. Takes 50 meter. Completely consumes burst, but on hit, you get back a fixed amount of burst gauge.
  • Colors 1-6 are default, there are 10 DLC colors on player's guild, and color 17 is unlocked by clearing episode mode. (color 17 is the ps+/ps4 color).
  • Change to horizontal dust: in the previous loketest, after a few hits the opponent would float, but now you get a knockdown instead.
  • Blitz followup full charge takes away a little of the opponent's burst gauge.
  • Crouching blitz doesn't reject projectiles, same as last loketest.

Jack-O'

• New move names.
    • Dust Attack (5D)
    • Remove the Chain of Chiron (j.5D)
    • Elysion Driver (6D | Air OK)
    • Hunger of Dopros (4D | Air OK)
    • Zest (2D | Air OK)
    • Set a Ghost (22P/K/S)
    • Pick up a Ghost (2P Near a Ghost)
      • Set (2P/K/S)
      • Put Away (4P/K/S)
      • Throw (5P/K/S)
    • Organ Deployment (22HS)
      • Retrive All Ghosts (P)
      • Clock Up (K)
      • Explosion (S
      • Aegis Field (HS)
      • Cancel (D)
    • Calvados (214+S OR D | Air OK)
    • Forever Elysion Driver (360 + P | Air OK)
  • Servants disappear after 12 seconds but the Ghosts do not (the bags you setup).
    • "I said that Jack-O's servants disappear after 12 seconds, but more concretely, Knights and Lancers disappear after about 6 attacks if they're not hit by anything, and I haven't done research on Magicians yet Organ>Clock Up increases servant speed and the servants attack about 13 times before disappearing."
  • Jack-O has a stage. Blue skies and the sea on one side and a mysterious stone statue, it's a stage that looks very refreshing.
  • Ghost level up rate slower.
  • CH 6P makes opponent roll (not sure if i'm right about this one).
  • D moves meter cost might have gone up.
  • The characters that she can land 2 j.2Ds after a super on are unchanged but the damage is lower, went from 70% to 50%.
  • 2K>c.S>3HS, 3HS is Jack-O's sweep, so you get a knockdown this way. In regards to the motion, it looks like May's 3K. 3HS cannot be cancelled, but it low profiles and is rather safe, so it's a dependable poke.
  • 2K>c.S>5HS>4D. You can land a 4D hit grab to end the combo from 5HS. After the hit grab, you can send the opponent flying in any 8 directions, so please try out different options. 5HS is a handstand capoeira kick with low invul.
  • 2K>c.S>2HS->cancel into ghost set. You get a knockdown cancelling c.S into 2HS. By cancelling and setting a pumpkin, you can do okizeme with a servant. You can set two pumpkins and still get okizeme. You could also do 2HS>4D to get distance.
  • 2K>c,S>6P>6HS>IAD j.P>j.S>j.4D. Character dependent midscreen, but seems universal near the corner. 6P floats the opponent so 6HS can connect. 6P is also an antiair so it's good to remember this.
  • 2K>c.S>Calvados. Volleyball super has fast start up, so it can combo from c.S (forgive me if I'm wrong) but it can be stopped before startup, so doesn't seem to have invul.
  • Poke with f.S or 3HS, Set ghosts when there is time. 6P or 2S are antiairs. If the opponent is getting close and you're in trouble, use 2D, which has invul. Her jump-ins are weak, but j.2D is an anti-antiair and ground bounces, so you can use it. j.S and j.HS can crossup.
  • After setting pumpkins, use Organ~K to strengthen servants. Attack speed goes up and level up speed increases as well(?), so use this first. Organ~H gives projectile invul, so if the opponent is using projectiles, set this and then dash in.
  • Organ~S explodes all pumpkins and servants. Jack-O also can be hit so be careful when you use it. Organ~P retrieves and restores all pumpkins, so Organ~s>Organ~P makes only the servants, which are chasing the opponent, explode, or you can just retrieve the pumpkins as well.
  • 2P picks up pumpkins, and you can throw them. You can use PKS to interact with a pumpkin you're holding, but I don't know the difference. Pumpkins you're holding do not level up, but levelling up takes about 14 counts so it's ok to ignore that.
  • Jack-O's 6K is an overhead, but even if the opponent is crouching, it can't combo. If the opponent is surrounded by servants then a servant might attack after you hit them with 6K and you can combo from that.
  • 360P is a super command throw with invul. It can combo from things like 5HS, but churning while blocking the opponent's move then mashing out with the invul is fun. You can rotate clockwise or counter clockwise.
  • Jack-O: 6D is a slow startup command grab, with considerable damage. j.D is a projectile which changes based on meter (when you don't have enough it shoots 1, with meter it shoots 3). It seems fun to let servants control the ground and shoot from above.
  • 5HS and 2HS are very unsafe on block, so you can cancel into ghost set, or use calvados to continue pressure. 5HS's first hit is jump cancellable, so you can jump if you confirm it as well.
  • Faust/Pot only combo: 6D or 360P > dash f.S > 4D
  • 6D or 360P > 6P > 6HS (1) > j.2D > 6HS > j.2D > sj.S > 4D or 360P works on Leo, Johnny, Sol, Slayer
  • 6D or 360P > 6HS (1) > j.2D > etc works on Faust, Pot only
  • 6D or 360P > 6HS (2) > sj.D > sj.HS > 4D or 360P works on the other light and medium weight chars (hard to hit on Axl Ram Elphelt; in that case omit the j.D)

Johnny

• That's My Name was changed to 2363214H/D.
  • Johnny seems hard (for slayer).
  • His animation when being hit crouching has a msyterious hurtbox and SSSS2K2D doesn't combo.
  • His air hurtbox's upper region also is unnatural so picking up from mappa seems improbably.
  • 2D>K>HS>lvl2 high mist finer>coin>2HS>air lvl2 high mist finger>coin>6K>step>enkasu
  • close to corner: air lvl2 low mist finer>coin>neutral jump j.P>j.D>lvl2 mid mist finer> coin> IAD enkasu

Elphelt

• Elphelt's outfit has changed a bit? She's wearing a big collar and her eyes look gloomy.
  • P R I S O N B O Y S
  • Reversal got changed to the HS button now instead of D.

Leo

• Hellfire 632146D did about 49% on Ky.
  • New stage for Leo? Seems like console story mode's command room.

Last edited:
Jack-O' Elphelt (I can't read) has a new look. Waiting for more pictures.

CLIDVgAUsAAqo50.jpg

Last edited:
She also has a collar, and a lot of gray colors. Saw her described as "dark and edgy."

Jack-O' has a new look. Waiting for more pictures.

CLIDVgAUsAAqo50.jpg
Leo's face looks... different.

Excuse me, Elphelt's look changed, not Jack-O's.

I should definitely also do that.
You should main Axl.

PLEASE! THERE'S ONLY 4 OF US AXL MAINS LEFT IN THE WORLD!