• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

Well i figured it would not be on the 360, but the One should still be possible to make it on the One, or at least on PC

Well i figured it would not be on the 360, but the One should still be possible to make it on the One, or at least on PC

Arc said they wanted to port ChronoPhantasma to the PS4, not to rub any salt in the wound. :PUN:

Apparently all of the Xrd console screenshots are in 1080p.

HHHHNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

whoaaaaa you can read their belt buckles

Friendly reminder to never read the comments.

Arc said they wanted to port ChronoPhantasma to the PS4, not to rub any salt in the wound. :PUN:
As I heard it, the reason given by Mori for no new BB on 360 was:

"Chrono Phantasma doesn’t fit on the disc."

Last edited:
You can now preorder Guilty Gear Xrd for PS3/PS4 at Amazon and Gamestop.

http://guiltygear.us/

If you'll excuse me I'm going to run to Gamestop right now.
tumblr_mt50lkoDiQ1rveh0xo6_500.gif

Last edited:
So GGXRD is up for pre order.
Tempted to get it on both consoles, i have a feeling that most tournaments will be using the ps3 version.

i still dont get why people advocate for console exclusivity for third party developers, I get it if Arc wasnt able to get dev kits because they are a smaller company and that the XB1 hasnt launched there yet and all, but they did port the last two GG games to Xbox i just will give it time, and hope that there is a delayed Xbox 1 Version

I'm pretty sure that Microsoft requires third-party developers to release Xbox versions of their games earlier than or at the same time as PS3 versions. Also, Xbox is practically dead in Japan. No sense in making a version for Xbox if their main audience isn't there.

I'm pretty sure that Microsoft requires third-party developers to release Xbox versions of their games earlier than or at the same time as PS3 versions. Also, Xbox is practically dead in Japan. No sense in making a version for Xbox if their main audience isn't there.
I agree, they should do like P4U2 and just make an Xbox Release over seas only, not economically feasible to have it on Xbox over there,

Release parity only applies to self-publishing (a misnomer). For independent developers, getting a third-party publisher is not usually an option and therefore they want to be able to publish on the marketplace directly. Microsoft won't let you do that unless you sign a clause that says the Xbox version will release at least on the same date as every other version. So if the game's already out you can't self-publish.

This doesn't apply to games with third-party publishers. Arc Sys can publish through Aksys, so this shouldn't be a problem.

Aside from not having the dev kit, and aside from the debatable notion that an Xbox port wouldn't be worth the development effort (depending on where Arc is right now), there's literally no excuse for Arc not to want to try for an Xbox port other than maybe PR purposes (Japan is notoriously pro-Playstation, and I wouldn't doubt if the Xbox is still seen as the "foreign console" by the gamer culture over there).

Reactions: Hemijack and Arcana
I went to check on some details from different sources, now can this "new" character I've seen be confirmed true or is it just some hoax?

I went to check on some details from different sources, now can this "new" character I've seen be confirmed true or is it just some hoax?
I think we'll be seeing Sin added in the console version because he already has a in-game character model. I'm also guessing we'll be getting maybe one or two more characters along with Sin, but I have no idea who they might be. I'm guessing it could be Baiken and Johnny, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Hoping Bridget gets add to consoles.

Hoping Bridget gets add to consoles.

Have to be say... I look at the character list and Testament and Dizzy not being on it confuses me. I can see a lot of characters being added as DLC or just in a future version.

Dizzy might get added in a future installment. Actually I'd say that's likely. But at the current point in the story she is incapacitated.

Just console info? Modes and the like?

All I can understand is stuff like "Story Mode" and stupid marketing talk "One and only Guilty Gear".

Someone who can actually read Japanese and not just Katakana needs to translate it >.<

It apparently mentions a new character, cross play, and not much else. And Daisuke was asked about multiple characters being added to the console version, and he had no comment.

It seems like there might be 2 new characters, and Sin is almost definitely one of them, judging from clues.

Also the console version is 25% done.

I hope then, that out of all characters who haven't made it in yet, Testament is the other character.

I feel Testament and Baiken have the best chance of getting in. Maybe A.B.A.

Reactions: Arcana
Would be great if they added Testament and Baiken so we could get the original crew together (minus Kliff and Justice).
It's not because they're among my favorites or anything... :3

Kliff and Justice will be added in GG Xrd Double Sharp Ritardando Plus.

Reactions: Tomo009
There really aren't any characters that play anything like them either.

Kliff and Justice will be added in GG Xrd Double Sharp Ritardando Plus.
Ritardando? This is Guilty Gear, should be accelerando

I was poking fun at Xrd being a slightly slower paced game, and probably getting slower as updates came.

Now that I've explained my joke, I'll just mosey on out of here.
Abawalkani.gif

Ya know, when she's not moving, it's almost as if A.B.A. is trying to dance... and horribly failing.

A.B.A is the best dancer.
abadizzy.gif

Yo when's Jam?
Jamspriteani.gif

I wanna see her standing on one foot and petting two really big invisible dogs in cell shaded CG.

Dizzy might get added in a future installment. Actually I'd say that's likely. But at the current point in the story she is incapacitated.
I expect Dizzy & Sin for next characters.

Ky went home and became a family man.