• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

It is also the only one that is on PC.

I am pretty hype for this, netplay is super unlikely though.

It is also the only one that is on PC.

I am pretty hype for this, netplay is super unlikely though.
There is still the netplay mod though, or is that community dead and move on to PlusR

Dear God, it's coming...
But the question is: will they ever be done with their respective series?

well neither of the games have a story at this point so they can just Street Fighter them together like it ain't no thing

Reactions: Flotilla
So Ishiwatari went from "Fuck no" to "Lol we'll see?"

Gamepad compatible with both PS3 and PS4... hope they sell it separately. Wonder if they'd have anything close to resembling this bundle in the US... I'm not buying a PS4 but I'd buy this bundle.

I really hope they include the Vocal Collection disc for the US as well. I don't feel like buying this game twice.

Pretty sure the addition of character designs like Rammy and Bedman were a testament of what is to come regarding newly created GG characters. Less "Metal" more "Animu" to appeal to the modern market.
How are rammy and bedman not metal? Do any of you even listen to metal or look at album covers?

To elaborate, All I need to say are Manowar and Dream Evil and it should all make perfect sense where I'm coming from.

FURTHER EDIT: Wait nvm not manowar, I'm trying to find the album cover with all the skimiply dressed sorceress types, Manowar had them naked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arcana
So, Potemkin is bad in Xrd, right?

#lowtiersftw

Yep. Downgrading to #Reload and then going from there destroyed a lot of what made Pot so godly in later pre-Xrd games. That's not even counting the nerfs he got.

This is Arc we're talking about. There's literally no reason for them not to do a PC port, especially now that the game's running Unreal Engine, but they're not going to do it anyway because it's a market they don't understand nor care about.

They won't do it because there isn't enough memory on the PC. :PUN:

I feel like the implication that they’re going to use sales of their Steam releases to gauge interest in a PC port of Xrd was mostly made to sell a few extra copies of BBCP and Reload. ArcSys would have to be pretty silly to put much weight on how well those two games sell when they’re that outdated and have been available for Windows several times before.

I doubt there will be much reason to pick up the Steam version of #R if you already purchased it for PC.

Reactions: Tomo009
This is Arc we're talking about. There's literally no reason for them not to do a PC port, especially now that the game's running Unreal Engine, but they're not going to do it anyway because it's a market they don't understand nor care about.
Actually, there is a reason why they wouldn't port it. From my unreliable gaijin perspective, it appears that people in Japan think that playing games on a PC instead of doing work is the stuff of otaku, who get a really bad rep because of how far some take their hobbies (and of how certain high-profile murders were perpetrated by confessed otaku). As such, it would be a bad idea to release a PC port in the country that they probably focus on the most: Japan.

Actually, there is a reason why they wouldn't port it. From my unreliable gaijin perspective, it appears that people in Japan think that playing games on a PC instead of doing work is the stuff of otaku, who get a really bad rep because of how far some take their hobbies (and of how certain high-profile murders were perpetrated by confessed otaku). As such, it would be a bad idea to release a PC port in the country that they probably focus on the most: Japan.
that is actually a very well thought out and informed reasoning on why they would not choose to do a PC port. thank you.

Actually, there is a reason why they wouldn't port it. From my unreliable gaijin perspective

Unreliable is right, I'm afraid; it has nothing to do with what they believe the market for PC games is, rather that they think there is NO market.

ArcSys has a history of releasing PC ports; Guilty Gear X, #Reload, Isuka, and BlazBlue CT were all released on PC. Because of ArcSys's trademark incompetence (only releasing a PC port in Japan/Korea, delaying PC ports for objectionably long amounts of time (#Reload's PC port came out in Europe THREE YEARS after it was released in JP arcades), outsourcing ports that ultimately end up being buggy, not implementing features like netcode when OLDER versions of the game DO have netcode, using GFWL (and after GFWL died, ripping it out and removing netplay altogether), only releasing to retail for the longest time (ArcSys have only acknowledged Steam's existence VERY recently), giving zero promotion to their PC releases)... the PC versions of their games have traditionally sold poorly. I recall them attributing this to a lack of a PC market, which is pretty damn frustrating.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pfantzypantz
They don't have the excuse of a lack of a market anymore now that SNK, Capcom, and Netherrealm are on-board with PC gaming and have been doing pretty well on Steam.

DiddQIEl.jpg

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/02/guilty-gear-xrd-sign-adds-new-gunner-girl-character/

Were at DLC characters already? Ughhh

DAMMIT THE SEED HAS BEEN PLANTED. LET ME HATE HER. GODDAMMIT ARCANA WHY?

I was won over with one comment. I hate everything.

DAMMIT THE SEED HAS BEEN PLANTED. LET ME HATE HER. GODDAMMIT ARCANA WHY?
Soon those seeds will bloom into roses an then you end up maining her

I MIGHT HAVE TO SINCE A.B.A HASN'T BEEN ADDED.

I MIGHT HAVE TO SINCE A.B.A HASN'T BEEN ADDED.
Why would you make me so upset with a comment like this, do you want me to cry?

I still hate her. In fact I hate her even more now because it’s an interesting playstyle ruined with a generic, ugly ass design.

The only funny thing about her is that you can immediately tell she’s a GG-character just because of the two enormous, totally unnecessary belt-buckles at the skirt, ha!

Last edited: