• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

Thanks for the insight. Gonna try Jam because I like characters that have stuff to do after getting an opportunity (like Squigly charging stances), but I'll sure look for Ky if I hit a wall or something.
Squigly is Johnny without coins, so you might want to look into him.

Not that I'd discourage anyone from playing Jam.

The problem I have with Johnny is that he must manage his limited coins and I'm terrible at managing things in FG's (yes even meter is a challenge to me nowadays). I know he can get more coins with his "treasure hunt" super (ha, I did my own research), but that doesn't seem to be practical in actual fights (could be wrong, but I don't see this super being used very much). At least Squigs can get a charge way easier.

Hey, did we ever get that Revelator dub for Steam?

This game is AWESOME!!!!!! How have I been missing out on these games for so long? I haven't had this much fun in a fighter since i played Skullgirls! And its sssooooooooo nice to have a grappler that is as fun to play as Cerebella.

Cerabella marked a high standard for a slow, super powerful, and fun grappler; and Potemkin meets that standard.

Kind of poetic actually. If I recall correctly, Mike Z took a lot of inspiration from Potemkin when making Cerabella's moveset(Being the character, along with Tager, that Mike Z was known for using.) And in my opinion, Mike definitely matched the awesome feel that is Potemkin with Cerabella.

I just noticed that Arc System appears in the list of partners for the Nintendo Switch. Does this mean we might get GGXrd on the Switch?

Reactions: Lexeous
I just noticed that Arc System appears in the list of partners for the Nintendo Switch. Does this mean we might get GGXrd on the Switch?
it'd mean the Switch can handle Unreal Engine 4(Xrd is unreal 4 right?) So that would mean great things overall. Would make porting to Switch be more straight-forward I assume based on my extremely limited knowledge on porting games.

Xrd is made in Unreal Engine 3, but who knows what that means in terms of porting it to other platforms.

Reactions: Wenzel
Xrd is made in Unreal Engine 3, but who knows what that means in terms of porting it to other platforms.
Epic made a big show of advertising how easy Unreal Engine 3 made porting a game to multiple platforms when they were first showing off the engine (as in "pick an option from a dropdown menu and compile" simple), but I highly doubt it's that easy. I also highly doubt they'd have an update to support the Switch, since it's probably up to the engine developers whether they'd make it compile to it, and they're all probably working on UE4's updates.

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
Epic made a big show of advertising how easy Unreal Engine 3 made porting a game to multiple platforms when they were first showing off the engine (as in "pick an option from a dropdown menu and compile" simple), but I highly doubt it's that easy. I also highly doubt they'd have an update to support the Switch, since it's probably up to the engine developers whether they'd make it compile to it, and they're all probably working on UE4's updates.
If you want to know how easy and effortless it is to port stuff in unreal 3, see the via crucis Mighty number nine suffered when Inafune believed this shit.

If you want to know how easy and effortless it is to port stuff in unreal 3, see the via crucis Mighty number nine suffered when Inafune believed this shit.
Wasn't MN9's issues due to them trying to make a single build that they then struggled to port across 9 platforms simultaneously, despite the small amount of people in charge of doing so?

Yup, trusting the porting promises doesn't work AT ALL

I just picked up this game, give me May players to watch please!

Ay yo, Jack-O is pretty good. Would main this bubble butt cutie. Add her to my list alongside Sin, Jam, Ram, and Kum.

I just picked up this game, give me May players to watch please!

In terms of May players,

There's Kedako who's like the May God, then there's also other well known May players who are also really good like Efute and Azesuke. Oh yeah, Ruu's currently playing May since there's no Bridget yet in Xrd so that's another really good one to watch

Here's some keeponrockin links to help you find footage easier:
Kedako - https://keeponrock.in/?p1=Kedako&char1=may
Azesuke - https://keeponrock.in/?p1=Azesuke&char1=may
Efute - https://keeponrock.in/?p1=Efute&char1=may
Ruu - https://keeponrock.in/?p1=Ruu&char1=may

The video says "update" so it could be just an update to bring the game into a season 2 status.

Another forum I frequent said:
New GGXrd update announced! Rev2

To be released next Spring on PS3/4 and PC.
New balance, some added moves. All characters without an Episode Mode will now have one. Also, a new chapter will be added to the story mode and a new online mode will be added.
A physical PS4 version also will be released. Only digital or paid update for everybody else.
new chars, Baiken and Answer.

So Spring 2018?

It's going to be just a DLC right? No 60$ """""upgrade"""""?

So does it have Rev's story mode or is it another sequel?
Also who da fuck is Answer

It has Rev's story mode, but it's adding a new chapter to it. Also Answer is Chipp's political aide. He's been around since Sign.

I've been kinda iffy about Guilty Gear but I then I saw Answer and now I kinda wanna get it.

Ninja businessman? Sign me the heck up.

New moves for characters ?!

please ASW

GGAC_Potemkin_6K.png

GGAC_Potemkin_63214D.png

Reactions: Icky
Answer is President Chipp's very handsome assistant whom he saved from the life of a generic street punk and then he became a business ninja

Okay fuck it. I bought standard Rev today. Hope they include Kum and Dizzy in this (hopefully just) DLC.

I bet Answer has a wife and kids and is a very good husbandu

Impossible. Businessmen don't make up for a great presence in the family. He probably gets home late hoping to at least read a dtory to his kids.

i do like how surly Baiken looks in her character art.

Answer seems fine.

New story content is good. Maybe we'll find out what Dizzy was up to during the entire Revelator story.

And maybe get some teasing for a future playable Aria/Justice.

Maybe we'll find out what Dizzy was up to during the entire Revelator story.

And maybe get some teasing for a future playable Aria/Justice.
we'll find out what Dizzy was up to during the entire Revelator story.

get some teasing for a future playable Aria/Justice.
Dizzy

get some teasing for a future playable Aria/Justice Testament

Reactions: CountofBleck