• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

Hey, it worked for Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter... I bet they'll do it too!

Seems like a risky move, especially since Granblue is also going to be a simplified game that has not been released yet. Forecasting the acceptance of this change will be difficult.

I was a scrub at Xrd but even I think this will be extremeky risky. What they should do is try to find a way to ease casuals into GG's mechanics, without compromising them. Xrd Rev tried that with a great tutorial section but without simplifying mechanics too much.

Hot take: May just looks totally generic now. I liked the pint-size pirate design.

I agree. Part of her appeal was that she was a small bean wielding a bigass anchor.

I agree. Part of her appeal was that she was a small bean wielding a bigass anchor.
And being like Pippi Longstocking. A little girl with monstrous strength who occasionally likes being on ships.

Reactions: ArgonBern
It said the next trailer would be released at CEO which today is last day of that, so stay tuned for that.

May looks neat. Also she got a tattoo, so I guess she's really living that pirate life?

A bit more info on Axl's grease. The roster is set for early November, and it's still growing. But the real question is, who's behind the mysterious remaining two slots?

if we could just get a smell of them I'd be able to tell who the characters are
I think we can only confirm they have the smell of the game.

Anyway, I'd figure we're getting more GG1 original cast members before anything else at this rate. Millia or Chipp next probably.

I'd like to get surprised by a Baiken, Testament or even Aria/Justice though.

Or they could surprise us with that unnamed character we saw in the very first trainer. Unless... could he be Potemkin?

Reactions: Dragonage2ftw
That would be a massive disappointment. Why would you remove one of the most iconic characters in your game by radically changing his gameplay style?

I'm still waiting for Bridget. Justice coming back as Aria wouldn't be bad at all.

Livestream is up. The character from the first trailer yet to be revealed, but it is not Potemkin. However, Potemkin himself has been confirmed as well as Chipp. Their trailers are also in the livestream as we speak, when Kenny and Kataro get to it.

And I know I said this before during the livestream, but Chipp's new belt is too big for his presidency.

Oh, look at that, it's finally dubbed.
I don't fully forgive Guilty Gear for the crimes of leading to CF being undubbed, but I can at least consider playing the game now, dub or not since they made up for what they did with Xrd 2

Did you receive a jumpscare like me at the end? That's a weird way to ensure an entrance, but all I can say is...

Welcome back, Faust.

Pity May's design is now pretty generic. Everyone else looks great, especially Axl who doesn't have those horrid shorts anymore.

Everyone else looks great, especially Axl who doesn't have those horrid shorts anymore.

Did I mention Chipp's new ridiculous belt that is too big for his presidency?

I'm glad my GGX2 main is back, but as my friend pointed out...
This is a damn sausage fest so far, where are all the ladies?
You made like 4 new girls for Xrd, we just tossing them in the garbage?

Not to spoil things, but we have yet to see our two favorite assassins of hair and shadows to be revealed.