• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Help Advertise Indivisible!

Sterling has an especially relevant appeal for Indivisible awareness because he's made himself into the youtube guy that goes after shady games business practices (like shitty kicktarters, for example). Having Indivisible be so upfront and honest about its IGG, one would hope that Sterling would appreciate that and extol its virtues.

One would hope.

He liked it!

Last edited:
Too lazy. Only Lazy cause of my slow internet. To be annoyingly truthful, it's taken me 4 tries to even watch his upload cause Youtube keeps dropping my connection..

It will not take long until we see someone claiming the ahps to be their waifu.
Over my Razmi dakimakura

Too lazy. Only Lazy cause of my slow internet. To be annoyingly truthful, it's taken me 4 tries to even watch his upload cause Youtube keeps dropping my connection..
oh uh Jimquisition is a little show that Jim Sterling does. He talks about current game "events" and his thoughts on the whole thing. So his next episode will be about crowd funding and Indivisible will be one of the games he will be using as an example in the video.

oh uh Jimquisition is a little show that Jim Sterling does. He talks about current game "events" and his thoughts on the whole thing. So his next episode will be about crowd funding and Indivisible will be one of the games he will be using as an example in the video.
ah. makes sense.

Sorry if I sounded rude about my response Kai. Being stuck on a 15kb/s connection for a few months will drive you nuts.. Hell, if I want to update Indiv when it updates, it takes me about 2.5 hours x,x So yeah.. Sour mood comes from that. Sorry.

ah. makes sense.

Sorry if I sounded rude about my response Kai. Being stuck on a 15kb/s connection for a few months will drive you nuts.. Hell, if I want to update Indiv when it updates, it takes me about 2.5 hours x,x So yeah.. Sour mood comes from that. Sorry.
don't worry i understand the pain of slow internet i have only just gotten out of the prison of 150 kb/s

Indivisible is the first CF I backed and it will be the last should it not reach its goal.
I swear, if this video doesn't convince people that there's something inherently wrong with the current situation of videogame crowdfunding and the community, I'll be so done.

quick unrelated edit: how do I upgrade my pledge on indiegogo? I want to go from the 75 I already pledged to 175 (190 with shipping) but it asks me to donate all of it at once instead of just taking 115 and adding them to my current 75

Indivisible is the first CF I backed and it will be the last should it not reach its goal.
I swear, if this video doesn't convince people that there's something inherently wrong with the current situation of videogame crowdfunding and the community, I'll be so done.
kissu shhhh don't be overly concerned... yet.

We are a community. Nay... a family and we support each other.

I'm fairly sure Jim also said in that playthrough he was hoping to get an interview with someone from Lab Zero, most likely Peter, so I'll be keeping my eyes out for that too.

quick unrelated edit: how do I upgrade my pledge on indiegogo? I want to go from the 75 I already pledged to 175 (190 with shipping) but it asks me to donate all of it at once instead of just taking 115 and adding them to my current 75
They have a weird system of refunding you your initial donation and then taking payment for a new one.

As for how, go to My Account -> My Contributions -> Upgrade to Higher Priced Perk

Hey, can some people help with seeing if BaerTaffy would give this a look?
https://www.youtube.com/user/BaerTaffy

BaerTaffy is known to back some Indie Games and this game should be up his ally in game styles (since one of the games he plays is Darkest Dungeon). He's gotten me interested in a few games, so I was hoping there's a way I could "pay" him back by showing him a neat game and help others find a game that'd be really cool. I've already tried to send him a message so maybe more might help.

Baer also does a live stream, so he might beable to see any requests on there too. I just don't know when he streams (since I never got the time to watch).

They have a weird system of refunding you your initial donation and then taking payment for a new one.

As for how, go to My Account -> My Contributions -> Upgrade to Higher Priced Perk

yeah I get that, thing is it's just asking for another 190$ even though I have already 75$ put into the campaign which aren't available to me, and I don't have 190$ available to me right now but only 115$

so basically I have to somehow refund my 75$ for me to be able to upgrade to 190$ since I don't have enough to do it the intended way (for which I would need 265$)

yeah I get that, thing is it's just asking for another 190$ even though I have already 75$ put into the campaign which aren't available to me, and I don't have 190$ available to me right now but only 115$

so basically I have to somehow refund my 75$ for me to be able to upgrade to 190$ since I don't have enough to do it the intended way (for which I would need 265$)
Ouch. Maybe see if you can manually refund first, and then buy at the new tier? There's about a month left, so that should be enough time for PayPal to handle it.

Hey, can some people help with seeing if BaerTaffy would give this a look?
https://www.youtube.com/user/BaerTaffy

Looking at his channel, I don't see very much similar to Indivisible. Is there a particular video I should reference?

I dono about a few of the other games, but I think a good mash up of the ones on there would be to say Indiv would be like Spelunkie mixed with Darkest Dungeon... in.. a way... Best I could think about. Though Spelunkie doesn't have wall jumping (unless you had the gloves) now I think about it lol. and Indiv's not random... Ok fine don't think Spelunkie lol XD

Darkest Dungeon is a Management RPG where you gotta maintain your team's sanity while doing a turn based game. It's pretty fun.

You missed a place value unless someone just donated 10k. That said at this rate we could hit another one today.
It better be Naga Rider

Reactions: Wenzel
If he does not say all of his attacks I will be sad.

Reactions: Shockdingo
hey guys back on the idea of getting more money for Indivisible

Why don't we make small local bake sales~!

We can make Roti shaped Sugar Cookies~! They're quick and simple and you can make a crud ton of em if needed!

I dono about a few of the other games, but I think a good mash up of the ones on there would be to say Indiv would be like Spelunkie mixed with Darkest Dungeon... in.. a way... Best I could think about. Though Spelunkie doesn't have wall jumping (unless you had the gloves) now I think about it lol. and Indiv's not random... Ok fine don't think Spelunkie lol XD

Darkest Dungeon is a Management RPG where you gotta maintain your team's sanity while doing a turn based game. It's pretty fun.

Eh, after watching a couple of his videos, Dungeon seems JRPGy enough and Spelunky seems Metroid-platformy-enough to still count. And after seeing the tips he's getting in this Spelunky stream, getting him on our side could be nifty. Will message him when this vid's done.

Reactions: Kit Ballard
hey guys back on the idea of getting more money for Indivisible

Why don't we make small local bake sales~!

We can make Roti shaped Sugar Cookies~! They're quick and simple and you can make a crud ton of em if needed!
Oh shit I would eat so many.

Reactions: Kit Ballard
Eh, after watching a couple of his videos, Dungeon seems JRPGy enough and Spelunky seems Metroid-platformy-enough to still count. And after seeing the tips he's getting in this Spelunky stream, getting him on our side could be nifty. Will message him when this vid's done.
He also plays uh... Rocket... Rocket League? Dono the name off hand.. much less what it's about.. so I'm sure he plays a wide range of game styles and not just those XD

Oh shit I would eat so many.
Alright I'll take that as a yes to the whole idea. Over the weekend I'll bake up a batch and from there you guys can do something similar.

What if we made bead headdress jewelry like Ajna wears, and sold them?

[...]Darkest Dungeon is a Management RPG where you gotta maintain your team's sanity while doing a turn based game. It's pretty fun.

Comparing Indivisible with a game made by a dev team unable to keep promises, who keep delaying the game for no reason while one of the lead dev is on vacation, can't take player feedback or understand the implications of the mechanics of their own game, and thus keep it a brainless damage spam simulator while claiming they're fixing that, and on top of everything censor criticism seems like a terrible idea.

Comparing Indivisible with a game made by a dev team unable to keep promises, who keep delaying the game for no reason while one of the lead dev is on vacation, can't take player feedback or understand the implications of the mechanics of their own game, and thus keep it a brainless damage spam simulator while claiming they're fixing that, and on top of everything censor criticism seems like a terrible idea.
If I had the money, I'd get Darkest Dungeon. I've played it for awhile already and wish to buy it to keep it properly updated. The "corpse" mechanic is easy to bypass. I honestly have no issues with it o.o

Plus Baer loves it.

The "corpse" mechanic is easy to bypass. I honestly have no issues with it o.o
The corpse mechanic is a terrible patch up that's more of a statement of their lack of understanding of game design than anything. It was included because the front row in almost every encounter (the -only- exception begin the Swinetaur. and it's a bad exception at that because its AI is broken) offers inadequate protection to the back row and isn't an issue at all. What did they do? Instead of redesigning formations and enemies to make other abilities relevant, they add a stupid mechanic that leaves enemies who do absolutely nothing but take up space.
And yes, the corpse mechanic is easy to bypass. Exactly like everything else in the game, and that's the problem. It's promised as a challenging tactical, punishing game. It's actually a brainless, tedious, spam your highest damage skill grind simulator.
Please take it to PMs if you wanna keep discussing this, I don't wanna go off topic.

Or the Darkest Dungeon thread, I dunno.

If he likes the game, he likes the game, and if the comparison fits it's worth making. Seems sensible you can compare games without comparing devs.

He also plays uh... Rocket... Rocket League? Dono the name off hand.. much less what it's about.. so I'm sure he plays a wide range of game styles and not just those XD
...I kind of fail to see the comparison to car-soccer. I've been trying to keep my messages basically to "Hey Indivisible is X, I think you'll like it because you like Y and Z, and it only takes thirty to forty minutes to play. If you'll take a look, I think you'll find it fun and worthwhile. You can check it out here:" I'm basing this off of the Total Biscuit video a few pages back saying "Make it relevant to the YouTuber's channel, make it easy to play the game, and sometimes what gets a vid is based on what I can play in a hurry." This is why I've avoided looking into people who focus on, say, Minecraft. I figure my messages need to be quick, to the point, and appeal to their business-needs as well as their enjoyment.

now now, let's not shit talk about "bad and undeserving" devs, lets focus on the topic

...I kind of fail to see the comparison to car-soccer. ~Stuff Snippy~
Good point. Was more saying about his broad gaming tastes. And that also makes sense with the video compairing and all.

What if we made bead headdress jewelry like Ajna wears, and sold them?
Do NOT make prayer beads. Cookies and shit are fine.

I'm sorry Marowak... the beads idea is cute and everything but we've got to make something that everyone loves and is willing to give some cash to, so that in turn we can take that cash and give it to Mike Zed. But you know what? with those beads can you make some little keychain bead versions of Roti? Those would be cool!

I've been trying to keep my messages basically to "Hey Indivisible is X, I think you'll like it because you like Y and Z, and it only takes thirty to forty minutes to play. If you'll take a look, I think you'll find it fun and worthwhile. You can check it out here:"

Don't forget to mention that the proto can be downloaded for free - assuming you're linking to the IGG page an not a direct download, that is.

Yeah I think if you're telling ppl bout Indivisible, you should talk about trying the prototype first. Then you can tell them about the campaign later.