• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Her Parasite is as Deadly as her Beauty - it's the Blood Goddess Eliza!!! Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
*All the really cool frames*

Is there anyway to get the static ones in a different format? Specifically the pushblock one. I want to make a custom palette using it but Illustrator/Photoshop won't open png-large :C

Is there anyway to get the static ones in a different format? Specifically the pushblock one. I want to make a custom palette using it but Illustrator/Photoshop won't open png-large :C
I don't know if it's of any help but I can save it in a different format using ACDSee. Just gotta know which formats are compatible with the program you are using.

I personally save all the stream screen caps I get in .png to ensure the image's quality is uncompromised.

i really hope she's a frame trap character because i love me some frametraps

I officially have no idea where they're going with Eliza.
But I'm more interested than ever.

^As are all things that concern our glorious Oujo-sama.

I was beginning to worry about the disturbing lack of Oujo-sama. My restless heart has been assuaged.

Interesting how the heart is made of the blood that composes the flesh. I think it's fair to assume that, as Jedah, her body is liquid.
Anyway, it doesn't seem pompous enough to be the win pose. My bet is on it being the tag out animation...but I've been direly wrong about these before, so... *shrug*

♪♪♪ ~She's a Killer Queen~ ♪♪♪

Anyway, it doesn't seem pompous enough to be the win pose. My bet is on it being the tag out animation...but I've been direly wrong about these before, so... *shrug*
I would concur - I thought it looked more like a taunt - except it doesn't have any animation to make the heart go away, implying it's just going to sit on the stage like that until the next game starts.

^As are all things that concern our glorious Oujo-sama.

I was beginning to worry about the disturbing lack of Oujo-sama. My restless heart has been assuaged.

Interesting how the heart is made of the blood that composes the flesh. I think it's fair to assume that, as Jedah, her body is liquid.

♪♪♪ ~She's a Killer Queen~ ♪♪♪
You are probably right, it looks similar to most tag outs, that is probably what it is.

Just to save people clicking links:

841252817.gif

Also, thanks, @POS Industries . Can't unsee.

That animation looks more like that thing ash does from KOF 13, y'know? Or maybe even the poison kiss Sonia uses in MK? It really looks more like an attack to me, but hey, what do I know?

^SCOOOOOOOORE!!!!

ad4.gif

That is some Cabanela worthy grooving right there.

I was thinking guys… I really like Castlevania, the classics and the Metroidvanias, and wouldn’t it be awesome if our glorious Oujo-sama would appear in one? Needless to say, I came up with the idea while playing some Metroidvania’s again lately. So, what role could Oujo-sama take in a (2D) Castlevania?

I think she would be a perfect antagonist and/or end-boss. She could basically retain all her abilities and moves from Skullgirls and it would work. The only thing she would need as an end-boss in Castlevania would be transforming into a giant monster as her second form. But that doesn’t fit her, so I guess she’s more like the Death in the Castlevania games, someone who teases the player throughout the game and puts up a hard fight, but isn’t really the mastermind you’re after. But I wouldn’t make her a pawn of Dracula, Oujo-sama bows to no one; I would make her a freelancer who has her own interest’s at hand inside Dracula’s castle. And the nasty whipping protagonist gets in her way, so he must be destroyed. Maybe she wants to kill the Prince of Darkness himself and take his place as a Queen? She could also be a perfect anti-hero and thus the protagonist of the game, Castlevania protagonists often get lots of abilities and sometimes transformations to progress further in the game, it would be fun seeing how Oujo-sama uses her powers to conquer the castle. Albus and Horace as sidekicks would be cool to, maybe even as merchants. Not like she pays them for their services, she gives them the money to get her what she wants.

I really like the idea. Shame I have no experience in making games and Metroidvanias are rather complex and huge, otherwise I would be making that game already. But in my fantasy, Oujo-sama kicks some Belmont-butt already, guess that’s something.

Nope, nope, nope, nope nope.

I was thinking guys… I really like Castlevania, the classics and the Metroidvanias, and wouldn’t it be awesome if our glorious Oujo-sama would appear in one? Needless to say, I came up with the idea while playing some Metroidvania’s again lately. So, what role could Oujo-sama take in a (2D) Castlevania?

I think she would be a perfect antagonist and/or end-boss. She could basically retain all her abilities and moves from Skullgirls and it would work. The only thing she would need as an end-boss in Castlevania would be transforming into a giant monster as her second form. But that doesn’t fit her, so I guess she’s more like the Death in the Castlevania games, someone who teases the player throughout the game and puts up a hard fight, but isn’t really the mastermind you’re after. But I wouldn’t make her a pawn of Dracula, Oujo-sama bows to no one; I would make her a freelancer who has her own interest’s at hand inside Dracula’s castle. And the nasty whipping protagonist gets in her way, so he must be destroyed. Maybe she wants to kill the Prince of Darkness himself and take his place as a Queen? She could also be a perfect anti-hero and thus the protagonist of the game, Castlevania protagonists often get lots of abilities and sometimes transformations to progress further in the game, it would be fun seeing how Oujo-sama uses her powers to conquer the castle. Albus and Horace as sidekicks would be cool to, maybe even as merchants. Not like she pays them for their services, she gives them the money to get her what she wants.

I really like the idea. Shame I have no experience in making games and Metroidvanias are rather complex and huge, otherwise I would be making that game already. But in my fantasy, Oujo-sama kicks some Belmont-butt already, guess that’s something.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh
tumblr_n1rfvjmgCp1ro0g5eo1_500.png

yeah…

That being said we already have a Mega Man Skullgirls game, so I'd love seeing a Castlevania Skullgirls game too, especially if the bosses would be some of the characters that didn't make it.
Who would be the main character though? Squigly? D. Violet?

squigly would be funnier tbh

her axe can be fortune's head
her dagger a syringe
her holy water a krieg tear (or salty umbrella tears)
cross can be painwheel's buer

I can make one. I had a class in making GBA games back in college and I'm currently working on a pc (maybe gba) pet-project(rpg fighting game hybrid) but I dont mind helping out. I do both programming, art/animation, and , to a lesser extent, music so I dont mind contributing. My only request would be that you guys also help out my pet project by demoing it and giving feedback.

Astarte in Portrait of Ruin is the closest we have so far.
What does make Eliza a very eligible protagonist is the fact her powers can be convincingly re-imagined to fit the Metroidvania exploration. Maybe have the setting be New Meridian and give her her own castle/pyramid/blood bank that she has to take back from mobsters and whatnot, all the while taking care of other business. Now I want this...badly. Woe is me.

Anyway, as a enemy, I don't think a monster form would be necessary, just look at Dracula in Order of Ecclesia. Second phase could simply be bringing Sekhmet into the fight.

(I'm sure the brain storming will really kick once I properly sinked my fangs into this glamorous idea...)

Who would be the main character though? Squigly? D. Violet?
vNTlFXM.jpg

But yeah, if Koumajou Densetsu (aka Touhouvania) managed to be a thing, I'm sure SG has plenty of potential too.

Double posting is a inelegant thing but the situation demands. I ask your forgiveness. orz

Anyway, two matters I'd like to bring up.
Firstly, fellow forum member XthAtGAm3RGuYX has decided to chronicle the Waifu Wars, mostly focusing on the IRC skirmishes. As the uncontested victors of Round 1 and as the driving force of Round 2 (because, let's be honest here - the people who got their character in Round 1, had the leverage to decide Round 2), it is important we are engraved in History as the unstoppable force of righteousness that we are.
So, I beseech my brethren followers of Oujo-sama to stop by the topic and shed more light on our actions...especially since during the board's first down time, I never set foot in the IRC so if any of you has, do share your experience. Currently, heretics are saying Oujo-sama had no supporters at all. (Guess that means I can take full credit for her victory then. :P )

Secondly, Y U NO TALK ABOUT ELIZAVANIA / AKUOUJO DENSETSU*? T_T
(Total ass pull Japanese. I doubt this even makes any sense... -_-")
Found myself doing a little brainstorming while listening to some CV tunes, so here's a few rough ideas to get the ball rolling.
1 - Bearing in mind a CV protagonist does not necessarily have to wield a whip (Eric Lecarde, Jonathan Morris, Shanoa, etc), there's really no impediment for Oujo-sama not being the playable character. :P
2 - Sekhmet mode could be used at the cost of MP and maybe work like Dante's Devil Trigger and the MP gauge counts as a timer. Sekhmet could also earn it's own abilities for exploration.
3 - Give her some sort of spell/screen clear attack, maybe something like her c.HK but with a much larger blood barge
4 - Acquiring powers by defeating bosses. Here's some tentative hypothesis:
Filia - dash
Painwheel - double jump (blood wings just as we see them in j.MP)
Peacock - projectiles (ankh daggers made of blood. using them drains the blood/MP gauge)
Parasoul - blood tears alternate projectile (this one is used to destroy specific types of blocks)
Cerebella - a grab attack that drains enemies' blood (could replenish HP, MP or both but in this case, only half)
Double - mist/liquefaction (to get past certain areas)
Ms Fortune - Sekhmet can climb walls
Valentine - Sekhmet can triple jump

Last edited:
Reactions: Detective Q
Haha, your silly game ideas.

tumblr_mrlfnjrQBs1sfyz7mo1_1280.png

Get on Annie's level

Reactions: Denizen
Get on Annie's level
And have Oujo-sama debase herself? You speak nonsense.
YxkiRui.jpg

Also, mandatory Castlevania >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Megaman

I regret voting for Eliza so much more after reading that.
Well, if it serves of any consolation, I also regret having fiercely supported Beowulf after putting up with the wads of trash talk you aim at Eliza. So there. Guess that makes us even.

Gee, bloody peasants just get riled up over all sorts of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.