• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Her Parasite is as Deadly as her Beauty - it's the Blood Goddess Eliza!!! Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with Persona. Every palette doesn't have to be a reference to anything
You realize people are going to insist it's a reference to something anyway, right? Doesn't matter if it's original or not.

I think the references are alright. For me, it makes me initially laugh and then overtime, it becomes less a reference and just part of the character.
Edit: References may help newcomers to familiarize themselves with the game. "See, it's a reference to [Blank], it's not all new scary stuff." Or maybe I'm just making stuff up.

If I wouldn't know better and judged just based on the frames, I'd think there isn't an Eliza anymore in that character. Other hosts trade a chunk of their body for the parasite while keeping the rest intact. Here we see that Eliza traded not only the skeleton, but had all of the rest of her twisted beyond recognition.

The character is pretty much Sekhmet with a blob of liquid surrounding her which she can shape in any form that fits her current needs - a shield, a boat... or a woman. At this point Eliza seems no more human that the oily shadows Noob Saibot spawns from himself for quick temporary combat assistance.

No real punchline in this post. Just sharing some thoughts I've been having. I see the problem of Eliza remaining a person when her physical form has been downgraded so.

If I wouldn't know better and judged just based on the frames, I'd think there isn't an Eliza anymore in that character. Other hosts trade a chunk of their body for the parasite while keeping the rest intact. Here we see that Eliza traded not only the skeleton, but had all of the rest of her twisted beyond recognition.

The character is pretty much Sekhmet with a blob of liquid surrounding her which she can shape in any form that fits her current needs - a shield, a boat... or a woman. At this point Eliza seems no more human that the oily shadows Noob Saibot spawns from himself for quick temporary combat assistance.

No real punchline in this post. Just sharing some thoughts I've been having. I see the problem of Eliza remaining a person when her physical form has been downgraded so.
This is literally my thoughts for her.

Just sharing some thoughts I've been having. I see the problem of Eliza remaining a person when her physical form has been downgraded so.

Alex mentioned that the two have been bonded for so long that it's hard to tell where Eliza ends and Sekhmet begins.

You realize people are going to insist it's a reference to something anyway, right? Doesn't matter if it's original or not.
Which is why I want more original palettes so that less and less will keep asking where it's from
Alex mentioned that the two have been bonded for so long that it's hard to tell where Eliza ends and Sekhmet begins.
like Jotaro's hat/hair :PUN:

There are definitely those moments where an original palette looks like it's supposed to be referencing something. For instance, what do you mean this isn't Iron Tager!?

ib48dj1ZdcHWv.png

In regards to references, I do dislike the memes and overtly silly things, Balder put it quite nicely. In terms of fighting game references like famous attacks and whatnot, those are fine as they do help ease players in and don't just break all rules of the setting for a quick laugh. Peacock is a good character for the wacky 4th wall-esque jokes, and even she doesn't go into memes. The meme jokes just hurt the setting and makes Skullgirls come off as 'lowbrow' and purely silly comedy, which judging from alot of the fans and the foundation of the story, isn't how skullgirls should be portrayed imo. I was hype for Big Band's voice/ dialogue since I love me some noir, but his dialogue is just so forced and feels desperate for laughs. This is coming from someone who enjoys Ms fortune quite a bit, as her puns work- just don't have the nonsense like "has cheeseburger' or 'That's racist!'.

Palettes seem like the least egregious way to reference something, as long as they look good enough on their own.

The character is pretty much Sekhmet with a blob of liquid surrounding her which she can shape in any form that fits her current needs - a shield, a boat... or a woman.
A interesting thought but I have to disagree. I mean, Eliza is a popular public figure in more than one front and I'd also wager her singing skills don't come from Sekhmet. If she was Sekhmet with a skin suit, she would have probably gone on a feeding frenzy and blown her cover.
Though it could also be argued she might have learned some things over time in order to maintain a disguise but I doubt Sekhmet would be clever enough to convincingly and continuously re-adapt because it's not just fitting in a static society.
We'll need to know more about Sekhmet for all the speculation have stronger footholds. I don't think the story will tell us everything and will likely raise even more questions but I think we'll learn enough to at least get a idea of what kind of parasite Sekhmet is.

*Peacock*
*Fortune*
I should have also added that I love those two. Peacock is a amazing comic character and all the references in item drops are subtle enough to work without feeling forced and I love Fortune's puns, even the cringey ones (and even if I didn't I would not object as the character is canonically a Pungeon Master).

But as for references to other fighting games? Well, one can only be original to a certain point - fireball, anti-air, command grab, teleport, etc. Pretty much every type of special move has been done so, in a way, the references are there. Personally, I prefer Lab Zero does its own thing instead of taking someone's signature move and call it a day. Again, it numbs me to see some folks live with that cognitive dissonance where they praise Lab Zero's creativity whilst asking character X do what character Y does.
Basically, I'm OK with references of function but aesthetically the move being very much its own thing. Trying to find a example and I can only think of a poor one - Double's Nightmare Legion is pretty much a KoF ranbu super.

Last edited:
@Nap1400
I don't have a account to participate in the chat.
And fuck mistletoe.

VH0ADPa.png

It's quite interesting to see both Mariel and Persona work, the difference in their styles and how it nonetheless culminates in the replication of Ahad's style. Quite fascinating, really.

Nah, it's her ground throw. It's just rough now.

It's probably closer to Parasoul's throw in terms of what it looks like.

The little hearts that pop out just make this animation for me.
THere's something about them that move the animation from cool to goddamn amazing.

Oh god, it just sadist...

View attachment 1921
The little hearts totally make this delicious in its deviousness heh. Is there more to it though? It seems to be missing her knocking down the opponent to get them in a position to be kneaded by the mic stand.

The little hearts totally make this delicious in its deviousness heh. Is there more to it though? It seems to be missing her knocking down the opponent to get them in a position to be kneaded by the mic stand.
Yeah, there's more to it, I made that near the beginning of the stream.

Here's the source.
I remember that one from the olden days... *looks at submission date* ..."10 months ago". Seems the artist somehow predicted how her dash would be.
I would have liked to add a fourth entry to the Archive for fan arts but I have long lost my bearings from where I found most of them and Cellsai is quite adamant about sourcing other people's works, which I wholeheartedly agree with.
But since we're in the mood for sharing, here are my favorite three Eliza fan arts by artists that (I think) are not on the team in any way, shape or form (this to say, don't fret if you don't see anything by emlan).

Speaking of emlan, if you haven't noticed already, the throw attack Ms Cartwright was animating is also her brainchild. We wub u, ems.

From the latest stream - BURST (for when Oujo-sama had enough of your loopy shenanigans)
The design kinda gives me Aztec vibes.

0ro6wxX.png

It's nice to see Sekhmet. Poor lass needs to get out more.:PUN:

Last edited:
Looking at Samson and Leviathan, it seems that parasites are a shape-shifting being bound with a unchangeable foundation of the host body.

That being said, with Eliza and Sekhmet it almost looks like the parasite/host roles have been exchanged, doesn't it.

Maybe it's Eliza that's the parasite and Sekhmet is her host. Or Eliza is the bone creature inside of Sekhmet's bloody shapeshifting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back