• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Her Parasite is as Deadly as her Beauty - it's the Blood Goddess Eliza!!! Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it is, but now that I think about it Latino is far too broad a term to use.
Well maybe Alex wanted it to be kept vague? Or she's like, Hispanic-American or something?

it looks like a tag in but im not sure
That's actually a fairly good guess. I'll take one for the team and hassle someone who might know...
@Maji is the chariot animation Eliza's tag-in?

I'm not sure what Eliza is supposed to be.
Neither are the experts on the subject.

Aren't Brazilians also considered latino/a?
Latino (or Hispanic) refers to the natives of Spanish-speaking countries.
Brazil's official language is Portuguese.

Head canon accepted good sir!
He's gotta fund his experiments somehow. Maybe the Medici are the middlemen in the chimera-smuggling trade.

Well maybe Alex wanted it to be kept vague?
Yeah that sounds about right, I be the's just making people brown just for the sake of diversity and creativity.
I mean if I wasn't told that Fortune was supposed to be "Latino" I wouldn't have guessed it.

Last edited:
Latino (or Hispanic) refers to the natives of Spanish-speaking countries.
Brazil's official language is Portuguese.

I thought Latino was a person from Latin America.
And Hispanic is someone from a Spanish speaking country.
I dunno.

No Box, Balder's correct.

He's actually not correct, sorry about that.

Last edited:
yeah these semantics are cool and all but check out this toaster that can also cook eggs
egg-toaster-combination.jpg

Alternatively, go back to talking about goddamn eliza or whatever

yeah these semantics are cool and all but check out this toaster that can also cook eggs
egg-toaster-combination.jpg

Alternatively, go back to talking about goddamn eliza or whatever
holy-rollins.gif

HOLD THE FUCK UP, THAT THING TOASTS BREAD AND COOKS EGGS!?

Does Eliza have one of those toasters
Only the latest appliances for day to day convince.

That actually brings up a interesting subject though, Eliza is technically butts old and she would of seen the evolution of technology and she would of had to adapted to it, less she raises suspicions.

If they use the "blood drops" from the video of the prototype I wonder if they can make a palette to make every drop with a different colour and give Eliza a turkish ice cream vendor palette, after all it seems they are good with sticks.

Oh sorry I didn't read Balder's post closely enough. Yeah Latino and Hispanic are not the same thing, remember that.

Shame on you Balder, and shame on me for not paying more attention.
JK Balder you're awesome.

Eliza is technically butts old and she would of seen the evolution of technology and she would of had to adapted to it, less she raises suspicions.
I'unno... she's a diva by trade. If anything, being tech-savvy would blow her cover more quickly.:PUN:
But wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Peacock leave her baffled. And I bet she'll mistake poor Mr Birdland for a walking sarcophagus.

Just cause the US uses the two interchangably doesn't mean they are the same.
Latinoyo~n <:3

Don't look at me. We don't make that distinction over here and just refer to folks by their nationalities.
Seems "Latino" is a broader term that encompasses both Hispanics and Brazilians. Well, we're always learning. Maldita sejas, Bella!

So about that on topic discussion, eh? Namely... not toasters.

Also, forewarned: If you think I'm being strict in here now, just wait until Eliza drops into the Beta and this sub-forum actually becomes gameplay discussion hub. Hoo boy am I going to go to town in here. Warnings all over the shop.
Gonna be a bloodbath.:PUN:

EDIT: (Only partially serious. When she does drop into the beta though I will be stricter in here since people will actually be coming to this forum for real Eliza discussion. Right now it's pretty lax because all the discussions in here are pretty frivolous and speculative.)

I'unno... she's a diva by trade. If anything, being tech-savvy would blow her cover more quickly.:PUN:
But wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Peacock leave her baffled. And I bet she'll mistake poor Mr Birdland for a walking sarcophagus.
I don't expect her to be a genius just 'up to date'?

It's not like she time traveled into the present (or did she? *coughAeonIsaaccough*), she's just lived a long time. She'd have just as much time to adjust as anyone else.

It's not like she time traveled into the present (or did she? *coughAeonIsaaccough*), she's just lived a long time. She'd have just as much time to adjust as anyone else.
Well the difference is that she actually lived during a time when that technology wasn't present so she has a different perspective on it. It would be cool to see that slip through in her dialogue, like mentioning how cars are so much faster than chariots.

Hmm, true. It's still cool she probably saw evolution of society.

Well the difference is that she actually lived during a time when that technology wasn't present so she has a different perspective on it. It would be cool to see that slip through in her dialogue, like mentioning how it's nice not having to take a chariot everywhere with these cars around.
That too.

Oh sorry I didn't read Balder's post closely enough. Yeah Latino and Hispanic are not the same thing, remember that.

Shame on you Balder, and shame on me for not paying more attention.
JK Balder you're awesome.

while "Latino" is more frequently used to refer more generally to anyone of Latin American origin/ancestry

The term latino is used to refer to males only or a combination of males and females in a group, whereas the term Latina is used to refer to females only.

So I was actually NEVER wrong.
About anything.
Cause we weren't talking about a group with a combination or people.
Only two girls.
What a relief.

Reactions: Balder
What are you talking about, you're still wrong. The only thing I corrected you on was telling me to use Latina when Latino was just as viable. The only thing I was wrong about was saying that Balder was right when he said that Latino and Hispanic are the same thing.

EDIT: Wikipedia is sometimes unreliable, Latino can still be used when referring to individual people of any gender.

What are you talking about, you're still wrong. The only thing I corrected you on was telling me to use Latina when Latino was just as viable. The only thing I was wrong about was saying that Balder was right when he said that Latino and Hispanic are the same thing.

EDIT: Wikipedia is sometimes unreliable, Latino can still be used when referring to individual people of any gender.

I'm like 90% sure that Latino or Latinos only refers to women if you're discussing a group with both men and women.
But if you say Latina or Latinas you're specifically talking about women or a group of women only.
Cause it's like that with every other spanish adjective, I don't know why it'd be different.

I'm like 90% sure that Latino or Latinos only refers to women if you're discussing a group with both men and women.
Well it doesn't matter how sure you are, that's how it is. "Latino" is weird, this is why I hate using the term.

Can we go back to talking about Eliza please?

When referring to a group of both men and women, the masculine form is used. When the group is exclusively female, the feminine form. I won't say that there might not be a local custom of referring to a all female group as "Latino" but as a proper rule, what TheMightyBox said is correct. It's the same base rule in my native language.

My mistake was from erroneously stating that Brazilians are not Latino. They are. Just not Hispanic.
So...who wants to discuss the ancient Egyptian race and if Cleopatra was of Greek heritage or not?:PUN:

Anyway, to add something a bit more serious to the topic proper and on the matter of Eliza's ability to remain "trendy", lets not forget the blood drive. Fairly certain that managing such a thing, both installations and facade requires considerable savviness.
That said, I'll stand aside and await for news, streams or something noteworthy. I fear our thirst for knowledge is becoming more and more demanding.

There is no proper rule with the word Latino and it's distinction with Latina. Honestly Box could be both right and wrong here because it largely depends on where the word is being used and by whom. I grew up almost never hearing the word Latina and to this day it still bothers me when people use it because I'm not used to hearing it.

Trust me Balder, we don't really about the distinction and we tend to use Latino much more than Latina simply because it's more convenient. To me it seems that only people who are scared about not being politically correct worry about that insignificant garbage.

Last edited:
There is no proper rule with the word Latino and it's distinction with Latina. Honestly Box could be both right and wrong here because it largely depends on where the word is being used and by whom. I grew up almost never hearing the word Latina and to this day it still bothers me when people use it because I'm not used to hearing it.

Trust me Balder, we don't really about the distinction and we tend to use Latino much more than Latina simply because it's more convenient. to me it seems that only people who are scared about not being politically correct worry about that insignificant garbage.
is that really the case? every one is almost all correct in their conjuation of that phrase
for those who don't know and im sorry if it has been repeated but
group of people with both genders: Latinos
Just males: Latinos
Just females: Latinas
Also was it ever canonically stated that Eliza is actually the Skullgirls equivalent to egyptian, or is she just a poser who likes egyptian stuff?

Is that really the case?
Yes, for most of my life that's the way it's been. I didn't hear the word Latina being commonly used as a distinction from Latino until my family moved to a predominantly white neighborhood.

Guys, guys, seriously, it's fine. If that's the way he says it then let him say it that way.

To answer Death; uhh... I think she's Egyptian...? I don't see why she isn't?

Guys, guys, seriously, it's fine. If that's the way he says it then let him say it that way.

To answer Death; uhh... I think she's Egyptian...? I don't see why she isn't?
Alex stated her current look is based on her old identity plus we see her sporting the Egyptian look with Samson and Deliah.
Eliza_Concept_2.jpg

Eliza is top tier and she ain't even out yet, yo.

Reactions: Wenzel
Status
Not open for further replies.