• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Her Parasite is as Deadly as her Beauty - it's the Blood Goddess Eliza!!! Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe there was ever a time when I disliked this character.
TO be honest, I was neutral with Eliza and I was jsut happy she wasn't Stanley or Minette.
Then she really, REALLY grew on me, she's kinda wrestling with Squigly for my favourite character spot.

Reactions: Φ
TO be honest, I was neutral with Eliza and I was jsut happy she wasn't Stanley or Minette.
Then she really, REALLY grew on me, she's kinda wrestling with Squigly for my favourite character spot.
Pretty much this.

Just replace Squigly with Fukua.

It's okay, we still love you. <3
Get that heart away from me, I will cut you.
TO be honest, I was neutral with Eliza and I was just happy she wasn't Stanley or Minette.
It's kind of the same for me, I voted for Eliza out of spite when Beowulf lost the first vote. As long as it wasn't the magical girl or the fish waitress I was content. I guess she just brought up bad memories and that's why I disliked her for a while. That's all behind me now.

Get that heart away from me, I will cut you.
</3 Oh...

Part of me still wishes Eliza was Adam or Scythana but afte all these animation streams and forum speculation I've become a fan. Now I'm hyped to see how she'll actually play.

It's kind of the same for me, I voted for Eliza out of spite when Beowulf lost the first vote. As long as it wasn't the magical girl or the fish waitress I was content. I guess she just brought up bad memories and that's why I disliked her for a while. That's all behind me now.
YOU WHAT NOW

My closest guess would be Nubian, but considering this is Skullgirls I'd just say that she's just ambiguously brown.

I'm sure this discussion of race is over but I just wanted to point out how correct you are

1. Yes she would be Nubian, because to be Egyptian nowadays does not necessarily mean black while Nubian refers specifically to the darker skinned Egyptian
2.more than likely she's just considered ambiguously black

To note as well, Cerebella comes off as Brazilian or at least Dominican while Ms fortune comes off as Puerto Rican or Dominican

Eliza looks great, can't wait for her release on consoles(which could take a while). BUT, she's no Ileum.

Why does this thread conglomerate all the salt of the characters who lost when people can just complain in their own threads

I'm talking about a bunch of people, no one specific. Except maybe DDB but he's pretty much a gimme.

Reactions: blufang
To note as well, Cerebella comes off as Brazilian or at least Dominican while Ms fortune comes off as Puerto Rican or Dominican
Don't lump those groups together man, they're very different and it's kind of offensive.

>They act as back-up for Eliza as she does most of the fighting as soon as she gets an excuse to, otherwise they act as moral support for her.
I was re-reading Eliza's lore specs and...I love the fact that Albus and Horace are mostly just for show, jfc.

That sentence makes Eliza sound like she really enjoys fighting, she's getting better and better every day.

That sentence makes Eliza sound like she really enjoys fighting, she's getting better and better every day.
Nice to actually have someone who wants to fight, GOING ALL OUT, HELL YEAH.

Nice to actually have someone who wants to fight, GOING ALL OUT, HELL YEAH.
After thousands of years of living maybe a worthy opponent is the only thing that makes her feel alive anymore.
I would love to see Eliza and Beowulf go at it.

After thousands of years of living maybe a worthy opponent is the only thing that makes her feel alive anymore.
Well that dream will soon be a reality, just give it a few months, haha.

Barbara Goodson confirmed to be Eliza's voice actress
s4BWjX5.jpg

Reactions: YoYoCheese
I can't believe there was ever a time when I disliked this character.
But you've found your way.:PUN:

.I was re-reading Eliza's lore specs and...I love the fact that Albus and Horace are mostly just for show, jfc.
They're there to reinforce the facade that she's harmless.

@Pfantzypantz
Why you keep the good stuff from us? But now I know where to look; bless all you folks for having easy-to-figure Tumblr accounts.
Don't be shy to showcase your work more often, which is to say, do the opposite of what I do. <:3

Anyway, what better time for our gleaming sun to bless us with her radiance then Summer?
Late August (Or maybe early September because we all know the drill - SOMETHING's gonna happen.) sounds good. Would go with my prediction of the Beowulf streams starting in September (maybe earlier).

Eliza is pretty great, yeah.

I guess

I will always walk the Way of the Wulf, Eliza is just my scenic route.
I guess you can see it as a nice sidetrack until the 'Wulf is done.

Anyway, what better time for our gleaming sun to bless us with her radiance then Summer?
Late August (Or maybe early September because we all know the drill - SOMETHING's gonna happen.) sounds good. Would go with my prediction of the Beowulf streams starting in September (maybe earlier).

I'm honestly hoping the beta release will be on my birthday, it's quite farfetched but I BELIEVE.

Reactions: Denizen
I know this kind of nitpicky, but Fortune isn't the only character to use puns, it's just puns are her thing.
I mean all the dialogue in the story mode's get pretty cheesy with the puns. Big Band's story in particular made my head spin. So yeah, potentially any character could make a play on words or pun in reference to each other.

Oh look at me derailing the conversation again just after the conversation on characters ethnicity had finally died out...

Fortune Vs Eliza Win quote: "Why don't you walk on home like an Egyptian?"

I doubt the company that does the ratings for Skullgirls will let them use that win quote :p

Also if we're doing that I got a win quote for Fortune vs Eliza: "I guess ya' saaset to leave"
(Its a reference to Iusaaset http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iusaaset cant really rely on it but still)
its not the best ;-;

Reactions: Kiwiantay
maybe im not getting the reference but why would that get the ratings board to change the rating?

maybe im not getting the reference but why would that get the ratings board to change the rating?

Because it might be offensive towards Egyptians Arcana

Eliza is from Not-Egypt, where she was a priestess in the not-pyramids before she found a parasite named after the not-Egyptian goddess of healing.

Eliza isn't happy when people aren't praising her, so stop talking about this "Egypt" and keep talking about how great and wonderful Ojousama is.
U1u4YwA.png

But seriously her music is too good.

I got a question

What does "Oujo" mean
I mean I saw Balder calling her that and just kinda went with it

Status
Not open for further replies.