• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Hyrule Warriors [Name Now Final] - A Collaboration Between Nintendo and Tecmo Koei for Wii U

This is one game (among others) that makes me damn close to buying a wii u.
I'm on the edge of buying one, but there's not anything on it that I go "I really really need to play that" just a bunch of stuff that I go "well that looks kind of cool."

Reactions: destruction_adv
I honestly wanna know some more details

they already indirectly confirmed multiple playable characters, it seems
so I just wanna see what that entails and how much of the game is Link doing Link things

I hope it doesn't take too long to come out in the US. Some of the Warrior games take a long time to be localized.
Since they announced it at Nintendo Direct, It would seem they'd be on their A-game for translating this one.

You've all played Dynasty Warriors, right? I think I can state with confidence that people are getting way to excited for this game, and I say that as a fan of the warriors franchise. This game will be ok at best.

Reactions: DDB
my favorite musou is ken's rage

i don't care how it compares to the core series if this game has heart I will love it

Reactions: Calypsx
I haven't played Dynasty Warriors much, but I played One Piece Pirate Warriors, which is similarly a third party franchise given a Warriors treatment, and it's honestly one of my favorite games to play on the PS3.

No, it won't be groundbreaking, but honestly after the sequence in Skyward Sword where you're running down the spiral hill to save Zelda with at least 300 Bokoblins onscreen that you just slice through, I wanted a musou game so bad for Zelda that I must have fucking willed it into existence.

The difference is the characters. You can do so much more with beloved characters with a rich history (One Piece, Fist of the North Star, Zelda) than you can with fairly historically accurate real-life Chinese warlords.

Last edited:
I'm being serious about Lu Bu. He's one of the most notable characters in the Dynasty Warriors series, on account of his early appearance, his insane difficulty, and the fact the game usually says in one way or another "DO NOT ENGAGE THIS FUCKER!!!!"
Some sort of shoutout in the game would be cool.

I'm being serious about Lu Bu. He's one of the most notable characters in the Dynasty Warriors series, on account of his early appearance, his insane difficulty, and the fact the game usually says in one way or another "DO NOT ENGAGE THIS FUCKER!!!!"
he's also totaly not notable because of those giant stupid feathers on his head. that definitely isnt a part of his memorability

Here's a fun game to play.

Click this link here and see what you get. That thing is now represented in this game as a playable character, enemy, location or item. Post your results and reaction in a spoiler box.

200px-Toto.png

Toto playable. Badass old man Zora who fights with his cane. I'd be down as hell.

Reactions: Jutsei
Here's a fun game to play.

Click this link here and see what you get. That thing is now represented in this game as a playable character, enemy, location or item. Post your results and reaction in a spoiler box.

200px-Toto.png

Toto playable. Badass old man Zora who fights with his cane. I'd be down as hell.
I got ganon.
Well, that was boring.

I got Link the Goron

not Goron Link, that one Goron that shares whatever you named Link at the start
i'm okay with this

Reactions: Goodbye18000
I got....
75px-Injured_Link.png

I got Twilight Princess.

just the word twilight princess.

Glad somewhere the internet knows I truly am a pretty princess.

Talking about minor characters, I'd actually love it if Iron Knuckles had their own army, with Rebonack commanding them from his hovering armored steed. I've always wanted to play as an Iron Knuckle in a Zelda game, so it would be like a dream come true for me.

Heck, a whole army of Temple monsters might be even better. A playable Helmethead would almost be like a giant armored Ms. Fortune!

Ganon being the Lu Bu of the game would be great, coming around wrecking everyone and very difficult to fend off.

not Tingle, the BALLOON.

fml

What if it was an item, allowing Link to fly over territory walls straight into the base spawning enemies/granting them higher attack.

That would be pretty sweet, though Tadakatsu Hondam would like his gimmick mode back.

people actually like those dynasty warrior games?
Its literally just mashing buttons against a sea of enemies who barely even fight back....
Those games feel like Tech demos lol.

people actually like those dynasty warrior games?
Its literally just mashing buttons against a sea of enemies who barely even fight back....
Those games feel like Tech demos lol.
It's pure mindless fun. Sometimes, you just want to seemlessly defeat hundred of enemies with a few button presses and flashy nonsensical moves.

EDIT: SHIT, THERE WAS SOMETHING SHARP IN THIS SMALLER FISH!

Seriously though.
I hope somehow a bunch of characters from Termina show up.
I don't care if they're the Skeletons, the Dekus, the Zoras, or the goddamned Happy Mask Salesman putting on the Giant's Mask and going all Titan on people.
I want shit from Termina.

Seriously though.
I hope somehow a bunch of characters from Termina show up.
I don't care if they're the Skeletons, the Dekus, the Zoras, or the goddamned Happy Mask Salesman putting on the Giant's Mask and going all Titan on people.
I want shit from Termina.
So what you're saying is, skull kid better be playable.

This game have some potential.

I mean... almost any zelda game states that there has been some war, somewhere, some time that ended up with things like they are now...

why can't we actually SEE one of these wars?

i'm specially hyped to se OoT's hyrule Wars

Yes: WARS! there was one before the game started, that led to link being abandoned in kokiri forest and raised by the f**ing bearded tree and another war against Ganondorf while link was taking the sword of time and going to the ruined world.

I just want to mash buttons and wreck shit, cause I use it for after-school catharsis.

But this time with Zelda characters instead of One Piece ones.

why can't we actually SEE one of these wars?
Yeah, that always bugged me too. When Link's gone, people are apparently fighting wars and getting stuff done, but when Link shows up, they're just walking around in circles looking for their shoes and shit.

Y'know, I bet the wars weren't even that intense. That's how Ganondorf had all that free time to learn the organ!

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Looks fairly intense to me.
Check out that Moblin on the left with the big smile. He ain't even worried! It was probably like a day at the gym.

Seriously though, I never noticed in that art how some of the humans are wearing different helmets, and actually look like they're fighting each other. I always figured the human soldiers were corrupted by magic after the wars, but there were probably a lot that played a voluntary role in Ganon's armies too. That might explain where some of the Stalfos/Darknuts/etc. came from.

Ugh, now I'm getting the wiki-itch. Gotta hold it back!

well, if you think about OoT, the war would be more or less like

Ganon + gerudo main force + bandits regardless of the race + any dark stuff he could summon (expect big monsters)

vs

Zelda + Sheikhan clan + the few gerudo rebels + Goron race + Zora race (river only) + hyrule royal guard

Random innocents/neutral forces: civillians, Kokiris (forest only)

enough forces to fint 10+ characters to make the game. they made Hokuto musou with more or less this quantity anyway

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
So, /v/ Rumor Mill!
This was posted on Gamefaqs and Smashboards so I might as well pass the information along
Cliffsnotes:
Only iconic Zelda characters are Zelda, Link, Ganondorf, Impa
25+ characters, many of them are brand new/original characters
Fully voiced (except for Link, who grunts)
Playable Seven Sages
Playable Zora, Goron, and Deku
Story Mode only has Link, but unlockables let you use other characters
Link has switchable items, other characters only have one, but have more combo strings and musous to compensate.
Guest characters: Pit, Samus, Takamaru, each one will have a "redesign" to better fit the setting.

If any of this is true, I'm fine with it.
Saving iconic characters for a sequel seems like a smart idea, but who knws?