• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Hyrule Warriors [Name Now Final] - A Collaboration Between Nintendo and Tecmo Koei for Wii U

I still think it's crazy to add in Ruto and Tingle considering the story they have
yeah, but you wanna know what the difference is between Ruto/Tingle and the characters of Link's Awakening?
the former continue to exist

What the hell is Linebeck gonna do.

Except be a charming and dapper sea-dog.

I don't care what y'all think, Marin would be great. The only problem is what her attacks would be as the only thing she does is sing, talk about seagulls, being a dick to the crane guy, and land on link.
120px-Photo06.gif

That if they make her kinda sadistic and some what rude like she is in the game. Though I kinda want Grim Creeper and Evil Eagle in, mostly because they would be the only other characters that would work. Other than maybe Mr. Wright.

Also calling it now Phantom Zelda for DS character.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
You know none of this is canon, right? And that in the already non-canon story, the DLC characters don't even appear?

I don't care what y'all think, Marin would be great. The only problem is what her attacks would be as the only thing she does is sing, talk about seagulls, being a dick to the crane guy, and land on link.
120px-Photo06.gif

That if they make her kinda sadistic and some what rude like she is in the game. Though I kinda want Grim Creeper and Evil Eagle in, mostly because they would be the only other characters that would work. Other than maybe Mr. Wright.

Also calling it now Phantom Zelda for DS character.
We could also go the same route they did and make costumes for the characters. Like a Marin skin for Zelda or something. They could do that for a number of characters past just the one Twilight Princess Zelda skin

Did anyone even fight in that game because I never played it
It was ok for what it was as one of the first handheld Zelda game.

I'd say it's far more then just ok. It's every bit as enjoyable as any other title in the franchise, and has some unique strength's of its own. I'd say it's a must play actually.

Who woulda guessed. It was the character that everybody guessed.
tumblr_o4odjhArSk1sntotwo1_1280.png

Still no idea on how she'll play, but uh, she's certainly got a neckline.

I mean, there wasn't, really, anyone else it could've been.
Except the whale :0

I mean, there wasn't, really, anyone else it could've been.
Except the whale :0
Well except the Grim Creeper and Evil Eagle, though their relevants compared to Marin is almost non existent
Get fucking hype for dumbass seagull combos I guess.
Hey man, calm yo self. Seagulls are terrifying.

If you hear a dial tone, it was me, because I ca-...
Sigh.
I can't even finish it.
Get fucking hype for dumbass seagull combos I guess.

I don't understand, are you hating on Link's Awakening, or just Marion getting in?

Honestly, Awakening is great and probably better then Link To The Past in many regards.

It was the first game in the franchise that elevated the plot/atmosphere beyond excuse plot territory, and made people actually give a shit about the characters and world. And it dipped into melancholy themes that would pave the way for the franchise's magnum opus (Majora's Mask). In that department I think it holds up really well, even today.

It also added the Roc's Feather which allowed you to jump at will (!!!) which made combat and exploration a lot more fun overall then any previous game. The dungeons themselves also had much more challenging puzzles then any of the previous games (though nothing compared to Oracle of Ages/Seasons), while still maintaining a nice fast pace and a good amount of combat.

It's a great game, and it's nice to see some love for it now.

Also what is this about seagulls? I barely remember Marion being able to attack with seagulls or anything. The whole island is connected to The Wind Fish anyway so it would make more sense for her to have some sort of "dream magic" based powers, or something.

Reactions: KaboomKid
I just don't care because I never played the game
Why trash something you don't know anything about then?

And besides, if you're a fan of the series, you probably should play it. Honestly, it's a big link in the evolution of the series, it's right about where Nintendo went from excuse plot to some genuine emotion and atmosphere, as well as more complex dungeon design and puzzles then key-hunts, and on both fronts it still holds its own. It deserves a lot of love to be honest.

Ok then as someone who played it.

Links awakening is a decent game for what it was but Maron wasn't that memorable of a character and i felt the idea to have her instead of someone from say the oracle games is a waste.

Reactions: Jutsei
Ok then as someone who played it.

Links awakening is a decent game for what it was but Maron wasn't that memorable of a character and i felt the idea to have her instead of someone from say the oracle games is a waste.

As someone who's played it at least 3-4 times, I respectfully disagree ^_^ Awakening is far more then "decent", and it is far more then decent by the standards of the franchise as a whole, not just "for what it was".

The Oracle games are only notable for gameplay, and maybe one or two cute side-characters (Maple) who are really no better in terms of minimal characterization and fighting ability (and a lot of the characters were simply drafted from other games as well). Otherwise the Oracle duo-logy are a return to the excuse plots of Link To The Past and before. They have no real atmosphere and nothing interesting going on thematically, and are driven purely by their incredible dungeon design (which is itself an evolution of Awakening's dungeon design). I don't mind not seeing anyone from there represented because it was the puzzles and bosses that were memorable, not the atmosphere or characters.

Marion is as memorable as an rpg character of the time can be. She has minimal characterization (as almost every Zelda character does), but her and Links story arc is pretty memorable and anyone who grew up with the game will probably associate it with some degree of pathos. Having a call back to it is great stuff imo and a wicked nostalgia bomb. Even if you didn't grow up with the game though, it's absolutely on the same level of quality as the rest of the franchise and holds up well compared to any other series entry, so if you like Zelda you should like Awakening. Fans of Wind Waker and Majora's Mask also owe it to themselves to give it a shot, as it has some important thematic parallels with those games.

Awakening's strength is the overall theme and atmosphere, on top of a very effective crystallization of the modern Zelda formula. IMO if you were to pick up Awakening, Link To The Past, or Zelda 1 right now, today, Awakening would probably give you the most fun by far as well as the thickest atmosphere. As such, I don't see any problem whatsoever in picking Awakening over...uhhh...whatever tiny part of the franchise hasn't been referenced or represented already. When was the last time Awakening got any representation anyway?

Last edited:
I'd say Marin is recognizable and memorable, but she's the only character in that game who was.
Aside from the whale and the mario enemies I guess :0

goomba dlc when

For real though, have people forgotten all these great moments with Marin in Awakening? I dunno how you can say she's not a memorable character.

For those who do not know, the Sea Llly Bell was, if you did the Dungeons in order, the 3rd of the 8 Instruments of the Sirens. The others were (in order) the Full Moon Cello, Conch Horn, Surf Harp, Wind Marimba, Coral Triangle, Organ of Evening Calm and the Thunder Drum.

I can see the Surf Harp becoming a Harp Variant for Sheik.

Here's a Link To the Instruments themselves. You can see the Bell in Zeriam's image is the same as in the official art, and I love they are keeping te bell as close to the original form if it turns out to be her weapon. I just want to hear how they remix the Ballad of the Wind Fish for this update.

So, it's safe to say that the whale will show up somewhere in her moveset?
I'm calling it now.

and they said the seagull combos would be for Marin

Wow those yells certainly, most definitely do not make my ears bleed.

At least Marin's not using another harp.

At least Marin's not using another harp.
Quit beating a dead horse.

Also, a Lyre and a Harp have different structures and tones.

Still with the Pegasus Boots now represented, of the traditional weapons that leaves the Ice Rod and the Roc Feather unrepresented.

Linkle is also cemented as being literally The Elf from Dragon's Crown.

Quit beating a dead horse.

Also, a Lyre and a Harp have different structures and tones.

Still with the Pegasus Boots now represented, of the traditional weapons that leaves the Ice Rod and the Roc Feather unrepresented.
You're a lyre. They're pretty similar.

You're a lyre. They're pretty similar.

stop harping on him bro, he just doesn't understand

Think there's any chance they might port it again to Switch? I loved the original enough that I really wouldn't mind rebuying the game for all the Legends goodies, but only on hardware that can actually handle it.