• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

I used to have some respect for Peacock players who PBGC into the punch move...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to have some respect for MMDS until I found out he told Fanatiq that Valentine is the worst character in the game. You lucked out with such an accurate tier list for so little execution.
By worst, I mean least best character.

Edit: And no one has ever had respect for me -_-

Last edited:
pbgc into a dp isn't hard though?

does the thought of being beaten by :QCF::P: instead of :DP::P: make your blood boil or something??

So..... You're complaining about MP BANG being :QCF::P: instead of :DP::P:???? Like old_gus said, :DP::P: is NOT hard to do at all. If you ask me, both of these inputs are equally easy to do. Why does it have to be so hard to do MP BANG anyways? There is NO reason for special moves and super moves to have high execution, PERIOD! Also, would you like to explain why MP BANG is OP? I figured players like you would know how to deal with moves like MP BANG, but I guess not....

Until I found out the punch move is just a fireball and not an uppercut recently
I read fireball as projectile and actually had to check if BANG! was a projectile. After making sure I was not going crazy, I spent a few minutes trying to understand why the hell a Peacock would PBGC into sHP. Took me a while to understand you were complaining about inputs for some reason.

I don't get it

I hate being beaten in smash cuz someone pressed the b button while tilting to the side :(

Of all the things that are hard in this game, DPs are not one of them.

2015-12-05_00-35-00.png

By worst, I mean least best character.

Edit: And no one has ever had respect for me -_-

Say it ain't so, MMDS... Say it ain't so...

#ValentineFoLyfe

It's a good move. You guys should abuse it the way you do. I just always thought it was a much more difficult execution than it actually is. Glad to see people in this community still like to comment and talk. I like sparking up conversations.

And yes, PBGC into uppercut is much more difficult than PBGC fireball.

You can get the hang of PBGC uppercut the same way you can with fireball. I really don't see a difference. By that logic you shouldn't respect anyone for using fukua's drill, yourself included!

Also when someone linked me this thread I thought it was going to be a random player and then it turned out to be MMDS complaining. What a fucking M I X U P

Last edited:
There is a difference, notably the > coming before the V.

:3

You can get the hang of PBGC uppercut the same way you can with fireball. I really don't see a difference. By that logic you shouldn't respect anyone for using fukua's drill, yourself included!

Also when someone linked me this thread I thought it was going to be a random player and then it turned out to be MMDS complaining. What a fucking M I X U P
But I am a random player :(

And people linking top players to the thread? Lord Voldemort's dark mark has hit the skies...

But I am a random player :(

And people linking top players to the thread? Lord Voldemort's dark mark has hit the skies...
It was on twitter not too long ago iirc? Can't remember who posted it.

also mmds follow me back on twitter you poohead

So..... You're complaining about MP BANG being :QCF::P: instead of :DP::P:???? Like old_gus said, :DP::P: is NOT hard to do at all. If you ask me, both of these inputs are equally easy to do. Why does it have to be so hard to do MP BANG anyways? There is NO reason for special moves and super moves to have high execution, PERIOD! Also, would you like to explain why MP BANG is OP? I figured players like you would know how to deal with moves like MP BANG, but I guess not....
You do know it is 100x more difficult to do it as a PBGC because you have to commit to pressing forward which makes you vulnerable of getting hit rather than doing a half circle forward where if you mess up you get to block?

You're argument would be more valid if the PBGC left the equation.

You do know it is 100x more difficult to do it as a PBGC because you have to commit to pressing forward which makes you vulnerable of getting hit rather than doing a half circle forward where if you mess up you get to block?
I know you have a hard time doing DPs, Dan, and I also know you don't know you can throw Peacock out of The Punch Move.
That aside:
D,DF,F,hold B + hit button.
F,D,DF, hold B + hit button.
It ain't no harder to OS a block in PBGC'ing either one.

You're argument would be more valid if the PBGC left the equation.
I must be missing something here. When you intend to do a reversal PBGC, you are typically buffering your motion input during the pushblock animation. Pressing forward before doing down > downforward does not make you any more vulnerable unless you happened to press forward before your pushblock for whatever reason, in which case, you are already doing it wrong.

I must be missing something here. When you intend to do a reversal PBGC, you are typically buffering your motion input during the pushblock animation. Pressing forward before doing down > downforward does not make you any more vulnerable unless you happened to press forward before your pushblock for whatever reason, in which case, you are already doing it wrong.
Yes I agree, but if you mess up a dragon punch, you are more prone to getting hit, whereas if you mess up the timing for a fireball, you have the option to block. If we are talking perfect execution, then there is no difference. I agree with all of you.

Both of these require you to commit to a forward action which leaves you vulnerable.
fY8qTAR.png

Yes I agree, but if you mess up a dragon punch, you are more prone to getting hit, whereas if you mess up the timing for a fireball, you have the option to block. If we are talking perfect execution, then there is no difference. I agree with all of you.
Dan, you're hurting my head. Each of them ends with forward directions.
If you do the motion early, and return to Back before pressing the button, they are both equally risky/safe.

I can only imagine that the source of this is that Dan has even sloppier DP inputs than I do.

Seriously, I've gotten level 3 while doing stancels. I suck.

I can only imagine that the source of this is that Dan has even sloppier DP inputs than I do.

Squigly's level 3 isn't a dp though. No one's is ._.

I've gotten TK H sekhmets/ground H sekhmets when I wanted H eliza DP multiple times. Yeaaaaah.

Dan, you're hurting my head. Each of them ends with forward directions.
If you do the motion early, and return to Back before pressing the button, they are both equally risky/safe.
If you do the motion early, and you end with forward but mess up, both moves get punished. Yes you are right in this example.
If you do the motion late, and one move starts with forward, but the other move starts with back, only the move that starts with forward will get hit.

Squigly's level 3 isn't a dp though. No one's is ._.
I think he is trying to say he sucks at DPs

Reactions: GrunkleBarlowe
What Dan said. I can do pretzels while inputting flash kick

I'm pretty sure mashing 623 and 236 as a reversal are identical in difficulty, especially once you realize that the mashed versions look like 623623623623623 and 236236236236236 respectively.

Reactions: missingno
If you do the motion late, and one move starts with forward, but the other move starts with back, only the move that starts with forward will get hit.
I don't see how this makes any relevant difference.
Let's say each directional input takes one (ridiculously small) unit of time.
Both situations start from a pushblock, in which you'll be holding your stick back.
For the quarter circle forward motion you'll go: back, down back, down, down forward, forward. That's 5 units of time and you're blocking the the first two of them.
For the dragon punch motion you'll go: back, forward, down, down forward. That's 4 units of time and you're blocking in the first one of them.
The quarter circle motion does have one extra unit of time in which you'll be blocking. But it's such a ridiculously small window of time that it's unlikely that it will make any difference. And that's all in a very specific frame in which this even relevant.
Am I missing something with this?

Last edited:
If you do the motion late, and one move starts with forward, but the other move starts with back
One move starts with forward and the other starts with down. Where are you getting back from?

If you do the motion early, and you end with forward but mess up, both moves get punished. Yes you are right in this example.

I think he is trying to say he sucks at DPs

The only way this is even relevant is if you happen to press back during the very end of the pbgc period, in which case, wtf you are doing everything wrong already.

I don't think you realize how bad your argument looks

Lol pbgc punch move thingy is just as hard and unsafe as pbgc dp?

... I've heard it all now. The only thing that makes both moves have anywhere near the same amount of unsafety is doing pb autoguard into either or since autoguard makes the pbgc literally brain dead on either account. Assuming that you don't have autoguard protecting you then the dp version is way more unsafe.

But meh punch move anyways.

The real pbgc cheese/reversal cheese is Gregor for obvious reasons I shouldn't have to spell out. Give that Gregor a safe on block dhc and good luck making filia block anything.

Pbgc punch move... So 2013

lol

Wait pbgc into h drill is a QCF????? do you not respect Fukua players either?

Status
Not open for further replies.