• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Idea for EVO, please help!

Which option do you think is most convenient to do this? (Please read the thread first!)

• Code donations

Votes: 26 70.3%
  • Money donations

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Both

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters
I can only say good luck.

Working on four more copies.

Should have my 2 in by friday if possible... then 4 more the following week

OK, it's time to start the pledging process. Before I collect the gift copies, I need a bit of information from those who are gifting copies.

Copy the following info:

# of copies
Skullheart Handle
SRK Handle
PSN Handle
360 Handle
Steam Handle
Preferred consoles
How much of this information do you want shared with recipients
How many copies are just for participants of EVO
How many copies are for people who try out the game
How many copies are for either (priority given to participants unless specified)
How many leftover copies do you want back, if any (the other ones will be given away at events in a similar fashion)

And click here to let me know in a private message.

I sent you a private message a couple of days ago, don't know if you received it or not

@Arnaud_R @Verdant Brave @MagicManCooker and anyone else donating codes: add me on Steam (guitalex) and gift me the copies you're pledging. Might take a while, but I'm already in Vegas for EVO.

So far we have nearly 50 copies, which is pretty badass.

Sooooooo... any idea when those codes, from the Eliza tournament, will be given out?

Sooooooo... any idea when those codes, from the Eliza tournament, will be given out?
@render has all the emails, so it was only right to give him all the copies so he could give them. In retrospect, me having them meant having to get emails from other people, and that's sort of sketchy area since then they would be sharing everyone's emails with a third party.

This is much better.

I just sent gift copies of Skullgirls over Steam to the following people:

Shadow Phantom, CJ_Iwakura, DarkSteel, Tristin, Icarus, Brian, TheDon323, Milo, josh,
@.42., @AtroxChobatsu, @BrandX+, @Broken Loose, @Dawn111, @Domo, @Elda Taluda, @fastturtle, @FuLLBLeeD, @guitalex2007, @Hirokuni, @POS Industries, @Izzmo, @juan., @Kongk4, @MegamanDS, @Mike_Z, @NeonNightRider, @RurouniLoneWolf, @Shadowfury333

Yes, I know some of you already have it. But these are for you to give to someone else. Give them to your aunt, your cousin, your adoring fans on twitter - I don't care. But you should know that Big Band is no longer free after today, so tell whoever you give it to that they should go download him RIGHT NOW.

Also I have a bunch more of these. Should I just pick random people on the main tournament entrants list to give copies to? Halp.

Also I didn't organize this! It was all the community! You guys are all awesome!

Also I have a bunch more of these. Should I just pick random people on the main tournament entrants list to give copies to? Halp.
What about the popular streamers like Dekillsage and Hops and others to give away on stream to people who want to get into the game?

@render

"An error was encountered while processing your request:

This gift has already been redeemed."

Welp...

I just sent gift copies of Skullgirls over Steam to the following people:
Mike Z
Yes, I know some of you already have it.
You sure about that?
evil_stare200.gif

Still, nice job organizing this everyone!

I'm gonna give it out on my main forum; I'm sure there's at least 1 person who would love to play but hasn't gone in.

@render

Welp...
same thing happened to me. Maybe there's something fishy going on, idk.

Now give Stuff a copy I heard he doesn't own a single copy of skullgirls and went to evo just for that reason.

(What I mean to say is, may I have a copy?)

I had a friend in Vegas buy me breakfast while I was out there, so she got a video game.

Now give Stuff a copy I heard he doesn't own a single copy of skullgirls and went to evo just for that reason.

(What I mean to say is, may I have a copy?)
Did you enter the Eliza tourney?

@render

Welp...

wtf, really? I'll try resending it or something. not sure what happened.

ARRRGG this shit took me like an hour

@Stuff - uhhh I sent you one? You didn't get it?

Oh shit. I figured it out.

GUESS WHAT. Steam doesn't remove gift items from your inventory immediately. Fucking awesome. Why in the world would it leave them there? arg arg arg

What about the popular streamers like Dekillsage and Hops and others to give away on stream to people who want to get into the game?

This is a really good idea. Someone give me a list of people to contact. Make this easy for me so I can go back to working on Eliza. :[

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Oh I did! Thanks Render

quadruple post ftw

why the fuck would Steam let you do that, I'm so angry

EDIT: the "you" above is not referring to you, the reader of this post
EDIT: Stuff ruined my 4-hit post combo :(

Check your inventories. That happened to me recently. When receiving a trade it told me an error, then we both checked our inventories and they actually went through even though we got an error.

omg this is going to drive me nuts. There's no way I can know for that people got their copy and the "gift history" only shows that 5 people have redeemed one.

@Izzmo and @Kongk4 - I'm gonna try to send you guys another one. Please let me know if it gets through.

@render Yeah, I'm having the "This gift has already been redeemed." issue too it seems. I tried doing it through both the Steam client and the browser, and restarting Steam and its not working.

Yeah me too. Well it doesn't matter I guess. Steam is a jerk but don't feel rushed to do it. Do it whenever there's time.

Have you tried using trade offers instead of gifting?
That might work better, it's what I do when I give away games.

Edit
Actually now that I think about it a bit more, that's not a good idea at all unless you can somehow add all of those people to your friends list.

Yeah take your time, its not super urgent or anything.

Have you tried using trade offers instead of gifting?
That might work better, it's what I do when I give away games.

Edit
Actually now that I think about it a bit more, that's not a good idea at all unless you can somehow add all of those people to your friends list.
Well if @render is up for it. I could trade him Sakura Spirit. :P

(Don't ask why I have it there)

Redeemed mine no problem! Thanks render! I can't wait to gift it :)

@render Never received it
If you have Gmail, check the Promotions tab. That's where mine was.

Also I would love a copy to give to a friend who wants to try the game sometime, if you still have a lot and don't know what to do with them.
[Recieved, thanks!]

Last edited:
Also I would love a copy to give to a friend who wants to try the game sometime, if you still have a lot and don't know what to do with them.

I have an extra copy for a reason I don't remember that I can give ya, I'll send you a friend request.

Well it's been 12ish hours now and I still have yet to get it. (neither from Comcast or Steam)

Last edited:
Well it's been 12ish hours now and I still have yet to get it. (neither from Comcast or Steam)
ditto

wtf steeaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmm

Okay, thanks for letting me know, guys. Sorry for the hassle with this. =/