• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible Ideas Thread - No L0 developers Allowed <3

I really want an Incarnation to be a Hungry Rice.

He could have some sea weed or cut peppers that give him eyes and the chop sticks make eye brows.

I imagine he could slobber all over a monster to make them take more damage from his attacks, or make him a tank that heals himself when he hits a slobbered target.

When low on health he could say " WHITE RICE NEEDS FOOD BADLY " and his super phrase would be " Feeeeeeed me Ajna! FEED ME NOW!"
I would imagine he'd have a voice very similar to the Venus fly trap from Little shop of horror.

Also I would like achievements or something of the sort that Unlock Alt costumes for every character. Obviously not model changes but recolors would be great! Maybe you get a recolor after you perform their loyalty quest?

My next idea to make Indivisible lively is, when Ajna, or any Incarnation performs an Iddhi Art, the visual effect for each character must pop up every time an Iddhi Art is executed, just like on Skullgirls. Oh, and a twinkle effect for it.

@the_rpg_king I hope they get an animation instead of just an image.

Reactions: the_rpg_king
@the_rpg_king I hope they get an animation instead of just an image.
I hope so, too so Indivisible's battle system will be livelier than ever. It inspires me to see what has it turned into...

-some moves had an ex version if you input a move like a quarter circle input( like ryu in smash ) the plus to doing it would be varied like status aliments or faster attack downside would be you'd have to find out which move have ex

-or how about characters with charged action slots. Like if they have an available action slot they can hold down there button making the move more powerful. plus side be makes moves stronger with a bit of super armor ( as long as you have super armor you still take damage but you get to preform your move regardless ) downside they're stuck charging and since holding down the button to charge they can't really defend

- moves that interrupt the oppenent turn like a quick attack that stops the monsters before it hits you. plus side the move is fast with decent charge speed downside it's weak move and can only interrupt monsters move at certain time so you have to time it properly and doesn't charge up the iddhi meter the best

-different weights. the way the prototype is you have to time your combos because if you don't you'll miss your target but the monsters don't need to worry about that because everyone get's knock back/up and get back into place around the same time. So maybe some incarnations are lighter than others so they gey knock up higher meaning when monsters try to combo them the monster misses. Or how about some heavy incarnations who don't get knocked back as far as the rest of the team so when the monsters do their combos the heavy incarnation can be used as a shield while everyone is getting back into place

just ideas though.this might not be good ideas in the end

If there's going to be a Polynesian-inspired NPC or incarnation, I think he/she should be carefully named or else we would need to up the security on the forums.

Around a decade ago, a certain franchise used polynesian words for its characters and such. Some people didn't take kindly to the appropriation and hacked a fan forum that wouldn't fixed until 2 years later.

That answers the initial "why?", but inspires another, perhaps even bigger "why?".

Reactions: Cheesedragon
An idea I had after discussion about voice acting:

Imagine if there were text boxes, say by a set of characters having conversation, and you could climb/platform on the text boxes! I have no clue how this could make sense in story. Maybe a trippy dream sequence about rehearsing for an opera or something? If it could work, though, I think it would be a very cool way to play with the medium.

That answers the initial "why?", but inspires another, perhaps even bigger "why?".
Maori-speakers don't like their words being used for a toyline.

I would like to see a combo counter similar to SkullGirls.

that one might make it in the game. then again Mike might just say "too bad kid you need to git gud and learn when you're combo-ing or not."

I think they actually worked on that during one of the dev streams.

I would like some incarnations (Anja included) being able to counterattack some attacks. If you have at least 1vl in stock (in the hindi meter) you can be able to counter (also some enemies can counterattack as well). Be able to detect enemies and items (or treasures and key items) from a distance depending on the incarnation you are using. In the PS4 version I would like the 2nd screen (via PlayStation companion app) to be used for the map or a quick item screen in or outside of battle.

Last edited:
Man, i sure am glad there's a dedicated thread for all these horrible, horrible ideas.

I'm reluctant to add to the crap-heap, but there is one, plausible idea I'd like to see.

On the indiegogo page where it shows Naga Rider giving examples of how attacks worked, shown here:

a8jyknag7ikeonmqoktb.png

I noticed that Rider's attacks are really small and tame compared to the wild attacks we see in the prototype. I acknowledged, initially, that they were that way for the sake of demonstrating the battle system. But then i got to thinking.

What if Rider had a maximum of nine actions slots, each imput resulting in weaker attacks, that he could chain together, with the last attack being big and wild resulting in a knockdown and such.

An example combo would be Neutral (jabs) > Down (goes down and sweep kicks) > Up (Twirls and transfers that momentum into a flashy shoryuken), dealing as much damage total as a normal characters single-action-slot attack, with the difference being that he has a bunch of different combinations to choose from, with tiny cooldown/meter variances for each small attack.

Yeah, if i explained this poorly, just think Marth's Side B. But possibly with a different finisher for every combination.

Reactions: jam1220 and Fumako
Just went and looked up some kamen rider footage.

Then i thought naga rider could totally have different "transformations". Just change his color pallette then he can be just like kamen rider. I don't know what would cause the change game play wise but i would be neat.

Last edited:
Alright, there's been way too much content of this lately for me not to think about it.

Yep...Ajna x Zebei. I know, I know.....but it's there, and to my surprise, I actually don't mind it.

So if by some chance this actually became a real thing in the game, then I'm thinking it better be a cute as hell sidequest. Like, Tungar would be Zebei's love coach, and whenever Ajna returned to the Inner Realm, you'd sometimes see the two of them huddled together and break off as soon as she got close. Zebei would play it cool for a while, but over time he'd start sounding nervous and asking her more personal questions. Then Ajna would start finding little gifts for her scattered throughout the inner realm with upgrades attached to them, and the last one she finds towards the end of the game finally has Zebei's name inside it or something.

Like, we don't need to see 'em holding hands or nuthin. It could just be one of those things that makes you really want to put this guy on your team as you're about to jump into the final battle. They could leave the rest to our imaginations (or maybe one of those nifty Stretch Goal endings).

Last edited:
Backer NPC's having a minimum of two unique dialogues based on what character they interact with (based on how they're implemented yadda yadda) would be nice.

The only other thing I got is an area of the game that you fight "invincible" enemies in these airpockets. And the goal is not to kill the enemy through attacking more and more but knocking them back out of the air pocket to kill them. Like drown them in water or just go lava idk.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Backer NPC's having a minimum of two unique dialogues based on what character they interact with (based on how they're implemented yadda yadda) would be nice.

The only other thing I got is an area of the game that you fight "invincible" enemies in these airpockets. And the goal is not to kill the enemy through attacking more and more but knocking them back out of the air pocket to kill them. Like drown them in water or just go lava idk.
I've been hoping that we can use in-battle combos to knock enemies out of battle and into hazards for a while now. Likewise, I think the prototype-bug where you lose party members by having them knocked onto platforms out-of-range is really interesting and could be purposefully used to make some interesting challenges.

Reactions: KaboomKid
@KaboomKid looking at the cast zebei really does seem like the only choice. Unless they decide to legend of korra and send ajna on "vacation" with razmi

Reactions: KaboomKid
I never really thought about it before, but you're right. Not a lot of the other guys (that would have a chance) appear to be around Ajna's age in the line up. Closest other ones are probably Tenoch or Antoine, who don't seem like her type, and we already know Ren is going straight to creeper-tier once everyone gets to know him.

I can actually imagine Narssus being the dude to set the bar though. Outside of battle, I feel like that guy's going to be a total romanticist. Nobody's going to be able to appreciate the joys of life as much as him, and since he's been a zombie for so long, he might still have the mind of a younger man that Ajna could relate to. Zebei would definitely still have to do his best to impress!

You people are forgetting the BEST CHARACTER for possible romantic moments!

Earl- I mean- NAGA RIDER!

Outside of battle Naga Rider will take off his helmet and he'll look pretty much like Earl [100% Pretty Boy Status] And it'll be Ajna (The player) making the move on him, but so will many of the other female characters; Ren will be just super jealous and try to kill Naga. In the end Naga will respect Ajna's feeling but HE MUST PROTECT THE WORLD, so they must keep their relationship separate until they have vanquished all evil in the world once and for all.

...Will there even be any player narrative choice? I was under the impression against it, on account of Metroid + Chrono Trigger. Fewer dialog options, more "maybe the story changes based on the order in which you do things... if we can fit that in."

@the knocked on platform glitch.
It'd be cool if you could like use one of your action bars to temporarily manually move your characters. But that would require that everyone get a jump animation. It could work like this.

Hold r2 then press character button this uses up one bar but puts that character into "position adjustment" mode. And when that mode is finished they stay in and go back to that position until you move their spot again.

You guys are forgetting the true ship Dhar x Ajna. This is the truest of ships.

I will always and eternally pray that every character will have unlock-able pallet changes. Maybe get them from their side quest or from using them in the final fight? I just like unlocking stuff though...

Nah, the best that Dhar's getting is Ren. You don't get Ajna after messing with dear old dad. He might get a handshake from her if he's a good boy though.

Nah, the best that Dhar's getting is Ren. You don't get Ajna after messing with dear old dad. He might get a handshake from her if he's a good boy though.

Character development my friend. By the end of the game I'm sure Dhar will be very sorry for burning villages.

Character development my friend. By the end of the game I'm sure Dhar will be very sorry for burning villages.
I dunno man, usually killing the fam is a boner killer in any situation.

(Im totally up for optional romance sidequests tho)

my bet is on Dhar "taking the bullet" as they say. He's gonna have his own character ark where he'll support Ajna's quest on saving the world although very reluctantly at first.

Hence the handshake. Love? Nuh uh. This is Ajna we're talkin' about, not Bulma. The girl's got standards, and only a pointy nose is poised to meet them!

Seriously though, I'm thinking Dhar's arc is going to be less pronounced than a character like Zuko's. From what we know, he'll be going almost instantly from an asshole to a slave in Ajna's mind, so he's probably going to be a dick for a good while. I'm really looking forward to seeing (or hearing, if we're lucky) the sort of dialogue they give him.

On that note, talking about stuff besides Indivisiships, I had some recent thoughts about that Animated Opening. I was remembering how well limited animation was used in games like Megaman Zero and Vandal Hearts for major in-game events, and it made me think of how some of the assets from Indivisible's opening might be able to get reused in a similar way at other points in the game. Maybe a short sequence, like a power-up loop, could be slightly extended to highlight a big moment midgame, or one of Ajna's animations could be inserted into different splash arts and used for Chapter breaks. I think with some smart planning, they could definitely get a lot of mileage out of that work beyond just the opening, so I hope they're considering the options.

Reactions: Tank
I like the idea but that always felt a little lazy to me, depending how much it is used. I still cry evertim over the fact that we never got original art for the super cards );

I'd like to speculate about possible future guest Incarnations, because... well, from what I read in Polygon, we're supposed to get more of them, right? Maybe another three guest characters? That would be awesome and I'm sure it will bring at least another $200k can of hype fuel. Shantae, of course, would be that hype fuel, especially after the Cloud-will-be-in-Smash reveal. As for characters from Undertale, well... I'm not sure. Undyne would fit in the Indivisible world, I think, but considering that Undertale already has a toxic group in the fandom... just look at this.[/QUOTE
Whoa when did that happen!? Man what the heck is wrong with people these days?

I would like to see death animations. Now I don't mean over the top gruesome animations I mean quick comedic deaths in error of you in platforming, combat, or dialoug similar to this.

Death animations.gif

So yeah something similar to this or Dragons Lair and Space Ace

I don't think that will happen since platforming is prolly not going to be lethal.

Man, those adventure games always had some of the best sprite work.

Yeah, situational death animations would be kinda neat here, but they probably wouldn't go for anything too crazy. Worst I can think of would be Ajna drowning in an underwater section or something. Otherwise, most of the deaths will probably be in battle, where she'll most likely be knocked out in such a way that you could still potentially revive her.

Out-of-Battle status effects could be a thing though! Like seeing Ajna struggling with poison, or limping from a wound, or even just looking scared/nervous when she's standing in a dark room.

Fun, situational death animations were one of my favorite parts of the Crash Bandicoot games. Unfortunately, Lab Zero would have to hand-draw every single one- possibly multiple times for different weapons- and that would take a lot of extra time and effort compared to the benefit from them. Plus, I don't get the impression Indivisible's supposed to be as cartoony. And I think Mike said something about no instant platforming deaths so as to encourage exploration.

Still, there might be room for fun in-battle. For instance, Lanshi could "play dead."

I have another even crazier idea for this game: live action cut scenes! Something like this (Took me a while to find this. An old comic book by Alan Moore)
http://imgur.com/afh8V5q

This will not (for obvious reasons) happen I know but while I was rereading this the other day I thought to myself "Wow imagine if this was in the game!" Oh well one can dream. Well what do you guys think? Crazy and outrageous right?

2D > 3D

Reactions: ArgonBern