• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

Was there any ever doubt? Skullgirls was the same.

edit: oh, damn. Shoulda scrolled down.

Just like Skullgirls.

Really? Skullgirls was 2.5d?

Really? Skullgirls was 2.5d?
You have played the game right?
Or wait, maybe you didn't notice because Skullgirls is GOOD 2.5D

Is she going to have a leap forward animtaion or a back-to-standing-after-running one?

OK forreal y'all are SEVERELY underestimating how awesome this game is gonna be, ESPECIALLY in the realm of animation.
OF COURSE she's gonna have animations for when she transitions between actions, who do you think Lab Zero is???

That's like basic shit too, a way better question would be whether the environment will change her animations, like will her hair and skirt billow if she's in a windy area?

If the cat room stays in the Technical Prototype, you will make me regret donating money to SGDQ and not leaving as much money to donate to Indivisible.

Last edited:
Is she going to have a leap forward animtaion or a back-to-standing-after-running one?
She has both to-run and from-run animations in that video. They're the same length as SG's. They aren't super long because why would they be super long? :^)

Seeing the progress so far made me so happy. I usually do enjoy games have 2.5D graphics. Keep up the great work!

Wow they're so short I didn't even notice them. Well, once the game is more polished it should look more fluid.

Wow they're so short I didn't even notice them. Once she's more polished it should look more fluid.
She's as polished as she's getting for the prototype, for that bit anyway. You don't WANT them longer because then if you wanna turn around you have to either interrupt it (looks bad) or wait for it to finish (feels terrible, try Valkyrie Profile). Lots of animations in this game are at 1s though, so in a 30fps video you miss half of it.
Samus' equivalent anims are literally 2f, for example, and MMX's are 0f.

What's with this line of thought? :^P

Lots of animations in this game are at 1s though, so in a 30fps video you miss half of it.
Sounds like a game that looks gorgeous at 60fps
What's with this line of thought? :^P
It was a misinformed line of thought, thanks for setting me straight.
and sorry for wasting your time

Just curiosity, her sprites, are the same for the both sides, or you guys did different sprites for the directions?

Reactions: MooseHogBro
It was a misinformed line of thought, thanks for setting me straight.
and sorry for wasting your time
Nah, I didn't mean that, I meant - what were you expecting that you didn't see? Long flowing recovery from movement?

Just curiosity, her sprites, are the same for the both sides, or you guys did different sprites for the directions?
Definitely the same, for the prototype. Gotta get it done. :^)
Depending on the final budget, possibly different per side for the final game.

Nah, I didn't mean that, I meant - what were you expecting that you didn't see? Long flowing recovery from movement?
Considering what long flowing recovery means in this context, yeah I guess I was expecting something like that, like a short step or a little slide when she turns.
I see now why that's impractical though.

Considering what long flowing recovery means in this context, yeah I guess I was expecting something like that, like a short step or a little slide when she turns.
Oh, that's different from recovery. And yeah, we'd probably do that that'd be the same length from-run + to-run together...but, not for no prototype.

from what I've seen of the prototype footage,
the run speed is good.

good job guys.

When did you guys start production? Just this month? If so, that's a lot of progress in such little time.

Also, is it the exact same team? Mike, Alex, Mariel etc.?

I cannot be happier, strange.

from what I've seen of the prototype footage,
the run speed is good.
It's basic. :^P

When did you guys start production? Just this month? If so, that's a lot of progress in such little time.
Also, is it the exact same team? Mike, Alex, Mariel etc.?
Same team, yes. When did we start work? No comment, but not very long ago. It's not production, it's pre-pre-production. After the crowdfunding would be pre-production, then production. :^P

and basic is good.
like, the things I'm hoping to come from this game are simple.

Same team, yes. When did we start work? No comment, but not very long ago. It's not production, it's pre-pre-production. After the crowdfunding would be pre-production, then production. :^P
Is the composer of Secret of Mana working on this right?, 'cause the trailer theme sounded really good, also, would be a good idea to implement double jump in this game?

god don't you guys know anything

it's
  1. pre-pre-production
  2. pre-production
  3. production
  4. DLC production
  5. release
  6. wrap party
  7. after party
  8. after-after party
  9. nebulous after-after-after party/pre-pre-pre-production
very simple

cocaine happens during #6 and #7, power-drunk team members split off to start their own studios after #8, and actually getting to play videogames happens never

it's like you've never seen this before

Forreal tho let's try not to ask the guy questions that've already been answered a dozen times, or tell him to put things in the game.

This is the big one.

Can you add double jump? Seriously? :/
Sorry, i was just curious, i wasn't saying those things with the bad intention, i'm sorry if i have bothered someone for this, it's just that i was very interested on this and so, well, maybe i should read before post, so, sorry again ):

Sorry, i was just curious, i wasn't saying those things with the bad intention, i'm sorry if i have bothered someone for this, it's just that i was very interested on this and so, well, maybe i should read before post, so, sorry again ):
I doubt you bothered anyone, it's just a matter of thinking about things before you make suggestions. A double jump is just such a common thing in platformer; it hardly needed anyone asking for its inclusion.

And, beyond that, it's just flat out too early to be suggesting things at all (if ever).

Reactions: Denizen
I doubt you bothered anyone, it's just a matter of thinking about things before you make suggestions. A double jump is just such a common thing in platformer; it hardly needed anyone asking for its inclusion.

And, beyond that, it's just flat out too early to be suggesting things at all (if ever).
I see, i'll think before writing, offtopic, You were the voice of Beowulf in SG right? I assume that because of the "Beowulf" in your profile, so, if you were the voice of him, how was the recording process?, because your voice sounds hilarious but fitting for the character, i also loved the interaction between Annie and Beowulf itself, it was really good actually.

PD: Also, it would be nice if your voice appeared in this game, maybe as a support character?, not that i'm suggesting or something, is just a thing that crossed my mind, not trying to be offensive or annoying.

god don't you guys know anything

it's
  1. pre-pre-production
  2. pre-production
  3. production
  4. DLC production
  5. release
  6. wrap party
  7. after party
  8. after-after party
  9. nebulous after-after-after party/pre-pre-pre-production
I'm not sure I understand this. The launch party never stops.

My question is how am I going to attended both launch parties at the same time?

Reactions: Kai
I see, i'll think before writing, offtopic, You were the voice of Beowulf in SG right? I assume that because of the "Beowulf" in your profile, so, if you were the voice of him, how was the recording process?, because your voice sounds hilarious but fitting for the character, i also loved the interaction between Annie and Beowulf itself, it was really good actually.

PD: Also, it would be nice if your voice appeared in this game, maybe as a support character?, not that i'm suggesting or something, is just a thing that crossed my mind, not trying to be offensive or annoying.
I'm glad you liked my performance, it was great fun. I actually made a thread for this, so feel free to ask me any question there, and not here, so we can keep this thread on topic :)

But on the topic of Indivisible, and me, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

So I'm guessing that Indivisible's plot is about separation?

When's Asura?
:PUN:
More seriously, are there any major myths to keep an eye out for? IE Where a Western European game might reference King Arthur, or a Mesopotamian setting could have Gilgamesh and the occasional B-52 reference, is there anything "Southeast Asia" tends to indicate? A "Masamune Equivalent" or that sort of thing?

Thanks!

Reactions: MooseHogBro
Or I can say no right now!
(^.^)
See, @Demifiend? Easy as that!
@Kai you have to elbow your way into this game somehow.
Too late, Mike banished me to the shadow realm.

But seriously, they know I'd do it. If they want me for something, they'll call me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Anxiously awaiting a Beowulf cameo now
But NOT as Beowulf which would ruin how he'd fit in, BUT AS

Uhhhh

Baowolf
which is NOT Beowulf

Or I can say no right now!
(^.^)
Talking about things to say no to, you guys mentioned how VP was like having one ultra customizable fighting character and that Indi will be inspired by it, but not the same thing, same for SM.

Thing is: replayability in things like equipment (different gear with different stats (if that's what they're going to do) that do different things), party members and sequence of completition (which was discussed as sequence breaking here).

One thing is finishing the game twice with different party members (don't know if that was possible in VP but any FF comes to mind), another is replaying the game acquiring the same items again with little variation, which could have been changed with sequence breaking for the order of acquirement. I liked games like SotN or any Metroid but replaying them and thinking about this seemed more like a chore than having fun again or trying to play differently from before (I can't into sequence breaking). It was discussed that, given your history with SM, sequence breaking or just more openness is going to be considered, even though I don't know how/if you responded to that.

tl;dr goes here

So the question is:

Is the team going to consider replayability as in different ways to beat the game apart from different courses of action?

Please note that with "consider" I mean "thinking if one thing is going to be good if implemented or trashing it" and I don't know if that is in pre-pre-production or pre-production. Budget must also apply I think since balancing can be a pain in the ass (different party members easier, different gear fhard scratch that).