• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

Update!

BackerKit Surveys Coming Soon
Hey, backers! Hope you had a good weekend and enjoyed the last update!

Today’s update focuses on campaign logistics: fulfillment of goods and upgrades.

The Indivisible campaign will be fulfilling with the help of the excellent BackerKit service - if you’ve crowdfunded other projects, you’ve probably have some experience with BackerKit and know how easy it is to use.

Once we set everything in motion, you’ll receive a BackerKit survey at the e-mail address you contributed from. Clicking the link will let you fill out your mailing address and any other information. You can update that information any time in the future before the final shipments go out.

The only rewards we’ll be sending out now are the Steam codes for How to Survive and Brothers - everything else will be distributed in early 2018 when the game ships. If you’ll recall, all contributors receive a code for How To Survive, and all contributors $100 and over also received a code for Brothers!

Tier Upgrades Through BackerKit

Additionally, you’ll be able to upgrade your contribution using BackerKit’s store features any time before the game ships.

Once the BackerKit surveys go out, we will no longer be accepting tier upgrade contributions through Indiegogo, and will only accept BackerKit upgrades.

New contributions, however, can still be made through Indiegogo.

The BackerKit upgrades will be handled via their store interface, and will be limited to tiers up to the $500 “Patron” tier.

Furthermore, if you you’ve previously tried to upgrade manually through Indiegogo by combining multiple contributions, please make sure BackerKit has you starting out at the correct tier! If your tier is incorrect, please contact indiegogo (at) labzerogames (dot) com and we’ll try to resolve things as quickly as possible.

Upgrade Campaign

When the BackerKit surveys go out, we’ll also be revealing mock-ups of some of the physical goods that didn’t have them before, namely the backer-exclusive Limited Edition Physical Version, the T-Shirt, and Giclee print.

While none of these designs are final, we think being able to see roughly what we have in mind for these items may entice those of you who are considering upgrading and help us reach the next stretch goal.

Removing Patron Saint Tier

Finally, on July 11th, 2016 we’ll be discontinuing the Patron Saint Tier. So if you’d like to contribute at that level or upgrade to that tier, please do so before then, because there won’t be another chance to in the future.

Nice. Looks like I'll be able to get that statue afterall.

Still disappointed at the shoe-in games... Already have How to Survive, and Brothers wasn't very fun (have the ps4 version). It was neat, but meh.

in some ways i'm a bit sad about the patron saint being removed. I totally understand why and all and I couldn't even donate if I wanted to because im tight on cash, still sad the opportunity itself is going away.

Dont take this as me complaining though, i dont want it to seem that way.

I haven't done these backer surveys before- how long do you typically have to fill them out? I honestly don't know where I'll live in 2018.

I mean I don't know the types of enemy attacks that are gonna be in the game so area of effect attacks and random targeting may have changed already or don't work the way I think they work. from what's in the prototype it seems like you'd definitely not get everyone hit with certain attacks if you could reposition. but I can't argue "I don't like it" without being too annoying so I guess that's that.
Enemies walk toward your current spot until they are within X distance, then they hit you. I suppose you could dodge like the Belu's big strikes with some characters, maybe, but not very much.
I mean, I'd also have to limit you to a set distance around your starting point.

I'm mostly worried about the optimal route through the game requiring that sort of thing. If that's the case I probably won't end up speedrunning it. I would prefer either for it to be easier to skip fights in that way, OR for it to be impossible; either one would be fine by me.
Speedruns generally abuse bugs, though. And this was a bug that I made a slightly-less-difficult bug.
There are non-developer-intended hard parts in most speedruns, so you probably won't end up speedrunning it in any case? :^P

We aren't taking it that way - I don't think you are able to write in a non-negative manner. :^)

@The Dave
I'm pretty sure you can change your address later, by contacting someone appropriate, even if you fill it out now.

in some ways i'm a bit sad about the patron saint being removed. I totally understand why and all and I couldn't even donate if I wanted to because im tight on cash, still sad the opportunity itself is going away.

Least you didn't have a friend from japan make a mock up for the tier for you that'll never be used now haha.

I haven't done these backer surveys before- how long do you typically have to fill them out? I honestly don't know where I'll live in 2018.
You can update that information any time in the future before the final shipments go out.

The space between you and the enemies in a fight was a thing that bothered me a bit in the Proto, as sometimes you got pushed up against the wall with them and somehow miss your attacks. Figured it was a bug and thought you guys knew about it so never brought it up.

@Magma442
As of now, you have 3f to press Jump after walking off a ledge and you will still jump. Pretty much every good platform game has this extra fake window, and the prototype didn't! That should fix all your "jump didn't respond" problems.

The space between you and the enemies in a fight was a thing that bothered me a bit in the Proto, as sometimes you got pushed up against the wall with them and somehow miss your attacks. Figured it was a bug and thought you guys knew about it so never brought it up.
Yeah, all that stuff will be way better when we actually make battles for realsies. :^)

@Magma442
As of now, you have 3f to press Jump after walking off a ledge and you will still jump. Pretty much every good platform game has this extra fake window, and the prototype didn't! That should fix all your "jump didn't respond" problems.
I didn't actually know this. I've always thought this a feature platformers should have. Apparently they've always had it and I'm just bad. w i l d

Thank you for the tidbit. I didn't know that either, pretty interesting. Now when I replay some of my favorite platformers I'll keep on the lookout for that fake window.

Oh. Will I be able to put my big characters on the bottom and back slots and my tiny character in the top row to completely eclipse the tiny character?

Thank you for the tidbit. I didn't know that either, pretty interesting. Now when I replay some of my favorite platformers I'll keep on the lookout for that fake window.
It's three frames, how could you- oh. Right. Fighting games.

I actually noticed the fact that the ledge window was missing. Thought it was a design choice and just took the jumps a tad earlier.

I didn't actually know this. I've always thought this a feature platformers should have. Apparently they've always had it and I'm just bad. w i l d
It really depends on the game. I know SotN had it, and the Bloodstained demo seems like it gives you like 5-6 frames, you can quite intentionally jump super late.
Super Metroid has it for I think 1-2f, etc etc. I don't think the Megaman games have it, actually, they just made him super wide instead. And quite a few other platform games don't have it, even games that are appreciated widely.

There's a buffer on most things in games that feel good - Super Metroid and the later Castlevanias also allow you to press the Jump button again before you land, and you will buffer a jump when you do land. The Indivisible prototype has that, I just didn't have the tech to do the late-jump window, but now I do so I did. :^) It already has a 3f buffer on basically every action that involves a button, hahah.

Oh. Will I be able to put my big characters on the bottom and back slots and my tiny character in the top row to completely eclipse the tiny character?
Sure, why not? You wanna handicap yourself, go nuts.

Sure, why not? You wanna handicap yourself, go nuts.
Makes me wonder what other awkward positions characters would make at the right moment.

Any news on whether the Lab Zero panel at AX is going to be streamed or filmed?

most likely filmed. I remember Mike asking for someone to bring a camera, one that had good quality to it.

Never mind Mary just tweeted that she's 5'7" and Ajna is supposed to be 5'1". Is it a blown up cardboard cut out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It took me a second to realize who you were talking about. Does she ever call herself Mary? I always thought it was just Mariel.

Sent from my SM-G928R4 using Tapatalk

Well I'm using tap talk through my phone and it kept autocorrecting Mariel and Kinuko

Reactions: @J-Boogie
Not. Ever.
::scaredly looks around::
Oops what does she go by, Kinuko?

Her name is Mariel, so if thats what you were typing thats fine, just pretty funny that it autocorrected it to another name haha. She goes by Kinuko too I guess.
I don't know!
I assume at least one of those things. :^S
Ok cool, I'm sure any reveals will reach us pretty soon anyway. Have a fun time!

Is there a Roti at the booth too? There needs to be a picture of Giant Ajna and Roti together!

cool combo thing that also shows some little neat defense stuff
What was was the defense stuff?

ah Persona... Never change.

the face he's making reminds me of: "Mmmmh That'sa spicy meatball~!"

no we are not doing that meme.

We are SkullGirls. We MAKE our own Memes here. Don't you remember the montra of the SG Illuminati?
Doesn't Ms. Fortune talk about the cheeseburger meme?

Doesn't Ms. Fortune talk about the cheeseburger meme?
i'm talking about the SG Illuminati here. They work with different memes. Ms. Fortune also turns that cheeseburger meme into a pun due to the fact that she is cat and calls Bella racist if she makes the comment.

BUT REALLY INDIVISIBLE SHOULD NOT HAVE MEMES HERE. So let's just move along before Mike takes notice. [He's kinda like Sauron's Eye, always there watching...]

Last edited:
no we are not doing that meme.

We are SkullGirls. We MAKE our own Memes here. Don't you remember the montra of the SG Illuminati?
Uhh about that:
image.jpeg

sigh...

welp.

I'm going to get the rope.

Spread it around. just... just do it. it might get to new people.