• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

Damn, it's in a playable state already? Hipe.
Well Duh. This is Mike Z we're talking about. A man who puts his heart into programming, and personally i think many people should be inspired by him. This is one of the many reasons why i feel confident on Indivisible's success, that everyone in LZ puts their heart and soul into their work. I have nothing but love and respect for these people and I hope i can measure up even a fraction of what the LZ crew can do. That's how good I feel these people are. And I'm happy that they talk to us and are active in this community.

Possible stupid question: Will the game have its own forum?

Will it be on here? Or elsewherE?
I second this question.

I'm curious: what about it made it seem like the requirements were way higher?
For the Strider game? I think it's really strange how they handled it. Even though the game also came out on PS3 and 360, and only looks slightly more complex than something like Trine 2, it's actually more picky about your specs than Arkham City and Metal Gear Rising. I was only able to run it decently on lower settings myself (or close as I could get, since they don't offer many GFX options), and a lot of people couldn't even run it because of either the 64-bit or DX11 requirements.

It's not an unusual situation, and the requirements weren't totally unreasonable given the age of this hardware, but it still seemed like an unnecessary jump for a downloadable title suited for lastgen. Unfortunately their decision locked out some potential PC players, and I think it's great that Indivisible will be able to avoid that problem while still looking and playing wonderfully.

Oh, just remembered an idea for if i ever make an rpg (doubtful)

Make an item that makes hearts/something similar appear called the Cube of Quinn

:PUN::PUN:Cookie if u get it.:PUN::PUN:

Another question that i was having is, how are weapons going to be optimized?, if they aren't going to be sold, i assume that each weapon has "Levels", that, when the most enemies you kill, you train not only yourself but the weapon too, like for example, "Axe" your initial weapon has Lv.1, but each time you kill an enemy and you grow experience that weapon can be turned into a Lv.2, and the weapon changes accordingly to the lvl, until, for example, let's say Lv.10 that is your limit with all the experience, and maybe skills unlocked, in fact, another legit question is: ¿Is there going to be various models of the same weapon?, like Magic Axe, Super Axe, Demon Axe, Celestial Axe,etc. for putting an example.

Guys. Have we considered if there are even going to be weapons? It's not like it's never happened where a game just focuses on the character's progression and not the equipment. Especially in ARPGs and exploration games. Honestly I thought Ajna was cool enough with her little axe.

I want Indivisible to be fun.

I hope Indivisible has great feedback :^)

I want Indivisible to be fun.

I hope Indivisible has great feedback :^)
*Pats Midiman on the back*

Don't worry dude. I have a feeling that Indivisible is going to be great both in gameplay and in story. And for feedback we'll do all that we can to help. we at least owe that much to Lab Zero for making Skull Girls so great, aye?

He loves it so much he as to split it into two words in order to keep his love for the game contained

Question; Will Ajna be voiced?

a lot of animation and different drawings per frame, it is same to assume that the game will not feature different equipment for Ajna, right? I mean, different clothes at least, because that would be too much to do with 2d graphics, i can see some changes to her axe, and the possibility of a second form with 3 eyes.
Yeah, I don't see FFXIII-3 Lightning's Dress-Up Simulator level of armor and custom costuming. Perhaps palette swaps or different colored chakra auras?
Question; Will Ajna be voiced?
I don't see why not. I imagine they'll get a cast that can pull off several regional accents to match the diverse cast. Or they can go full Tekken and have characters speaking in the country-of-origin languages.

Okay, Lab Zero thing is hand drawn sprites (is the name sprite for this specific style or sprites are limited to pixel art things?), a lot of animation and different drawings per frame, it is same to assume that the game will not feature different equipment for Ajna, right? I mean, different clothes at least,
This is not a safe assumption, though some of it depends on funding. We do know exactly how much easier it was to do Robo-Fortune as redraws, for example.

And also, it was said that you guys are looking for to be able to put one giant world together if possible right? What is the alternative if the budget/time/other limitations, don't allow this to happen?
That's more meant as "we wanna do that if we can get it to work tech-wise", so there aren't really many alternatives because we're gonna try and make that work. ;^)

Reactions: Denizen and Ktulu
Super Metroid, Valkyrie Profile, Secret of Mana, OK that's three games I have to play before the Indivisible Prototype is released, am I missing anything???

Super Metroid, Valkyrie Profile, Secret of Mana, OK that's three games I have to play before the Indivisible Prototype is released, am I missing anything???

Yes. Play Super Metroid more than once. It's crazy good.

am I missing anything???
Don't forget Alundra! And be sure to keep your fridge/freezer fully stocked, cuz those are gonna be some long weekends!

Reactions: Squire Grooktook
one thing is right, L0 realy like to make female protagonists
Not a bad thing tho, waifus 4 life.

"A waifu a day keeps society away" - Some random yet very knowledgeable fellow i met in Dota 2.

fukken SotN but maybe that's obvious.

Every New Year's Eve -> New Year's Day.
Another Question (I love questioning), if the World is as big as Super Metroid or intended to be bigger (Depending on the budget and some financial business right here and there) Are Flying pets/dragons/birds or anything that let's you fly going into the game?, like in Secret or Legend of Mana?, or you'll have short cuts instead?, because with such a big world you'll need a flying thing to explore everything, or at least a way for the players to go to the point, let's say, Area D to Area A without having to travel through Area C & B respectively, and good luck with the work, is getting awesome with each update ;)

Another Question (I love questioning), if the World is as big as Super Metroid or intended to be bigger (Depending on the budget and some financial business right here and there) Are Flying pets/dragons/birds or anything that let's you fly going into the game?
We have some solutions for map traversal, but there's no way I'm talking about them ALREADY.
As for flying specifically...no comment.
(^.^)

all I want is for the jumping and the walk speed to be good.
that's the only thing I expect.

As for flying specifically...no comment.
(^.^)

FLYING/SPACE JUMPING CONFIRMED.

tumblr_niz5swFmB11tj50jro1_400.gif

So if this game were ever run at a GDQ, would MikeZ be the one on Skype commentating with the runners while they break the game mercilessly play it really fast in front of you?