• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

Ajna was designed by all of us working communally.
Wow! So Ajna works with many incarnations, but she is also the incarnation of many. That's so deep.

A lack of representation in media always left this gap in my mind separating life at home and what my friends were into at school...Too often, fantasy is treated as the latest repackaging of Tolkein and D&D's Western world views... If Southeast Asian elements are represented in entertainment, they are often viewed as alien, exotic, or even dangerous...In Indivisible, the core perspective would be from the Southeast Asian point of view, seeing the West as the alien...I feel like doing something to help close the gap, or at least bring fresh, new elements to the table.
ih92Hjj.gif
miyagi.jpg
ih92Hjj.gif

Fun fact: Painwheel was supposed to have some elements of Buddhism in her motif. That is why her spine has 8 segments, and Buer Drive has 4 blades. Also, it's why she has a lotus-inspired color palette (6P). She would be the type of character who gets stronger when she calms her mind, as opposed to the usual fighting game trope of getting more rage (e.g. Evil Ryu).
That's really cool.

And also, I just wanted to mention that axe video is incredibly cool... of course there would be an axe/hatchet-based martial art. That's really badass.
Glad you liked it! I just randomly stumbled upon it and immediately thought about Ajna's Axe. If you'll incorporate that move when guy KO'd another one and then KICKED his axe INTO opponent's groin I'll die happy =ъ
Anyways, I really like axes and think that they are somewhat underrepresented. Kudos for you and L0 team for not only repping Burmese culture and badass women but also awesome weaponry! =O Aaaaaaaand speaking of badass women, can't wait to see that amazon in action! Pretty much all the girls in SG were somewhat lean so I'm really looking forward to get one which is really muscular and bulky. I feel severe luck of those in fighting games and action games in general.

Also for those who were confused by my "girls with boobs" remark - it's kind of a russian thing I guess? It basically means "girls with [prominent] boobs" and I think you would agree that boobs on both Alex's and Mariel's girls are for the most part pretty prominent.

An insightful appearance by o_8! Now we just need Kinuko (or Mariel? Do you guys prefer codenames or real names?) to drop by the forums to help complete the Lab Zero set.

Oh?

intriguing, but it is probably this one:

Hey, that was my idea (ಥ﹏ಥ), joking aside, i'm impressed that someone like him actually gave a full response and give it with care of the details for all his fans despite the shit posting, i'm eager to see more designs of this game, in all honesty, they are starting to look more interesting than SG designs (Not saying that they are uninteresting, they are awesome) but man, these designs are getting really good, with such good designs i can't wait to see how the story will be handled.

Something I hope this rpg does is mix the tropes up like how skullgirls mixed some of the character archetypes.

Like how Bella and beo are graplers but they are able to move quickly. Val a rushdown character with no DP. Peacock a keep away with a DP (trinity help us).

Just at a glance it seems like Rasmi is gona be the Big sister type. Ajna's gona be the go getter. Bow and arrow dude is gona take himself too seriously. Not that these would be bad I just want to be kinda surprised that there looks don't follow tropes.

That's MAMA Luigi to you, Heihachi

This guy looks so cool, I can't wait to see what his abilities are

I can already see the fun interactions between him and Razmi. :}

Last edited:
Ohhh, sounds like we almost got a video of battle mode this week. Hopefully we'll see it next week then. Definitely excited to see more of the game in action.

Man, Tungar's sword is gonna look awesome when its fully animated. I'm amazed urumi don't show up in more games, honestly, because they're really cool to watch in action. I always thought an urumi-user would have been a great fit for Castlevania.

But
I thought that guy was taller.
Then Razmi seemed to be taller...

What

Anyway that's the first time I see an urumi.

i'm impressed that someone like him actually gave a full response and give it with care of the details for all his fans despite the shit posting
Welcome to Lab Zero-styled development. Please be considerate =ъ
That's actually my number one reason for being such a huge proponent of L0 and their work - their attitude towards their products and fans is astonishing. And the thought that SG was their first effort and they have a room to grow is really exciting.

i'm impressed that someone like him actually gave a full response and give it with care of the details for all his fans despite the shit posting
We respond to you.... :^P

Back on topic -
DUDE TUNGAR IS SO DOPE you don't even know...

When I was a kid, I would see commercials for Ribbon Dancer and wanted one really bad.
I guess urumis are like Ribbon Dancers but FOR BATTLE.

Also +1 to Mike's assessment of Tungar. HE IS THE DOPEST.
but Razmi's still my girl...

Last edited:
When I was a kid, I would see commercials for Ribbon Dancer and wanted one really bad.

I guess urumis are like Ribbon Dancers but FOR BATTLE.
A ribbon dancer that FILLETS YOU

Reactions: earlfriend
DUDE TUNGAR IS SO DOPE you don't even know...
I can easily see why this guy would be your jam considering how much you love Wario.

This guy was not what I expected to see as a playable character but I am very happily surprised.
He looks really McSick and unique.

Reactions: Dean[SG]
did anyone else have to look up garrulous and brusque?

I found a video of two guys fighting with urumi if anyone's curious as to what it does.
I remember the character Silat from Berserk weilded one of these but it was a multi-bladed variant. I can't wait to see the animation of Tungar unraveling his turban.

I remember the character Silat from Berserk weilded one of these but it was a multi-bladed variant. I can't wait to see the animation of Tungar unraveling his turban.
there was a sword like that in Rurouni Kenshin as well.

Okay okay okay, how come nobody's brought up THIS dude yet? (Starts at 3:45)

Last edited:
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Tungar's sick as hell, I love all the character designs and I can not fucking wait until I get to see his animations, hell I ant to see everyone's animations, give it to me, Lab 0.

Welp. Apparently guys from mane6 are launching their IGG at sep. 21st. That's kinda unconvenient =/

Just for those of you interested in the urumi in a general sense, yes, it is a real weapon, and no, it's not a terribly practical one. It's like the nunchaku of Indian weaponry, one-tier above useless. Difficult to use, not very deadly, and fatigues the user extremely fast.

BUT

Much like Gen winning EVO, the idea behind the urumi was that the matchup would be so unknown to the opponent that you could beat them that way, and it sometimes worked on that level. Still, most Rajput elected for a normal sword (a far superior piece of war technology).

So, as with an axe, iron claws, or any number of cool, non-optimal weapons, it's best used in a fantasy setting, where you can pretty much make it do what ever you want. I certainly don't let realism affect my enjoyment of Dynasty Warrior's weaponry, and I won't here, either :)
My father is a military historian (and was a military officer, himself), so I've had the benefit of learning this kind of thing since I was young. I followed him on both paths :P

So Urumi's benefits is its rogue factor, gotcha. But I gotta admit this is the first time I'm hearing about the weapon. And seeing some videos on it really caught my interest. I'm excited to see what Lab0 can do with it.

Along with normal stuff, I fully expect it to be used in Indivisible in some very un-urumi like ways, too. Scorpion style, "get over here," kind of attacks, or maybe AoE stuff based on it's size. It's fun to guess :D

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a bit of Sword Hunter Cho moves as well.

Last edited:
It'd be kinda cool if they let the sword be able to straighten itself at will. It would have crazy amounts of reach.

Still, obviously unraveling Tungar's turbant would be potentally painful if done wrong.
Also the more I read of Kai the more I want him to adopt me

I wonder if Tungar will do some sort of drill-dive move, where he attacks the opponent with his urumi turban. It would look sick.

Still, obviously unraveling Tungar's turbant would be potentally painful if done wrong.
EVERYTHING is potentially painful if done wrong with this thing. That's the problem really. Even if it's effective you have to train many years to achieve this level. And then you're killed by half-dozen of somewhat competent archers. That's a waste. From a military standpoint urumi masters are not all that cost-efficient.