• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

Actually, the problem I see with "Indiv" as a common shorthand for the game, is that you already see it used a lot with Indv to mean Individual. Long term, I don't think it'd be all that helpful for writers. Articles on the game would either need to prelude with the definition all the time, use it only in certain contexts, or mostly just stick to typing Indivisible anyway.

And yeah, we know acronyms for games already confuse people a lot, but as far as discussions on this forum are concerned, I don't think it's a big deal. We could say Indiv/NDV/VSBL and we'd probably all know what we're talking about here regardless.

Ill probably refer to it as Lab Zero RPG.

Indivisible...Eh I'll call it that not really hard to remember for me.

"Indiv" reminds me too much of games before alpha release. Like Minecraft had a version called "Indev" then "Infdev" before αlpha and βeta. I can't see a reason for a nickname for a one-word-title game. I'm going to call it Indivisible.

in-deh-viz-uh-buhl or in-duh-viz-uh-buhl (they made us recite the Pledge of Allegiance every morning throughout elementary school and I had a few teachers insist on the latter, even though no one says "duh-vide" in math class). Five syllables. Easy peasy.

in-deh-viz-uh-buhl or in-duh-viz-uh-buhl (they made us recite the Pledge of Allegiance every morning throughout elementary school and I had a few teachers insist on the latter, even though no one says "duh-vide" in math class). Five syllables. Easy peasy.
in-dih-viz-uh-buhl, though...nobody says "deh-vide" either. :^P

Such fast, much wow.

Low attack...?

I instantly think "There must be a complementary 'high attack' then". Since my mind is in fighting game mode, that makes me think of blocking and mixups... but there's no point in mixing up an AI controlled opponent. At the very least, its less satisfying than doing it to a human one.

I'm also thinking "sweep" - I wonder if this is like a special move of Tungar's that trips up the enemy team, making them lose a turn.

Cool animation nonetheless.

omg it forms a little crest with the ribbon and hilt as well. The detail on these are amazing and Tungar's charms and detail are quickly making him really really cool to me. Razmi still da bes though

Man, that animation looks great, I really can't wait to see more of his stuff with the fancy sword. I never really thought about before how cool it would be in animation but I totally want to see more of it.

Also not all the enemies are human-sized I imagine. You can make floating enemies like bats who won't be affected by sweeps and ground-based abilities and then low-profile enemies such as rats probably don't give a shit about your anti-air tech.

You sure?
I mean, yeah, you can have the AI basically roll a die to decide whether it's going to block one way or the other, so you can do mixups in a sense.
But part of the fun of mixups are the interplay between attacker and defender, in that both players try to lead each other into acting in one way or another. Unless you've got pretty good AI, you can't really condition them into doing something. There's no yomi, basically.

Now if you guys have some interesting AI tech, then I'm excited.

I mean, yeah, you can have the AI basically roll a die to decide whether it's going to block one way or the other, so you can do mixups in a sense.
[snip]
There's no yomi, basically.
Ah, you're approaching it wrong. You might not be able to confuse the AI, but if it's impossible to, say, block both high and low, then you can break perfect blocking even vs AI.

I think I get it...

So Indivisible isn't going to have patented Skullgirls Anti-Unblockable Technology™?

I didn't think "turban on" would be his default stance. The turban seems more like a sheathed mode. but i guess that opens him up to use more attacks with his hands. though It would be weird if he had to put his tuban back on for every urumi attack. Then again i have no idea how he would fight. and this is only one animation.

Reactions: Cheesedragon
Plus, ya know, there could be guys with shields like in zelda 2

I didn't think "turban on" would be his default stance.

I kinda feel like his neutral stance could be used for both a Turban On stance and a Turban Off. Top hand holding the grip, bottom hand holding the blade.

Probably wrong but ohhhhhhh well!

I expected the sword to be less flexible but then I looked up urumi fighting and it seems more loose than it seems.
It is amazing that they fight like that without hurting themselves.

I find interesting, that in the previous cases, the weapones were 3d models, so they can make the drawing easier, but with the urumi, since it is so flexible, it had to be 2d since the beginning.

Aye, the main reason to use 3D models on stuff is to make it easier to draw rigid shapes as they rotate and change angles. This urumi basically has no fixed shape so it wouldn't make sense to 3D shape it.

I am curious to see if his 'turban' is rendered in 3D though.

It is amazing that they fight like that without hurting themselves.

IRL Tungar stepped on his own sword about 0:57. Those swords are likely not sharp or his feet are like stone.

That vid was beast him stepping on his weapon would've been his down fall if the other guy wasn't on his side, and on that note, I'm a fan of Tungar now

We'll all change our minds eventually when all characters are revealed and various subfactions of char builds will appear.

Waifu war never changes.

Oh by the way will more characters be shown soon or are you focusing on these four till the prototype is out? I'm so excited to know/see something of bara lady and cowboy moustache

Oh by the way will more characters be shown soon or are you focusing on these four till the prototype is out? I'm so excited to know/see something of bara lady and cowboy moustache
That's all you get, sucka. :^)

yeah I'm sure
You missed the entire point. (^.^)

Fair enough, are DLC characters also planned on the formula?

Man, I have mixed feelings about that.

Fair enough, are DLC characters also planned on the formula?
What? No.
What kind of sense would DLC characters make in an RPG? In a fighting game the characters are the game. In an RPG characters don't make much sense without a world and backstory and stuff.

If we make the entire game, we make the entire game. If any stretch goals are met that add content, that content will also be added, which might include additional Incarnations in extra towns/dungeons, or whatever. The stretch stuff might be released as post-release expansions if they aren't finished on time, but as paid DLC? Nah. We've had about enough of shady DLC practices to not want to participate in them.

Last edited:
are characters gona have palettes like SG characters? like how beowulf can have a mustache or a mask. I know its not their culture but i imagine razmi having a japanese noh mask and tungar with a kabuki mask. Ajna seems like she'd have one of those red and white fox masks. but again wrong culture maybe they'll get alt palettes relating to their culture.

are characters gona have palettes like SG characters? like how beowulf can have a mustache or a mask. I know its not their culture but i imagine razmi having a japanese noh mask and tungar with a kabuki mask. Ajna seems like she'd have one of those red and white fox masks. but again wrong culture maybe they'll get alt palettes relating to their culture.
Those examples are not palettes, they would change facial contours.
So no. :^P