• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

Question! (not sure if it's legit though...)
Can you keep explore the world and (re)do stuff after you complete the "Story"?
I doubt they've made a call on this. Most Metroidvania and JRPGs have a point of no return right before the last boss fight, with the period directly proceeding it serving as your, "explore to your heart's content," time. It works pretty well for most, so I'm not sure they'd need to re-invent the wheel, here. You never know, though, I guess.

Reactions: Wenzel
Question! (not sure if it's legit though...)
Can you keep explore the world and (re)do stuff after you complete the "Story"?

I asked Mike-Z once about "found secrets percentage" on the map and he said that he would preffer for it to appear 'after you beat the final boss or something' so that would imply such things are considered.

Last edited:
Yeah, like people said, he is talking about the Brazilian money, The R$ and the fact that the dollar is at this rate right now.

We brazilians are f*cked. (and i don't even have a job, i hope my plans work)
I know how you feel, though I'm from America. I'm searching for a job as well......and I still feel dirty for not being able to donate to Shenmue. Almost landed a good paying job, but they essentially asked my if I was okay with doing shady things. I told them no and I didnt get a call back.

Speaking about jobs, will there be a job/class/subclass system of sorts? It looks like each character fill a specific roll and that team composition essentially makes a team "class", but will there be character classes or any party bonuses for class composition such as magic+ when you have a certain number of magic focused users in your party?

Speaking about jobs, will there be a job/class/subclass system of sorts? It looks like each character fill a specific roll and that team composition essentially makes a team "class", but will there be character classes or any party bonuses for class composition such as magic+ when you have a certain number of magic focused users in your party?
Not...exactly?

Not...exactly?
Will the the set of abilities available to incarnations or party members aside from Anja be customizable in any way? If so, will it be possible to gain access to all abilities or attacks in a single play through or will the player be required to choose between them each run?

Seen the comments about people being broke, etc. right now, and thought I'd mention this.

IGG now allows you to keep your campaign open indefinitely after you hit your goal, in order to get "slacker backers," etc. without going to a separate service.

Our plan is to run the campaign for about 40 days (the sweet spot based on IGG's data) and, assuming it's successful, we'll leave the campaign open until the game launches in 2017/2018.

Right now we're thinking that physical rewards will still be available to latecomers until early 2016, and then after that it will only be digital or upgrades.

And all of these will apply to stretch goals, most likely. Or at least up to some cut-off date.

So... on one hand, if you can't support us during the campaign, all is not lost! But in order for us to get to that point, we need to succeed.

So if you can't give during the campaign, signal boost by showing people the prototype, stream the prototype, retweeting things, etc. to help the campaign hit its goal. And then you can contribute whenever you're able after that if the campaign is successful.

We'll also be offering a social outreach/referral reward again like we did last time with the stick Zone won. Thinking it'll be the highest non-custom physical tier, so there's a chance people can get that, too.

Last edited:
You can't really know the antagonist without the story. And games like this tend to have multiple antagonists and spoilers associated with them.

I'm really holding out hope that it's a 17 year old anime JRPG protagonist who's horribly, horribly mistaken about his purpose. I've wanted to kill him for a long time, and I could be 100% sure I was doing the right thing. No moral ambiguity, there... just looking off into the sunset as the credits roll, and knowing that you made the world a better place.

Will the the set of abilities available to incarnations or party members aside from Anja be customizable in any way?
Yes. I mean at the most basic level, choosing your weapon is customization, but think Charge+Ice+Wave+Spazer/Plasma rather than min-max'ing. While you CAN customize Samus, you generally do not need to for casual play.

If so, will it be possible to gain access to all abilities or attacks in a single play through or will the player be required to choose between them each run?
As yet unknown.

Methinks Kai needs to play Trails In The Sky. Now there's an oldschool story-driven jrpg done right.

Most games I screenshot any lines of dialogue that are particularly amusing. I cannot do that with Trails because half the script is good. I have too many screenshots to sort through at this point.

inb4 Buri makes another entrance like the kool aid man.

a710b12e74ae8d9b82da28cf2f55ddd0.254x200x1.jpg

Heya, I'm still using your wallpaper, it's awesome!

I actually have been saving some money for this IGG too! Unfotunately I am also from Brazil, as some have mentioned before, our currency is now worth about the same as Bison Dollars (the conversion rate is about twice as high as it was during SG IGG).

Moving on to gameplay discussion: I was thinking that none of the incarnations from the trailer look like healers (and you'd probably need at least 2 for cast diversity), then I figured out that it wouldn't be weird if Ajna was the healer herself. She certainly looks like she could fill the role, and then you wouldn't always need to fill up a partner spot with a healer.

Reactions: MysteriousJ
Moving on to gameplay discussion: I was thinking that none of the incarnations from the trailer look like healers

These are healers in other games:
latest

latest
So a healer doesn't really look like anything. :^P

If we're to have antagonists, I hope its an enemy party as big if not bigger than our own.

latest

latest
Those characters don't wear crosses or have any cross imagery in their design. NICE TRY, MIKE, BUT THOSE CLEARLY AREN'T HEALERS. YOU'RE NOT FOOLING ME.

just looked up the currency rate thing. about 4 Brazilian Real = 1 US Dollar. That's harsh. It's more like Brazilian imaginary money now.

latest
SPOON! Barely used him, mostly Lvl 9 Veras outside of combat. Thought it was too MP intensive. But I always did like the design and how it moved.
Off Topic a bunch:
One thing that sucked about that game though was trying to get the summons. Never clear how exactly to get them (except Ivory Books)

Last edited:
Reactions: Chip Blaster
Big question is whens the rival team battle.

Those characters don't wear crosses or have any cross imagery in their design. NICE TRY, MIKE, BUT THOSE CLEARLY AREN'T HEALERS. YOU'RE NOT FOOLING ME.
Well the first guy has a "T" shaped cane and the second one has pitchforks for arms soooo...

IGG now allows you to keep your campaign open indefinitely after you hit your goal, in order to get "slacker backers," etc. without going to a separate service.

Our plan is to run the campaign for about 40 days (the sweet spot based on IGG's data) and, assuming it's successful, we'll leave the campaign open until the game launches in 2017/2018.

Right now we're thinking that physical rewards will still be available to latecomers until early 2016, and then after that it will only be digital or upgrades.

And all of these will apply to stretch goals, most likely. Or at least up to some cut-off date.

So... on one hand, if you can't support us during the campaign, all is not lost! But in order for us to get to that point, we need to succeed.
[feels slightly less dirty]
That's good to know.

Not...exactly?
So "roughly." Gotcha. :^P

latest

Well THAT guy doesn't really look like anything AT ALL. But yes, I see your point.

just looked up the currency rate thing. about 4 Brazilian Real = 1 US Dollar. That's harsh. It's more like Brazilian imaginary money now.

I believe it was about 2.3 or 2.5 a few years ago, when I donated to SG's IGG. It really skyrocketed in this year. Indivisible IGG will hurt a lot.

On topic:
That exchange rate SUCKS, I'm really sorry about that. :^(

Off topic:
Off Topic a bunch:
One thing that sucked about that game though was trying to get the summons. Never clear how exactly to get them (except Ivory Books)
You can do things that raise the chance, besides the Ivory Book:
- Kill them with a physical hit rather than magic, not sure but it seems like Arts raise the chance, although Arts make the next condition harder...
- Don't overkill them by too much; if they have 100HP remaining, doing 100 dmg will give you the best chance, doing 1000 damage will basically guarantee you don't get it even with the Book. This is the really important bit, because your damage increases by a lot as the game progresses. That's why it's so easy to get a Gimard at the beginning, you only deal like 15 damage.
I'm fairly sure elemental affinity doesn't matter much, if at all.

Lv9 Vera heals one person for slightly less than 1/3 the amount of a Lv3 Spoon. Spoon is cheaper MP-wise even if you are only healing one character. :^P And all the levels mean the same thing for all the heals, so Lv9 Spoon also gives AP just like Vera.

@Squire Grooktook
I'm totally gonna play Trails in the Sky with my wife soon, thanks for that!

How would an autoscroller even work in a RPG? ._.
Well, this is going to have platforming in it along with the battles so I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to make an autoscrolling section if Mike and the others wanted to.

I was just thinking... How will healing be dealt in the game?

Since the team wants to cut a bit of the grinding, maybe item/money grinding is included.

So... The way healing is mostly done will be purely skill based, with items farmed from enemies/environment, purchased from the shop or something like dark Souls, where your healing item have a set number of charges and you refill it in the checkpoints?

That would also extend to additional resources (mp, items used on spells, if there's a limit on how many times you can use a skill, etc).

You can trust me to hate autoscrollers, yes.
So i can also assume that there will be an option to turn off or rather skip the whole dialogue of the game, right?, aswell with cutscenes.

Screw antagonists.

Going beyond the fact that this is...not good, you don't seem to realize what an antagonist really is.

An antagonist is not necessarily even a person. It can be a group, a force, even a concept that frustrates/challenges the goals of the protagonist and thus creates the conflict in the story.

In a story about a writer, the antagonist could be the writers block that prevents him from finishing his masterpiece. Antagonist's are usually people, but regardless a story without an antagonist is a story without conflict. Pretty sure that's not going to work in a game like this, anyway.

I was just thinking... How will healing be dealt in the game?
[snip]
cut a bit of the grinding
[snip]
healing [snip] items farmed from enemies/environment, purchased from the shop or something like dark Souls, where your healing item have a set number of charges and you refill it in the checkpoints?
Farming items is grinding, no?

To give an example of something that is NOT grinding, and is much closer to what I want:
In Wild ARMs, as the series progressed they related healing more and more closely to your Force bar, which is super meter you build up over the course of a fight. Through various skills in earlier games / by default in later games, at the end of a fight the amount of Force you have converts back into health. This, combined with healing spells and healing actions that use Force, made healing basically never happen from items. Though they do give you healing items, you sorta never use them.

Reactions: DukeMagus
Farming items is grinding, no?

To give an example of something that is NOT grinding, and is much closer to what I want:
In Wild ARMs, as the series progressed they related healing more and more closely to your Force bar, which is super meter you build up over the course of a fight. Through various skills in earlier games / by default in later games, at the end of a fight the amount of Force you have converts back into health. This, combined with healing spells and healing actions that use Force, made healing basically never happen from items. Though they do give you healing items, you sorta never use them.

Well, in Wild ARMs 1 (The one i played) healing items were pretty useful during the beginning of the game (Considering the fact that you dealt with every battle alone) also, the best "Force" skills were usually obtained at mid game, so saying that you (sorta) never use depends on the player, some players would prefer to reserve Force and build ups for bosses or really powerful enemies and for that reason they use healing items.

Either way, healing items in that game are cheap and they could heal tons of HP, you could also obtain items that increased certain stats like Str, Def and such, and many, many valuable items, tons of chests are scattered in the whole game, so in the end, the HP isn't really a problem, the game is more challenging when it comes to bosses and enemy battles in general, but it never feels hard in general.

Going beyond the fact that this is...not good, you don't seem to realize what an antagonist really is.

An antagonist is not necessarily even a person. It can be a group, a force, even a concept that frustrates/challenges the goals of the protagonist and thus creates the conflict in the story.

In a story about a writer, the antagonist could be the writers block that prevents him from finishing his masterpiece. Antagonist's are usually people, but regardless a story without an antagonist is a story without conflict. Pretty sure that's not going to work in a game like this, anyway.
Well, I guess if you are willing to call any hurdle an antagonist, then I would say that waterfall from Journey did a better job at it than Dracula in any Castlevania game.
I can see what you mean though. And I agree that conflict is needed. I just wish it won't come from some single person who is being bad guy for the sake of being bad and all of hero's AND world's problems will be solved with sufficient amount of punches to his face. Basically my position is opposite of Kai's on this part.

We need a baddie on the level of Kefka.. That was a true villain there.. so dastardly.. so evil... even succeeded in ruining the world and reshaping it to his whims XD

Will drawings/commissions be a possible reward in this IGG? I heard they were a bit harmful in SG's.