• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

Did they announce any contests during the Valkyrie Profile stream then?
  • fan art contest-no nudes, animation is acceptable
  • cosplay contest- Yes you can cosplay the unreleased incarnations if you want
  • speed run zen mode- show proof and clear time
  • speed run clearest time-show proof and clear time

-You can submit for all of the contest but you can only win one of these
-prize- you get an upgrade to your backer rewards (no they don't give more money to the game)
-when submitting remember the post has to have a link to the indiegogo page on it so when people see it on your favebook/twitter/tumblr they know where the can give their money too
-you got three days before the crowdfunding ends so deadline November 13 I think?

and I forgot where you email it to

Ah thanks! Have they announced it anywhere else yet?
Perhaps they're saving it for an Indiegogo update later today.

• fan art contest-no nudes, animation is acceptable
  • cosplay contest- Yes you can cosplay the unreleased incarnations if you want
  • speed run zen mode- show proof and clear time
  • speed run clearest time-show proof and clear time
-You can submit for all of the contest but you can only win one of these
-prize- you get an upgrade to your backer rewards (no they don't give more money to the game)
-when submitting remember the post has to have a link to the indiegogo page on it so when people see it on your favebook/twitter/tumblr they know where the can give their money too
-you got three days before the crowdfunding ends so deadline November 13 I think?

and I forgot where you email it to

contests@labzerogames.com

I get to upgrade my backer rewards if I win one of these contests?

What, do I just get bumped up to the next tier?

Because if I can reach Divinity without spending another cent...

Because if I can reach Divinity without spending another cent...

you provide an email and they will associate that email with the respective tier you won, they don't put the money in the project for you (which would be kinda counter productive)
you can also only win a single contest alltogether

you provide an email and they will associate that email with the respective tier you won, they don't put the money in the project for you (which would be kinda counter productive)
you can also only win a single contest alltogether
That doesn't answer my main question.

Do I get bumped up to the next tier if I win one of these contests?

But can I cosplay nude?
Why spend the money on an entire costume when all you need is a haircut?

That doesn't answer my main question.

Do I get bumped up to the next tier if I win one of these contests?
No. You get the amount added to your perk. So, if you win a contest that had a $1000 tier as a reward, you would be able to use an imaginary $1000 to boost your perk. It doesn't really help you a lot, because there's a lot more than $1000 between the highest tiers.

Also, you can only win once, so there's not going in and winning them all yourself for a $5k boost :P

I hope that they announce it officially soon because I kinda wanna enter.

you don't have to wait for them to announce it, you could've started working on your thing since yesterday

Oh my God, those are golf clubs! Putting katana handles on not-katana things should become Alex's trademark. It's just SO BADASS!!!!!
I don't mean to get eccentric, but being from Scotland, I could tell it was more a golf club and less a katana given the flagstick he carries about and the fact modern golf originated in 15th century Scotland of all places.

Reactions: The Dave
This is gonna get funded anyway, so don't be upset. There's a lot of days left.

yeah I dunno, I don't feel stressed out about this either, to my understanding they can extend the campaign by up to 20 days for a total of 60, right?
either way, we still need to actively spread the word but also calm down a bit, there is plenty of time

Reactions: chillbean and Caleb
If someone who has already contributed some giant amount wins, we'll figure something out. I'm pretty sure we'd be okay with an upgrade at those amounts, rather than an additional $500 tier.

You're at Archangel though, right? So you'd get Demigod, not Divinity.
(Though I guess people don't realize what goes into a Secret Room, or there'd be at least one sold...like, it ain't just the room itself...)

I've seen indie point-and-click adventure games fix the 'too much required money scares people away' thing by diving the game in chapters, like The Journey Down (in which our beloved Shockdingo is a VA!) who's gonna close successfully their 3rd chapter kickstarter in 3 days.
Yeah, but we didn't want to do this because it means dividing the game into chapters and making it in pieces. :^P

If someone who has already contributed some giant amount wins, we'll figure something out. I'm pretty sure we'd be okay with an upgrade at those amounts, rather than an additional $500 tier.

You're at Archangel though, right? So you'd get Demigod, not Divinity.
(Though I guess people don't realize what goes into a Secret Room, or there'd be at least one sold...like, it ain't just the room itself...)
Oh. I forgot that was a tier.

My b.

If I had the money I'd get the secret room... or playable Incarnation. The room would be based on my room.. ok lies a fantasy one.. and you fight me!

...I'll leave now.

The day someone takes the Incarnation tier I will pose indefinitely in happiness.

I thought this might be helpful for the fanart contest (may not be the final design according to brian)

Attachments

• heruka not final.png
    heruka not final.png
    1,000.1 KB · Views: 937
If I got the incarnation tier, I'd choose twins. Twin girls one with short hair and the other with long hair. Nearly opposite in personality yet perfectly synced in battle.

If I got the incarnation tier, I'd choose twins. Twin girls one with short hair and the other with long hair. Nearly opposite in personality yet perfectly synced in battle.

yin and yang?

I'd add either a Mariachi person or an Asura. A man can dream.

Whoa Vasco running with the "Not Anime" Look!

you know... I kinda want to see how all the characters would have looked like if they were drawn realistically. :-I

Kit Ballard would be an awesome Inc-- *SHOT!*
I'm pretty sure they'd require the character to be an original creation. Even if 10k fell into your lap and you contributed it tomorrow, there would be little-to-no chance of LZ petitioning Atari for the rights to Kit Ballard.

Oh, I'm sure you're going to fix this, but I'd still like to bring it up:
Please, please when you guys write Achieve/Trophies, please make it so we can actually know how to get it? There was so much confusion from the Skullgirls ones that was just annoying to learn. And most still don't even know what it means (Example: The 827 Trophy. Many people still thinks it's a Backer reward...)

I'm pretty sure they'd require the character to be an original creation. Even if 10k fell into your lap and you contributed it tomorrow, there would be little-to-no chance of LZ petitioning Atari for the rights to Kit Ballard.
Actually, as of June of 2014, Atari no longer holds rights to Blade Kitten. The USB was returned to Steve, head of Krome (which he was able to finish the game and release Episode 2). So, if anything, I'd have to talk to him. And last time I did, using a hypothetical question, he did say as long as it wasn't "for profit" like "Kit is the selling point"... but course, It's been a while since I've asked him that and I've done forgot most of what he did say ^_^''

But honestly, I would prob put myself or Yuri (a char I did make) in there

Last edited:
Oh, I'm sure you're going to fix this, but I'd still like to bring it up:
Please, please when you guys write Achieve/Trophies, please make it so we can actually know how to get it? There was so much confusion from the Skullgirls ones that was just annoying to learn. And most still don't even know what it means (Example: The 827 Trophy. Many people still thinks it's a Backer reward...)
I got the impression those were supposed to be hard to figure out on-purpose? Mike Z seems to like his secrets, well, secret.

I got the impression those were supposed to be hard to figure out on-purpose? Mike Z seems to like his secrets, well, secret.
While that maybe true, Achievement/Trophy hunters rather have it straight to the point. If it's too tough to figure out or it's too hard, they will skip the game if they can't 100% it. Yeah.. there's people like that...

While that maybe true, Achievement/Trophy hunters rather have it straight to the point. If it's too tough to figure out or it's too hard, they will skip the game if they can't 100% it. Yeah.. there's people like that...
Namely, my brother.
I think there'll be a draw to the game for completionists and I have a feeling some big names like Projared or Jirard the Completionist or hell, even some other people from Polaris will spread the word if they think the game shows promise.

Also, going back to funding (sorry) I read a comment on the Indivisible subreddit along the lines of "If this game isn't funded, there'll be no more Lab 0"
I know I shouldn't believe things on the internet, and I don't really think it's true but I don't think I've seen proper clarification from Mike or someone else