• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

I'm just having a hard time convincing myself (and my bank account) not to make my own incarnation. I already know how they would attack and everything.

Reactions to defeating the mega ultra final boss of a thing are always something else.
VHfSlrD.png
With over two weeks till the end of the campaign, I'll likely do it at least once or twice again within that time frame.
Perhaps as an attempt to beat my truly impossible to top personal high score of 1 hour and 36 minutes.
Thanks to everyone who dropped by! See you soon~

I KNEW YOU WOULD PULL THIS CRAP PAYPAL! I KNEW IT! Uuuuugghhhhhh!!!

Last edited:
i was planning on donating as soon as november started due to money issues

i hope this paypal thing can get sorted out as quickly as possible

Last edited:
There really needs to be a new and better service, even Ebay ditched these guys because they we're starting so many problems.
I had to give them my SSN just to deposit $17 ffs.

Reactions: Chip Blaster
That's pretty dang troll that that happened, especially since they had paypal problems last time, too.

That was horrible for a second there. My heart nearly broke out of my chest cavity when they said the review could take seven to ten days. People need to get all up in that campaign already before the next Lab Zero curse strikes for real. :I

Reactions: Chip Blaster
Skullcurse evaded.

Curses... curses... (this explain the bad day we get yesterday...)

Can Indivisible make a Referral Rewards contest like the Them's Fightin' Herds campaign, @Mike_Z ? This can help.

My personal curse is when I kill something that flies in a game, it loves to fall on me, which usually kills me =D

I'm really enjoying the character reveals. You guys really do excel at weird body types. Just comparing the two archer characters is great.
I hope Naga Rider goes overboard with the sentai references!
I also love how (with maybe the exception of Kushi?) all the incarnates are older than Ajna, having careers, families, lives. It makes Ajna seem even cooler as the leader, being the kid in the group. Plus in most RPGs all the protagonists are kids and teens so it's nice to get some mustaches and mothers on the team.

But negative talk now, I get pissed that every time Shenmue 3 gets another million, they just complain that they need more to realize their vision. They reached there goal in hours FFS. They're ungrateful. It's disgusting.
Is there a chance you guys could relaunch the campaign through Kickstarter if this one fails? I know it's a rawer deal for you guys with the Kickstarter system but there is a good more people would give money through their website.

GOD DAMN I wish you guys just got a big company backing you guys without question! You guys deserve it. I mean you're campaign just lists all the things you promised and delivered with interest. But the industry has gone insane I swear.
I mean if you look at Platinum, they've proven themselves capable time and time again but have been reduced to doing glorified shovel ware and don't even get their names on the box Star Fox comes in! So messed up...

Edit: for the record I like Dhar a lot. He's no Phoebe, but his design contains some cool subtle details and that narrated trailer was badass.

Yo PS4 version of the demo, now we are in business.
Dude I'd totally would pay for a copy. Specially would help me spread the word by Youtbe as I can record on it easier than this shitty lil laptop.

Does PS4 have free demos prototypes? Mike said something about each key for a PS4 copy of the game costing ten bucks or so during a "Why not have a cheaper bare-bones game tier?' discussion.

If they have "Closed Betas" then they must of lifted som'in.. or Sony is trying to get more market share again

You can download alphas & betas for all manner of games on PS4, so it'll probably be categorized as something like that.

I hope they have like, front page of the PS Store... big ol' Banner that says Support Indivisible! Try this then Donate!

Does PS4 have free demos prototypes? Mike said something about each key for a PS4 copy of the game costing ten bucks or so during a "Why not have a cheaper bare-bones game tier?' discussion.
Keys for paid games cost money, free things are still free.
It works like this:
For a paid game, say it costs $20 and Sony/MS make 40% ($8) off that sale. If you want to give out a key, Sony/MS still want to make their $8, because to them it's still a "sale". That's why keys cost money.

YES!!!!

In the Bloodstained campaign update:

"IGA has been keeping an eye on crowdfunded games ever since you guys gave him such a pleasant introduction to it. Recently he checked out the prototype for Indivisible, the 2D RPG from Lab Zero. Here's his report:

Since I played the English version and basically don’t read English well, I was kind of flying blind. So my gameplay was certainly not impressive, but please be flexible about my linguistic shortcomings!

Right from the title screen you jump straight into the game. I really like seamless title screen transitions, and Indivisible does this well. While playing the game it was clear that this team really knows action: The controls are very responsive, and even the jump timing feels totally natural. It’s hard to put into words, but there's something great about the feel of tight, intuitive jump timing. As a creator, you can tell right away that they get it.

Now let’s talk about the art style. I'll admit that, at first glance, you could find it looks dated… but then the animation kicks in, and everything moves so smoothly that the art is suddenly alive and none of that matters. There are lots of ways to make art do what you want, from shaders to animation to simply working at a higher resolution… but in this case they just nailed the animation. The effects are great as well, so the game just looks cool.

It’s a really polished prototype, and I hope people take a serious look at it. A lot of action games have been adding in RPG elements recently, for a variety of reasons, but it’s nice to find a game that has polish on the action side as well as the RPG side. I enjoyed it—and it’s a free prototype, so I hope more people give it a chance. The prototype is available for Windows, Mac and Linux right now, and console owners... maybe wait just a little bit longer, OK?

You can back Indivisible here. And here, for good measure, is 20 seconds of IGA testing those jump mechanics: "

(Followed by a video with IGA playing Indivisible)

:D

I literally just posted this in the advertisement thread...

Random Question:
Does the ps4 version of the game autopause if you press the PS Button? I have plans already laying down for a video review and be nice to not have a critter kicking me in the butt as I am fiddling with my Share menu XD

@Mike_Z Quick question. Let's say that we need another couple of days to reach the intended goal. Is it possible you'll ask (well, by "you" I mean the whole Lab Zero team) IGG for a time extension? I can see the negative impact (people calling you out or simply saying "see? I was right, they needed more time") but at the same time, a lot of people would love to increase their tiers, but they would need another couple of weeks to do that.

Time will tell.
Yup, I know. In fact, I'm hoping for some incredible, hype-filled end for the campaign, reaching the goal during the last hours, but I'd still like to know if they're considering to extend the time limit, just in case. Another risk of extending the time limit is that people could think L0 are getting desperate (I'm the desperate one here, actually), so I'd understand if they don't want to extend the campaign.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadowfury333
I believe they have the option to extend the campaign another 20 (Twenty) days provided they request this from IGG 3 buisness days in advance. The other drawback would be that they would be going another 20 days without any form of salary from this campaign. I hope they consider extending this campaign.

I think Mike said in a stream that if they get up to the deadline and it's obvious enough that they would make the goal with a little more time he'd be down for it.

It's better to look like a doof but get to make the game you want to, than to be forced to disband and give up the project cause you fell just short and all.