• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

Before we get any further on the sword vs chainsaw argument, I'm just gonna point out that Lelani was one of the first few things I saw this morning. My groggy eyes and sleepy, head ached mind just took it as a chainsaw, so if it is indeed a sword, well, then it's actually a sword and now I know.

Still doesn't stop it from looking kickass

I might be crazy.

But the way Leilani is painted (specially her eyes, and how her eye balls are almost the same color as the skin), reminds me a lot of old cartoons, like hanna barbera stuff, scooby doo and such...

There's going to be steampunk weapons, so I don't really get why some people keep denying the power of the shark god's wooden chainsaw... and I'm pretty sure it's ecofriendly.

There's going to be steampunk weapons, so I don't really get why some people keep denying the power of the shark god's wooden chainsaw... and I'm pretty sure it's ecofriendly.
"Uh, excuse me, weapon merchant? Is this a green establishment? And this weapon, is the wood sustainably grown? Were the teeth humanly harvested?"

I think it's meant to be a shark tooth sword that incorporates design elements from chainsaws, tho it might be hard to say until we actually see if it spins like one or if it's just gonna be used as a sword.
It's a chainsaw. It's not a gas-powered chainsaw, but it's a chainsaw.
[edit]
It would be very weird for a sword to have a handle.

its_magic-9eed8a8636837ec9ea258e47d6026b5d.jpg

Hoa!!! We are getting some steam now! 10k today again :D A lot of people likes the chainsaw girl :D

Last edited:
[edit]
It would be very weird for a sword to have a handle.

tumblr_ny50hlNTM31ro0g5eo1_250.png

Maaaaan, I just thought it'd be cool to have a more unique weapon instead of another video game character wielding another chainsaw.

But swords aren't unique anymore, even if you change its design. Well, at least I think so.

Maaaaan, I just thought it'd be cool to have a more unique weapon instead of another video game character wielding another chainsaw.
Hoo boy yeah, sucks, I certainly wish there were fewer chainsaws in RPGs or Metroidvanias, you know, Cloud AND Squall AND Lightning AND Crono AND Cecil AND Vahn AND Alundra AND Cornelius AND Jack Van Burace AND Miram AND Link AND Randi AND...wait.

WAITwaitwaitwait.

That's SWORDS!

Originally Posted by Ravidrath

The prototype should be hitting Steam early next week, and we're adjusting the Thunderclap to coincide with that.

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/...-funding-drive

If you haven't synced up yet, please do!

And if not, please opt out and opt back in so you're synced to the updated message. Not the biggest deal since they all have the hashtag and campaign link, but will make it somewhat more effective.

Thanks!

Reactions: KaboomKid
Hoo boy yeah, sucks, I certainly wish there were fewer chainsaws in RPGs or Metroidvanias, you know, Cloud AND Squall AND Lightning AND Crono AND Cecil AND Vahn AND Alundra AND Cornelius AND Jack Van Burace AND Miram AND Link AND Randi AND...wait.

WAITwaitwaitwait.

That's SWORDS!

Play Dissidia and see about the most FF main character uses Sword (in a lot of types or sizes) and variables (Gun blade). Only the villains gets more diversified weapons (but... a lot of then are mages... the "not-mages" ones uses... swords...)

(How dare you forget about Alucard!!!!! :PUJNA:)

WAITwaitwaitwait.

That's SWORDS!

u know what i meant u big meanie ;-;

But point taken.

WAITwaitwaitwait.

That's SWORDS!
Mike, you were just telling me the other day, "Kai, one of the things I hate most about LA is how you can't even walk to the store without somebody with a chainsaw jumping out from behind the bushes! I tell ya, this chainsaw problem is outta control! It's all the classic video games, that's where these crazies got the idea!"

Madworld, Anarchy Reigns, Gears of War kinda. I guess it just feels like the stock weapon for edgy gorey games.

I hate the word edgy. If some people don't like the magic chainsaw, that's good, there's plenty of other Incarnations in the game.

Hey people... lets not start a Whip x Sword battle (in this case Chainsaw x Sword). E!Damnation are right: there is a lot of characters to chose if you dont like someone.

Seriously, I don't. Lollipop Chainsaw, the PSO Chain Sawd, the Doom chainsaw...that's all I got.

Dead rising series, How to survive, Left 4 dead, Gears of War series.

Attachments

• 35353534.jpeg
    35353534.jpeg
    189.9 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
Seriously, I don't. Lollipop Chainsaw, the PSO Chain Sawd, the Doom chainsaw...that's all I got.
Skullgirls, Shin Megami Tensei, Bayonetta, and anything associated with Warhammer 40K since space marines have chainswords.

That's all I've got, though.

I think we are over looking something. If the shark tooth blade was made by humans, yes a chainsaw function would be sort of impossible. But the information on the IGG page says the shark god made it. If objects are made by gods, do they have to obey things within the realm of human possibility?
Shark god of SCIENCE!!!
I really need this shark god to have some correlation with Stanley =[

They are also all humanoids, speak with mouth, walk with legs, and carry weapons in their arms. That's not fair! How dare they to try and make some sense!?

Last edited:
I haven't been to this website in a long while and let me say that I can only currently express my joy over the character designs through ambient throat chanting.

Also shout out to the foley artists for the prototype. This game has some of the best sound effects I have ever heard in my life.

prototype... has some of the best sound effects I have ever heard in my life.
Um, I was under the impression they were reused from Skullgirls? Not that they're bad, quite the contrary...

Well, yes, there are shared sound effects, but there does seem to have a few new ones as well, especially with Razmi.

What I'm saying here is I love the sound team of Lab Zero a lot.

i think its just a sword it would be hard for her to make it into a chainsaw
Oy, please don't start this again... T_T It's already been confirmed to be a chainsaw by both Render and Mike.

Oy, please don't start this again... T_T It's already been confirmed to be a chainsaw by both Render and Mike.
Surprised he didn't read the post right after that post he quoted, as it was render's confermation XD