• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

How would scaling work in a rpg not focused on grinding?
They could scale according to the party members/abilities you've unlocked. IE "You have Naga Rider! All the mafia Naga's trying to fight are now patrolling the world trying to fight him. Or recruiting Baozhai ticks off the East India company. Sort of like how completing the ice level in Mega Man turned the fire level into the metal level.

How would scaling work in a rpg not focused on grinding? My first thought was more enemies, more enemy health, better ai, but what would these enemy traits be scaling to since I'm guessing you won't have a level?
Things can scale in terms of complexity. When you have more tools to work with, the challenges should demand you use them all and use them well. Bear in mind that even games with no RPG or progression elements at all still usually have some form of difficulty curve to ease the player in at the beginning and then challenge their mastery at the end.

Also I thought there was still going to be some form of leveling, just that the difference it makes would be subtle enough to keep player skill the primary focus as opposed to whether or not you've grinded your numbers big enough.

Reactions: KaboomKid
Yeah, and it's not like the idea of scaling difficulty is anything new as far as Indivisible is concerned anyway. It already happens in the Prototype! Even if we assumed the difficulty of those critters was based directly on the current stats of the team (Ajna's equipment + number of members + number of actions), the difficulty curve would still reflect a majority of playthroughs.

But the degree of scaling doesn't have to be static for an area either. Let's imagine that all Ghosts and Ahps in the Prototype scaled according to Ajna's equipment+teammates whenever she first encountered them (Ghosts = Blue to Purple, Ahps = Black to Gray). However, at all times, the Yellow Ghost, the Blonde Ahps, the Ogres, Rodney, and the Boss never change. If Ajna doesn't fight, the overall collection of enemies would be a bit easier, and offer her more opportunities to safely "level up" throughout the temple, but it'd still be almost impossible for solo-Ajna to beat without applying those advanced Zen strats. So here, the stage scales to the player's situation, retains a degree of challenge, and is beatable at all times, but it still demands certain levels of player skill/knowledge in order to actually be completed.

Now obviously we know that the Prototype doesn't reflect the upgrade systems planned for the real game, but I think it's still a reminder that Lab Zero has a pretty good idea of how they wanna handle this thing.

How would scaling work in a rpg not focused on grinding? My first thought was more enemies, more enemy health, better ai, but what would these enemy traits be scaling to since I'm guessing you won't have a level?
Wasn't Mike saying that your Incarnation count is basically your power level?

So, animated opening. Is the consensus it is going to be a bunch of vignettes of various incarnations fighting monsters and random situations that loosely tie into the game?

I want to see the opening story of the game animated more than that personally. Anja training doing detailed martial arts movements and looking bored by it, and how everything goes to hell very quickly.

Then the game can start right away without the prologue since we got the prologue in the most effective manner possible from the animation.

more important question

will the intro play automatically at the start, and then again if you idle before you press start and then when you hit new game as well?

because that shit is terrible, please fix this broken tech lab zero

more important question
will the intro play automatically at the start, and then again if you idle before you press start and then when you hit new game as well?
because that shit is terrible, please fix this broken tech lab zero
Oh yeah, that's really annoying...and the one after you press Start is unskippable, too.

To be fair, many times the intro itself is separate from the story intro played when you start a new game. Having the animated intro play if you idle for a decent chunk wouldn't be too bad, as long as you can just hit start to skip right to the main menu instead of just skipping to the "press start" screen.

At least, that's how I feel. It's not so bad if its waiting for awhile and if it only replays the boot up intro, not the story intro :P

Anybody know what's up with this knockoff campaign page?
http://lynked21.wix.com/new-innovations#!indivisible-rpg/pi4rd

At first I thought it was some bizarre mirror site, but then I saw that the information had been heavily edited, and all of the tier costs were dramatically higher (still looks like USD). I just hope nobody's given them any money.

Reactions: TheCrankMachine
There are always knockoff pages of popular campaigns. Didn't Skullgirls one also get a copy-cat?

Just people hoping for some poor suckers who won't notice it's fakeness.

Didn't Skullgirls one also get a copy-cat?
No idea. I feel like I saw links to this same page a couple months ago though. Just surprised any site like this would be able to stay up with such a blatant scam-factor.

wait what the fudge?

Can we like call this thing out so it can get shut down?

This isn't right, like that is... that is just pure scum. wow. I am not happy.

At first I thought it was some bizarre mirror site, but then I saw that the information had been heavily edited, and all of the tier costs were dramatically higher (still looks like USD). I just hope nobody's given them any money.

Somebody from the team really needs to get on top of this before people lose their money to this scam @Mike_Z @render

I'm disappointed that this is nowhere near as funny as that scam indiegogo that remixed the Keep Skullgirls Growing campaign info.

I'm disappointed that this is nowhere near as funny as that scam indiegogo that remixed the Keep Skullgirls Growing campaign info.
Heh, now I'm kinda sad I missed out on that one.

Anyway, hopefully this thing will get taken down. My only real worry is if someone confused it for a Slacker Backer site and accidentally posted it in a video description or something. Once more IGG updates come in, that should help reaffirm for people that the IGG page is still the place to go.

Are the ingame sprites available anywhere? I wanted to make some palette edits for what's available.

It's gone now. Good job peeps!

It's been a while since we heard anything so I guess it's because Lab Zero is still planning and preparing for production. How's it goin'?

Yes, I went and did this.

scribblecat cake.jpg

Eric's twitter said he just got into LA yesterday, so there'll probably be at least some kind of shindig going on this week. Hopefully all of the travelers reach their destinations safely.

It's gone now. Good job peeps!
Well done sir! I bet that site will try to pop up again somewhere else, but they probably won't find much traffic at this rate.

I demand an episode of MTV (MikeZ TV) Cribz on the new office

I need to see the fridge full of ramune and leftover pizza

I need to see the desks with (at least) one 90's anime / gaming figure on them

I need to see the bathroom signs labeled as "QCFemale" and "Mark of the Male-ennium"

I need to see "where the magic happens"

How much did the new office cost anyway?

I demand an episode of MTV (MikeZ TV) Cribz on the new office

I need to see the fridge full of ramune and leftover pizza

I need to see the desks with (at least) one 90's anime / gaming figure on them

I need to see the bathroom signs labeled as "QCFemale" and "Mark of the Male-ennium"

Idk know if Mike would be all cool having a TV show and calling the new office the "Crib" Then again he might surprise us and pull out some sick rhymes (I know that Mike can sing)

Do you really want to see a fridge full of that? That would personally make me worried for their health. Left Over Pizza tastes like butts.

Yeah I can say with pretty much 99% certainty that they will have anime on their desks.

QCFemale and Mark of the Male-ennium... you feel so proud of that don't you.

Left Over Pizza tastes like butts.

HERESY
You can eat it cold and enjoy it thusly, you can heat it in the microwave and have it gooey, or cook it in the over and make it crunchy again. Leftover pizza is almost as good as the first time.

QCFemale and Mark of the Male-ennium... you feel so proud of that don't you.

I did smirk at myself a wee bit

You can eat it cold and enjoy it thusly, you can heat it in the microwave and have it gooey, or cook it in the over and make it crunchy again. Leftover pizza is almost as good as the first time.
Or fold 2 pieces over each other and shove it in a waffle iron or george foreman. Melty inside, crunchy outside.

Reactions: Shockdingo
I'm kinda curious what ramune tastes like. How does it compare to Maruchan?

It is said that the original flavor of ramune is lemon-lime, but it also comes in flavors like chocolate, champagne, candy, curry, and more.

There is squid ramune...