• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

I can't watch streams so I don't know how the bow works, but I'm pretty sure staying in the same general location and shooting at enemies for a bit wouldn't be as optimal as, say, just avoiding the enemy.

Reactions: Senjin
Also, could someone correct my understanding of bow-floating? Near as I can tell, vertical movement is slowed down, but is horizontal movement slowed down as well?
Her vertical movement is 1/4, her weight is 1/4, and her horizontal movement is 1/4. So she follows the same arc as normal, just more slowly.
It works the same way that air specials work in SG or MvC2 (Dead Cross, Hypergrav, etc), only you can continue to push Towards to keep your speed from decreasing to zero.

guess arrows won't be any good for speed runs then
- Shooting an enemy moves it around and stops it from running at you.
- You have no idea what-all bow can do yet. :^)

oh ok so it's not like the axe where after a certain point you can just axe them without bring out the party
guess arrows won't be any good for speed runs then
Different mechanic: the weapon insta kills enemies when the party is so strong that the battle would be nothing more than a nuisance.

Unless the enemy placement has something to do with puzzles or some key point in the map run that doesn't change regardless of your strength, I don't see why the bow couldn't kill weak enemies... It isn't like you'd become godlike powerful farming low level enemies in this game...

You don't have to stand still, you can shoot while jumping. Even without being able to kill it could probably still come in handy for taking some extra damage off an enemy you need to fight.

...Unless the enemy placement has something to do with puzzles or some key point in the map run that doesn't change regardless of your strength...
Well, that could certainly be the case. Like Mike said, the advantage of using arrows is mainly being able to stun enemies from a distance, even ones you might not be able to overpower up close. That could be a crucial strategy for avoiding certain goons or keeping them off your back.

If your team is strong enough to take out a weak enemy though, then just switch to a different weapon and nail 'em! The new battle transitions should make that approach nice and smooth, even if the attack initiates combat. So far, nothing outside of combat deals damage faster than a team combo anyway.

On the topic of speedruns though, I've seen it brought up a lot in various discussions about the game, and I think it's funny how some people keep wanting to think about speedruns of this game from mostly a platforming perspective. They believe the combat system is the main thing that's going to slow them down, but neglect the idea that a Pacifist Run of the game (if possible) might not even end up being the fastest route. Just like with the contest runs for the Prototype, picking the right battles with the right plan (even if it's just to position a "Rodney"), will probably mean more for speedruns than avoiding combat entirely.

I guarantee that skipping all skippable battles won't be the fastest way to complete the game. :^P
Welp, I guess I'll fight all the battles then!
latest

My motto in any RPG game is leave no survivors. Except Undertale, but I'm pretty much going to lay waste to those mythical creatures roaming the world of Indivisible. I can't wait to watch some speedruns, though.

What's a speedrun without some good fights, especially if it's a low level run. Aside from the platforming I'm extra-exited for the super tough bosses.

A low level run outside of FF9?
Now there's something I'd love to see! =)

A low level run outside of FF9?
Now there's something I'd love to see! =)
Like this?

Has sniping enemies to death ever been the preferred/optimal method of going about something in a speedrun?
I think there was one boss you could snipe in a cutscene in one of the Metal Gear Solid games, avoiding the fight. Haven't played it myself, someone else is probably more familiar with it than I am.

Like this?

Exactly like that, I'ma Huge nerd for that game!
The ways I know how to absolutely break that game could fill books =)
(Like the low level run or a way on taking down a Grand Dragon on disk 1 ~ u ~)

Though I'm always up to seeing a low level run done anywhere else,
Always awesome to see people take on that sort of challenge n_n

FF8?

Huh, Did not know you didn't get exp for bosses in FF8.
Guess you could do Low level run their two if you play your cards right with the draws
and know what to junction to what. =)

Why you gotta love these sorta runs
There's Just something so awesome about seeing such a dangerous boss that would do massive damage normally do so little lol n_n

Edit:

Dunno if it counts if low level run is actually the more efficient way to play...

If you don't mind me asking, Why?
Haven't played nearly as much FF8 as I did 9 so I don't get it.

Enemies and bosses level up with you in that game. You can get your characters to consistently hit at or near the damage cap at way below max level thanks to junctioning, which means that after a certain point leveling up really only increases enemies' HP and makes fights take longer.

Yeah, as YoYoCheese said. On my first playthrough I made a mistake and farmed a lot of levels thinking it would make things easier. It did not.

Last edited:
Enemies and bosses level up with you in that game. You can get your characters to consistently hit at or near the damage cap at way below max level thanks to junctioning, which means that after a certain point leveling up really only increases enemies' HP and makes fights take longer.

Yeah, as YoYoCheese said. On my first playthrough I made a mistake and farmed a lot of levels thinking it would make things easier. It did not.

Whoa, Talk about counter predictive.
Guess I've doomed myself to hard mode by going to the training area the moment the game started.
If there was as huge of a level exploit in that game like there is in 9 I would have been stuck on Disk 1.
~ ~)

Last edited:
Guess I've doomed myself to hard mode by going to the training area the moment the game started.
It isn't that bad. I enjoyed my party of lvl 99's. Plus, bosses have a cap on their scaling, so grinding does help a bit. As long as you keep an eye on your Junctions, you should be fine. I particularly liked putting Drain on Status-Attack and using Darkside for an early-ish damage boost and healing per each attack. A little counter-productive 'cause you heal, then take the hit, but still pretty fun. Or, if you want to be utterly broken, use Break or Death instead for one-hit kills on most mobs. Just watch out for enemies that use Berserk and Confuse...

Reactions: Notkastar
It isn't that bad. I enjoyed my party of lvl 99's. Plus, bosses have a cap on their scaling, so grinding does help a bit. As long as you keep an eye on your Junctions, you should be fine. I particularly liked putting Drain on Status-Attack and using Darkside for an early-ish damage boost and healing per each attack. A little counter-productive 'cause you heal, then take the hit, but still pretty fun. Or, if you want to be utterly broken, use Break or Death instead for one-hit kills on most mobs.

Oh I really gotta try that trick,
For the most part I've just been relying on brute force and how much damage I could do in a single hit. =)
(Quake is a really good junction imo)

Just watch out for enemies that use Berserk and Confuse...
Oh I know that trip ಠ_ಠ

It doesn't matter how strong you are, If you don't have someway of countering that.
Your gonna die =P

Edit:
Even worst if they always get a first strike like that jerk up there > <)

Last edited:
i'm not sure, but you can get the Linux and Mac versions of the prototype on the indivisible website... not sure if that helps you or not.

oh my goodness... Lab Zero you should like totally give those people a lot of love... they nailed both the Indivisible and SG cosplays.

Reactions: Wenzel
oh my goodness... Lab Zero you should like totally give those people a lot of love... they nailed both the Indivisible and SG cosplays.
L0 retweeted video with Indiv cosplay. I passed it to the guys =3

We have an update!

Hi there, backers!

In the last update we gave you a look at some of the environment concepts we’ve made as we continue to hone in on the style for the world of Indivisible. Today we want to give you a quick look at design, and Ajna in particular!

The primary design goal of this pre-production phase is to animate and implement all of Ajna’s attacks and abilities, then play-test them extensively to make sure they’re FUN! When it comes to the gameplay for Indivisible, that is priority #1.

Ajna will wield several different weapons throughout her adventure. You already fought through the prototype using bare hands and the axe, but Ajna will also acquire a bow, a spear, and a chain-sickle.

kkb5vvvf1zshuwm1dh4i.png

biz3yshikwdedhi5ksl4.png

Aside from the axe, the design of each individual weapon isn’t quite finalized, but you can start to imagine the wide range of attacks and traversal abilities these weapons will bring to Ajna’s arsenal.

At this stage, Ajna’s final loadout by the end of the game is largely decided, and the visual design of the more advanced ones are still being brainstormed. If you’ve tuned in to Mike Z’s dev streams on the Lab Zero twitch channel, you may have already caught a glimpse of some of the standard animations already being implemented. Here's a look at what she has so far!

Thanks, and don't forget to follow us on Twitter (@IndivisibleRPG) or on Facebookfor the latest news!

thumbnail-c2d15a9c26ca9d1139634647e099dddd512acb816141a436dbcb84cf09a807cb.png
Earl Gertwagen

As an aside, I can't help but think "chain-sickle" sounds like a delicious frozen treat from the Nineties.

Reactions: KaboomKid
I'm interested in seeing how the chain sickle swing animation will work.

Can I be spiderman now?

Ok, so is Ajna's arrow a Volgarr's spear?

Edit:
Also it looks like aformentioned cosplayers learned about Indiv from the group I created on vk.com. Yay for me being useful! =O

Edit2:
They also did SG
Hey look. The group of Russian cosplayers. I like what they did with Yan =ъ

GOD DAMN!! that's awesome!! Maybe my dreams of a Skullgirls musical isn't too far fetched!

Maybe my dreams of a Skullgirls musical isn't too far fetched!
DDR with fighting game inputs? Typing of the Skullgirls: Sing-Along? ...I'd play 'em. Hell, I heard somewhere that Batman: Arkham Asylum was originally planned as a rhythm game; there's a lot you can do with the genre. It reminds me of this wild idea I had once for a "Dancing Game" (instead of a fighting game), where characters' moves were based on actual dance styles and the ideal "fight" would match the other player's moves for a grand cooperative finish.

Where was I? Right, Indivisible. Um...

Here's a thought! Ajna sort of projects her inner spiritual friends/allies/Incarnations onto the outer realm, right? This includes weapons and ammo, yes? What's to stop her from manifesting actual geography? Or getting doused in crazy pills and creating her hallucinations in reality? It would take a ton of energy/Iddhi, but in theory...

Shhhhh. Save that talk for the no developers thread.

I didn't get to ask this in the stream. Will Ajna's bow and arrow only have like eight aiming directions or will it have 360° directions? With a frame/picture for each degree?

3y7i6Hv.png

I can't believe she runs the anime way what a weeb
Would you prefer if she did the roadie run from Gears of War?

We need some proper run cycles up in here.
tumblr_inline_ny8n9msu3n1rgoj28_540.gif
Sooo... mostly blocked by trees/debris to hide the incomplete animation?

Let it be noted that I have not actually seen the referenced show and am judging entirely based on the presented gif.