• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Jan 22-23, 2016] Frosty Faustings VIII - Northbrook, IL(Chicago)

I'm registering as soon as I get paid tomorrow. Can we confirm saturday tournament? I want to save leave and we need to save money on the room anyways.

I'm registering as soon as I get paid tomorrow. Can we confirm saturday tournament? I want to save leave and we need to save money on the room anyways.
Saturday is the last day of the event.

How would I get from ORD to the hotel? I took the train when I went to combo breaker, but I don't know the train stops that well.

How would I get from ORD to the hotel? I took the train when I went to combo breaker, but I don't know the train stops that well.
You'll save a shitload of time if you just take a cab (or Uber, etc), in which case, it's 20 min away. The best public transit option available from ORD to Northbrook consists of one train, two buses, and a couple of hours.

Reactions: Natezer

what time do you get to chicago? we're gonna take the crazy.... cab.... to the venue

what time do you get to chicago? we're gonna take the crazy.... cab.... to the venue
I get in at 4pm exactly wow.

Just registered.

If I were to take a bus to Chicago, what would be easiest way to get to venue?
The metro again?

(i think i still have my old metro card with like 30 on it somewhere)

Just registered.

If I were to take a bus to Chicago, what would be easiest way to get to venue?
The metro again?

(i think i still have my old metro card with like 30 on it somewhere)
There's no good train route to the venue, you'd have to take some buses if you wanna go public.

I may pick up some people on the way, if there's any demand. Assuming you're coming into Chicago proper, you could take the green line to Oak Park where I'm at, and I'd drive you to the venue (on Saturday).

Last edited:
KC gets in Friday night and will be leaving Sunday morning. Relatively shorter trip than normal for us, but since only Saturday matters for Skullgirls people are trying to save a day of paid time off. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

The schedule for smash 4 is weird, but I'm about it.
Ahhhhh I'm excited for this event.

It's go time
All registered and hotel room is a go

Just gotta write out my to do list

FROSTY TO DO LIST:

1.) Make it out of pools in SG and Persona
2.) Get the salty runback against @ShadeMoneh and @fenster from Combo Breaker
3.) Keep the salty runback from @dapurplesharpie
4.) Find the best Squigly there and absorb said Squigly player's power for use in Combo Breaker 2016
5.) Tech build with Fortune players
6.) Have fun GET HYPE

It's go time
All registered and hotel room is a go

Just gotta write out my to do list

FROSTY TO DO LIST:

1.) Make it out of pools in SG and Persona
2.) Get the salty runback against @ShadeMoneh and @fenster from Combo Breaker
4.) Find the best Squigly there and absorb said Squigly player's power for use in Combo Breaker 2016
5.) Tech build with Fortune players
6.) Have fun GET HYPE

Money Match me?

Reactions: mcpeanuts
My goal is: hey is there any spare space in a room or anything for me anywhere?

I have a kingsize bed, a hideaway sofa, and one friend who is currently undecided. I get in around Friday midnight. You want in?

my goal is to not be free

Noooooooooooooo

Oh well see you at CB then

O'Hare is on the way for me to the venue, so I could probably pick up people on the way. For Friday I would probably be by O'Hare around 6:30ish since I plan on getting to the venue at about 7 PM. For Saturday I have no idea what time I will try to be there, I would guess around 3 PM.

Just thought I'd throw that out there, so lemme know if someone needs a ride.

I have a kingsize bed, a hideaway sofa, and one friend who is currently undecided. I get in around Friday midnight. You want in?

That sounds fine! I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to get to the venue so I don't know what time I'll arrive but I'll PM you later when I find out.

Classic FGC. I think my room is full sry

You're gonna have to stay salty till CB cause I'm not gonna be able to make it.
Some luck person got a bye since I registered before I got my train ticket setup.
RIP.

I made the mistake of waiting too long to purchase my transportation tickets and by then, the only ones available meant I had to leave as soon as I got there. ;_;

Sorry.

I was gonna room with @Datagram. He may have some space.

You're gonna have to stay salty till CB cause I'm not gonna be able to make it.
Some luck person got a bye since I registered before I got my train ticket setup.
RIP.

I made the mistake of waiting too long to purchase my transportation tickets and by then, the only ones available meant I had to leave as soon as I got there. ;_;

Sorry.

I thought you played Eliza
But it turns out you just played yourself :(

R.I.P see you at CB

Reactions: Dhoppler
Wow that's like twice as many people as last year c r a z y

Reactions: Kai