• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

joseph isn't smart
he's really a bit of idiot
he's just clever
and there is difference let me tell you
There are different forms of intelligence that have different requirements. Being a genius at music and being a math genius requires different skillets. Joseph was smart when it came to combat.

I think everyone looks ridiculous but, more importantly, what has me greatly disliking it is the premise. These are basically a bunch of criminals so why should I care about them and/or root for them? What makes Giorno & friends any better than Diavolo & co.? The whole thing is just disgustingly coated in self-righteous hypocrisy. The only characters from that part that I like are Prosciutto, Risotto and Tiziano but that isn't really saying much.
Were you expecting Giorno and friends to be as much like gangsters to how the Straw Hat Pirates from One Piece are like to actual pirates?

Were you expecting Giorno and friends to be as much like gangsters to how the Straw Hat Pirates from One Piece are like to actual pirates?
that doesnt make it any better. I hate the fact that OP uses the word pirates in the same aspect as adventurer, and doing it for the mafia sense doesnt help. although, at the same time there are mafia who do less leg breaking, and more like "this is our turf" kind of thing. albeit I've only seen those in fiction.

that doesnt make it any better. I hate the fact that OP uses the word pirates in the same aspect as adventurer, and doing it for the mafia sense doesnt help.
"Yeah we are a mafia, but we don't like all that crime stuff. Mafia is about respect, yo."

although, at the same time there are mafia who do less leg breaking, and more like "this is our turf" kind of thing. albeit I've only seen those in fiction.
That's sort of what they seem to be going for from what i've read so far, at least to some degree. But it feels like Araki didn't want to push the believability of an organized crime posse too far beyond them already having super powers.

Last edited:
that doesnt make it any better. I hate the fact that OP uses the word pirates in the same aspect as adventurer,
they don't?????????
it's made pretty clear that luffy's crew is a very rare exception to the whole deal
and even if you've got nicer sorts like Shanks they make it pretty clear that he doesn't fuck around either

they don't?????????
it's made pretty clear that luffy's crew is a very rare exception to the whole deal
We are more talking out of context from the fictional universe and by the real-life context.
When describing the Straw Hats to those not in the know, calling them "adventurers that live by the pirate codes of honor" would give a much better idea than calling them pirates.

So what is everybody's thoughs on All-Star Battle?

Love it. Could be better competitive-wise. Has a lot of potential. Waiting/hoping for a sequel

want to play it, but not a 3D fightan fan.

want to play it, but not a 3D fightan fan.
I would say this game BARELY counts as a 3D fighter. the only thing it has is the side step but everything else is 2D fighting game inputs.

I really want to play this game. Is there any way to play this on PS4? Can I buy a digital version?

Since I don’t own a PS3 and with the new console out I won’t buy one.

I would say this game BARELY counts as a 3D fighter. the only thing it has is the side step but everything else is 2D fighting game inputs.
This, it's more like a 2D fighter with some 3D camera angles from what I've seen. I want it but I don't have a PS3

So there's no weird bugs like comboing someone and they suddenly go to the side and you drop it like Tekken 3? (that's the last 3D fightan I've played, and it was for nostalgy)

There's a demo of it on PSN if you wanna give it a shot.

Granted the choices in what you can do are rather limited.

3 matches of Arcade mode, and you can play as either Jotaro, Part 1 Dio, or Caesar.

feels bad being poor and only having a Wii that doesn't work

really, i've never touched a PS3

So there's no weird bugs like comboing someone and they suddenly go to the side and you drop it like Tekken 3? (that's the last 3D fightan I've played, and it was for nostalgy)
well, a lot of moves seem to be wide enough to where the side step can be useful, but it's not a be all end all move.

A thing
I have to admit, this almost made me buy ASB.
Although I feel like a good 1/2 of the game (or more) would be either references that are lost on me or borderline spoilers so I'm holding off for a while.

I have to admit, this almost made me buy ASB.
Although I feel like a good 1/2 of the game (or more) would be either references that are lost on me or borderline spoilers so I'm holding off for a while.
It's best you do. You'll appreciate it a lot more when you're caught up and hate the translations of this game for being sloppy, lazy, and out of touch with the series

Got any examples of how some of the translations are, I have seen a few but not all of them since I haven't gotten the game yet.

I like how Zen's video preview image shows "YES I AM", almost as if it's my response to him saying I'm a comedic genius.

Got any examples of how some of the translations are, I have seen a few but not all of them since I haven't gotten the game yet.
-Avdol's HHA says "Magician's Red is not forgiving. *tch**tch* YES, I AM!" Localized: "Who is the man? *tch**tch* YES I AM!"
-www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wfwUF8mLzc
-Johnny feels like an emotionless character in his translated text. In his final match it says "Yee hah!" when it's him screaming his heart out. His GHA "It's truly, truly been a roundabout path" was translated to "Pretty long for a shortcut"
-Jotaro's "Yare yare daze" in his win quote got translated to "Man, what a pain", but the quote for your Player Card says "Gimme a @#$%@%# break."
-A lot of the translated text seems a lot shorter than what the characters are saying. Like, it feels like they're saying more than what the text says.
For example, the title for the last episode of Part 3 is "The Long Journey Ends, Farewell My Friends" but the translated text says "Farewell My Friends"
-Joseph's taunt reads "Damn meased to pleet ya"
-They forgot to change "Crazy Diamond" in one of the story episodes to "Shining Diamond"
-JOLYNE DOES NOT FUCKING SAY "BALLS DEEP" IN HER HHA

This is all I could think of at the moment

AH, that is pretty bad. The one with Johnny feels really bad given that it's an important near the end of his story arc and they just reduce it to frigging nothing.

i'm gonna defend the Joseph one since it still carries the nonsensicalness of HAPPY YURAPI YORUPIKU NE
i mean you can't translate that without getting weird

I'm guessing you didn't notice the typo. If they're going with that, they should have put "Damn pleased to meet ya"

Part 8's story is original to ASB (it's just Gappy beating everyone up)
you'd be there a damn long time if you're waiting to finish Part 8, though

it's not a typo

it's called a Spoonerism, deliberately switching the first letters of words.
chansub-global-emoticon-ce52b18fccf73b29-25x32.png

I hate English

Reactions: Mwisk
Funny enough, I posted that in this very thread.

Almost exactly a day ago.

i didn't have internet 1 day ago

edit: i mean, not internet enough to watch videos. was fix'd today

What I'm getting at is that I'm always one step ahead of you, Colossi.

I PLANNED IT ALL.

FROM THE VERY BEGINNING.