• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

...Josh's struggle to not suck...

Don't bother me niko I'm busy reading up on your very flow charted play style:
So things I've already found out about your style
Squig
*You literally read the tips and strats thread and did not develop any of your own tech
*all I have to do is upback against you and you cant do anything with lk. dive kick
*you throw out updo and run back and charge making this really easy (hp/mp ringlet will stop that shit)
*you never use j.hp which means I have to approach you a very particular way (rush you the fuck down once I snap filia in and eliminate your precious dp)
*your pressure reset loop goes high, low, throw, repeat meaning all I have to do is up back and hit you with an ADC or shinku or item
Val
*once again you just read the strats thread making this again really easy
*you have like three resets (ADC grab, j.hp adc j.hp(cross up), and body bag so once again once I develop counter strats there pretty much useless
*you never bypass into scaples so pressing buttons against you is not a bad thing
Filia
*same thing as all the other characters no secret tech so reading up on this is not going to be difficult
*you never dp meaning all I have to do is keep you in block stun and you can't do anything
General
*you don't know how to PBGC meaning I don't have to be scared of my pressure loops
*You don't know how to alpha counter so pressure is still my best answer to anything you can do
*once I kill Filia you lose your ability to utilize squig (besides the flowcharted resets)
I told you that you were the first target so prepare to get analyzed

Don't bother me niko I'm busy reading up on your very flow charted play style:
So things I've already found out about your style
Squig
*You literally read the tips and strats thread and did not develop any of your own tech
*all I have to do is upback against you and you cant do anything with lk. dive kick
*you throw out updo and run back and charge making this really easy (hp/mp ringlet will stop that shit)
*you never use j.hp which means I have to approach you a very particular way (rush you the fuck down once I snap filia in and eliminate your precious dp)
*your pressure reset loop goes high, low, throw, repeat meaning all I have to do is up back and hit you with an ADC or shinku or item
Val
*once again you just read the strats thread making this again really easy
*you have like three resets (ADC grab, j.hp adc j.hp(cross up), and body bag so once again once I develop counter strats there pretty much useless
*you never bypass into scaples so pressing buttons against you is not a bad thing
Filia
*same thing as all the other characters no secret tech so reading up on this is not going to be difficult
*you never dp meaning all I have to do is keep you in block stun and you can't do anything
General
*you don't know how to PBGC meaning I don't have to be scared of my pressure loops
*You don't know how to alpha counter so pressure is still my best answer to anything you can do
*once I kill Filia you lose your ability to utilize squig (besides the flowcharted resets)
I told you that you were the first target so prepare to get analyzed
Then how come bodying you is still possible? :^)))

Cause I just figured this stuff out today give me two days to develop counter strats and then I want another FT5

WOW YOU JUST FIGURED IT OUT? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~ HORN CRUSHED BABY!

i'm sorry but come on man. Niko is like BB, large and in charge.

Eyyy, everybody, what's goin' on in he--
{ sees josh trying to call out Nikonova }

tumblr_momf8eqqR01su80w3o4_400.gif

Reactions: mcpeanuts
NINJA PLS
tumblr_n8uautP0Tt1rdhtwdo1_1405572725_cover.jpg

Anyway. Josh, if you know the tech, you have to also know your way around it.
Around every. Single. Aspect.
And I don't mean just knowing it, I mean knowing how to work around it to the point that it's complete muscle memory.
Before calling out Niko and demanding a FT5 again, you might want to practice countering his tactics. Just a thought.

The video? it's coming along, all 30 damn minutes of both sets.

give me 2 days and you can keep that video all you want

give me 2 days and you can keep that video all you want
Pffft, I'll happily record the next set as well, more content for everyone to enjoy regardless of who wins. However, the only real question is will your play be all bark and no bite, as it was undeniably last time.

However, the only real question is will your play be all bark and no bite, as it was undeniably last time.

yo holy shit man that was actually a wicked insult
i like

yo holy shit man that was actually a wicked insult
i like
I don't really intend to insult Josh, but I'm just saying if you have the balls to call out someone, at least have the means to back it up. Even after that ass whooping I come here and see a huge damn list of Niko's play being degraded. Which I hate to see someone do after they got bodied completely free.

I don't really intend to insult Josh, but I'm just saying if you have the balls to call out someone, at least have the means to back it up. Even after that ass whooping I come here and see a huge damn list of Niko's play being degraded. Which I hate to see someone do after they got bodied completely free.

Here's the really confusing part for me, right? What's so wrong with going off of tech that someone posted for the entire community to see?
Isn't almost all tech based off of what someone once did? For example, @Ninja has a video of Cerebella doing a throw before going into Excellebella, and it seems to only work on heavyweights.
Isn't all neutral game a concept made by the people who first played this game? From napalm spam to spamming j.HP with Filia? I do not understand the reasoning behind that one thing that he accused Niko of doing.

AND I TOTALLY FUCKING STOLE NINJA'S TECH, BTW, IT WAS TOO GOOD TO IGNORE.

Here's the really confusing part for me, right? What's so wrong with going off of tech that someone posted for the entire community to see?
Isn't almost all tech based off of what someone once did? For example, @Ninja has a video of Cerebella doing a throw before going into Excellebella, and it seems to only work on heavyweights.
Isn't all neutral game a concept made by the people who first played this game? From napalm spam to spamming j.HP with Filia? I do not understand the reasoning behind that one thing that he accused Niko of doing.

EXACTLY, the majority of people aren't gonna develop their own tech that blows away other, rather more optimized tech. Hell, you should even WATCH people to get a better idea of what you should be doing, and what tech you should use. That's hardly a reason to knock down someone who's put in decent training as well, especially after they beat you fair and square.

Reactions: Sparties
Guess we'll have a couple of set videos on this thread lmao.

Actually baby cakes, that video there, it works on BB, Parasoul, Val, Peacock, Double, and Squigly at midscreen and at the corner. Now Beowulf, Eliza and Robo Fortune can be grabbed at midscreen and then otg-ed with c.lk, c.mp, cerecopter into super at midscreen, however excellebella doesn't work on them in the corner. now all the rest of the gurls can not be comboed into excellebella at midscreen but they can be if going into or they are directly in the corner (except bella herself, she is the only one who is not affected by this because of her funky hurtbox and lightweight status).

wow for a girl who says she steals my stuff, you don't actually steal all the info to make it really helpful. What a waste.
DAYUM

wow for a girl who says she steals my stuff, you don't actually steal all the info to make it really helpful. What a waste.

what's that
i can't hear you over the sound of my pillar mashing
afk

she does mash out a charge move, which is impossible. But hey let's talk about Josh. Buddy, look here Niko might be a easy read book in your mind but that doesn't mean he will not be hard to beat in the game. Do not underestimate anyone, that or not care while fighting (like i do). Instead of reading you opponent post match you need to learn to read your opponent during the match, build up some finger reflexes make those thumbs flex with some rock hard training in the finger gym. COME ON, YOU CAN DO THIS. DO NOT LET YOUR BRAIN OF WEEB BLOCK YOUR PATH TO THE SEMI-OKAY TIER OF SKULL GIRLS.

hater, nah. being a semi-okay tier is hard. ask twerk.

anyways enough teasing. Josh just work as hard as possible okay? we got you.

Reactions: Sparties
Alright, be prepared for biased commentary, loud fan noise (my apologies), and loud ass hype. Full 30 minute set

Reactions: Valentine Dunoa
QUIT SHIT POSTING IN MY DIARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop please I'm gonna get chaned if the mods see this now ;_;

josh. my only advice for you is to stop analyzing his or any other gameplay but analyze your own. and if you analyze then give PROPER ADVICE.

@Ninja is actually right. trying to be good at this game is tough, rough and honestly punishing as it is rewarding.
@joshb911 you know the reason why people dig through the resources?! you know WHY you know niko took his tech from the resources in the val specified thread? CAUSE IT WAS FUCKING RECORDED AND USED THOROUGHLY. and you know what?! if it failed a lot of times then people would stop using them BUT NO it was TIME TESTED and it works. don't bash on common tech that's been tested by time itself and still survived (people still fall for fukua j.hk, j.hp burst bait). ALSO people come up with different concepts FROM the basic tech line so its very good that niko actually took a look inside the resource thread. it showed in how more solid his val's strategy was compared to yours which was more free form.

1st match
1. you jump a lot
2. you throw a j.hp like she's filia
this is the first match and you pretty much died for just not being patient
2nd match
1. you did not punish niko's cmd grab. prolly misinput but w.e
2. another thing you push block into scapels so you wasted meter. and i'm sitting wondering why did you do that.
3. you pressed a button in the air instead of blocking and you got CH by c.lp. careful josh.
4. you press a lot of buttons.

Every match you lost you wasted meter for little reward. what's even worse is that you're never patient. NEVER patient. and so when niko is just sitting by with val he's always have more meter than you which means he'll always be able to outchip you. out damage you and so on and so forth.

TL;DR This is purely a hunch but i think you just don't respect the player. if you did then you wouldn't be mashing out ever so carelessly. you mash on a pushblock. a single button that hit you. everything. Please respect your opponent from a gameplay standpoint and maybe you can learn ways to make the opponent respect your play(how did you get grabbed from niko doing grab on wakeup? wtf).

Reactions: mcpeanuts
I play under very different rules then anyone else.
* I try to develop all my own resets and baits
* When possible I try to make up my own combos
* I get annoyed when my things don't work
* I try to be smart and out maneuver my opponent with very complicated tech that I test and do not perfect leading to my millions of execution based errors
* I don't like not understanding why I get hit by things
* I don't like when I make a read then mess it up because my brain moves 3 seconds ahead of my hands
* And most of all I do not like getting told that I am free

Basically what I'm saying is I'm wicked salty at the fact that the 800+ hours I have put into developing and learning things is not paying off and I'm losing to opponents that have put less time into this game then I. Niko is a much more solid player then I (once again making me more frustrated)

As you know @dreampitaph you and I both hate to lose... I'm sorry Niko it's nothing personal but I hate to lose and you just happen to be the first person on my list that I want to beat.

I'm not going to make excuses and blame lag for my performance I just got pissed and over confident and lost there is nothing more to say about it.
Now I need to make up my own stuff and redevelop every character I play (I don't care if it's going to take longer then reading something and using it because it works. I am a firm believer that when a player utilizes the same known tech over and over again a character never gets fully developed and understood, part of the reason why MVC2 has taken 10+ years to get to where it is now.)

I thank you for all the posts but please leave me alone for a few days so I can regain my composure and rethink how I'm supposed to play this game.....

I play under very different rules then anyone else.
* I try to develop all my own resets and baits
* When possible I try to make up my own combos

-- Believe it or not, these aren't very different rules. Everyone attempts to make their own combos and tech (and actually test it to the point that they go insane), and they all have execution errors at time. Despite this, it's no reason to be rude to Niko who won fair and square. Other people's tech works so well that it's passed down and around throughout the community to each and every player. Again, they use it because it works effectively.

* I get annoyed when my things don't work
* I try to be smart and out maneuver my opponent with very complicated tech that I test and do not perfect leading to my millions of execution based errors

-- You don't need complicated tech. I'll tell you what Dragonos told me.

No.

Are you good at doing mix ups?
- "Not really" --> then get good at it, use run stop resets correctly, make your opponent's brain melt.
- "Yes, I rock" --> then get even better at it. Make your opponent's brain implode.

Finding new resets won't make you better at mixing and reading. You'll win more often in short sets, but it won't change anything in long ones.

* I don't like not understanding why I get hit by things
* I don't like when I make a read then mess it up because my brain moves 3 seconds ahead of my hands
* And most of all I do not like getting told that I am free

-- This is why you need to work to understand instead of finding yourself getting upset.
-- Train your mind to slow down, but keep your hands quick.
-- This is the fighting game community. Being told you were "free" after getting beat down is just something that's going to happen.

I know you said for people to leave you alone, but it's a training diary, and you need to hear more than just, "Maybe try this," or, "Yeah, that's good." You need, "Here's what is necessary."
When a player uses the same tech over and over, the understanding becomes greater because it's something that's overused, so you find yourself used to it. By this time, any "new" or "advanced" tech will probably hit the smarter player once, but they'll quickly understand because it's most likely that it's just similar to something that's been used before.
Just saying. I'm gonna leave, not gonna say anymore about it.