• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

June 2023 Content Update Discussion Containment Thread

I honestly doubt that notes alone have been carrying the entire team for five whole years since Alex left and everything would suddenly fall apart completely without these hypothetical notes. You're really reaching to try and find things to doom and gloom about.
They'll obviously have to look at Alex's notes for reference on how to animate the characters. If they don't have any notes on certain aspects of the character they're animating, they'll just wing it if they can (which they probably did with the DLC characters).

You know Alex was never involved with animation, right?

Alex's plans and directions were changing even when he was working on the game, and he said it himself quite a lot of times (recent interview for Marie artbook, anyone?).
The game is a project of many people involved, not just one or two. And I can't believe it has to be explained.

Reactions: missingno
I see people are still missing the point, Alex had the main ideas and serve as a direction.

He left them notes that are being used for direction regarding pretty much everything about how it looks.

You can even see that Marie moves are being straight up adapted from said notes.

You can even see that Marie moves are being straight up adapted from said notes.
And the proposed character moveslists were created by the entire team. It was mentioned many times.

Of course, a lot of the game was based upon his notes. But I don't believe that he has planned every little detail (like every move).
There's still a lot of discourse about the newer stuff like the Season Pass story modes, the webtoon and how much it might be different from Alex's own ideas.

*moderator hat on*

I'm gonna go ahead and put a break on the "does Alex not working on the game any more affect future development" line of discussion. It's obviously off-topic from the Content Update since he has nothing to do with the decision, but I've allowed it so far since it seems some people were under misconception about how much or little Alex contributed to certain aspects of the game development. However, the discussion is now going around in circle and everything that can be said has been said.

Feel free to steer the discussion back to the original topic. I'll take moderator action on any further post about Alex's previous involvement in Skullgirls including but not limited to warnings and post deletions.

Kinda funny that Filia has a palette referencing Kill la Kill, another referencing Bakemonogatari and another one referencing Highschool of the Dead...

Kinda funny that Filia has a palette referencing Kill la Kill, another referencing Bakemonogatari and another one referencing Highschool of the Dead...
What's that got to do with this topic?

What's that got to do with this topic?
I can't speak for Bakemonogatari, but KlK and HoTD are both well known for sexualizing their young female leads. I'd imagine the comment was to highlight that fact and tie it into Filia's situation in the censorship patch.

Also as it relates to Parasoul's palettes. I don't have the game installed atm but did they just blanket purge all the arm bands? I thought it would only have been the red ones since that was already a thing a couple years back on the Mobile game. But some of the palettes listed in the patch notes have/had black and even blue arm bands.

I have to stop checking the forums only bi weekly

This makes me realize they probably do have the money to recompensate but are too busy focusing on Marie for now.

That is also debatable.

I don't know anything about financials, but it's a public fact that Mariel Cartwright (Lead animator and since the beginning of Skullgirls) is working with WayForward on the Clock Tower+ port as Creative Lead and animating a fully drawn intro for them.

Future Club isn't listed in the credits of this port so far, though.

I'm a bit out of the loop, but if i recall it correctly, Marie's sprites aren't finished, So either Kim is the only director overseeing it (he's the only senior animator on future club's page other than her) or she's crunching to hell and back working on two high priority projects and her patreon.
Can anyone confirm if all the keyframes are done and all remaining work is making tweens/cleanup and color masks?

Attachments

• 1691352920164.png
    1691352920164.png
    798.3 KB · Views: 95
  • 1691353008814.png
    1691353008814.png
    1 MB · Views: 105
I can't speak for Bakemonogatari, but KlK and HoTD are both well known for sexualizing their young female leads. I'd imagine the comment was to highlight that fact and tie it into Filia's situation in the censorship patch.

Also as it relates to Parasoul's palettes. I don't have the game installed atm but did they just blanket purge all the arm bands? I thought it would only have been the red ones since that was already a thing a couple years back on the Mobile game. But some of the palettes listed in the patch notes have/had black and even blue arm bands.
Bakemonogatari sexualization of young girls, both in appearance and/or age, is infamous throughout the Anime community.

The only thing I can think that's worse is Made in Abyss.

Still both series are absulute peak fiction.

I have to stop checking the forums only bi weekly

That is also debatable.

I don't know anything about financials, but it's a public fact that Mariel Cartwright (Lead animator and since the beginning of Skullgirls) is working with WayForward on the Clock Tower+ port as Creative Lead and animating a fully drawn intro for them.

Future Club isn't listed in the credits of this port so far, though.

I'm a bit out of the loop, but if i recall it correctly, Marie's sprites aren't finished, So either Kim is the only director overseeing it (he's the only senior animator on future club's page other than her) or she's crunching to hell and back working on two high priority projects and her patreon.
Can anyone confirm if all the keyframes are done and all remaining work is making tweens/cleanup and color masks?
The reason one might think they are financial stable or above is because of the mobile being quite famous and a gacha.

Not an outlandish claim.

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
It's safe to assume that mobile is doing well, we wouldn't be here if it wasn't, but how well? Enough to sustain the entire team year on year? Enough to reinvest in season 2?

Gacha games can potentially make a lot of money, but for every Fate Grand/Order there's a dozen more games that had the plug pulled because that potential money didn't happen. The fact that the game hasn't been taken offline yet is a good sign, but unless anyone has seen their bank accounts we don't actually know how secure they are.

Bakemonogatari sexualization of young girls, both in appearance and/or age, is infamous throughout the Anime community.

The only thing I can think that's worse is Made in Abyss.

Still both series are absulute peak fiction.

The reason one might think they are financial stable or above is because of the mobile being quite famous and a gacha.

Not an outlandish claim.
Mobile is handled by Hidden Variable and Autumn Games. They have a good relationship with FC, but I have not found any info about SG mobile revenue or any kind of royalty being paid to FC by HV.

Note this isn't a conjecture that moves the needle either way. Autumn Games is the publisher for both companies, so they do the funding for new content and the revenue split after that is a hidden variable in the whole equation