• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Killer Instinct - Series in General

I've been really busy this week, but if anyone wants to play this weekend, I'll be up to play friday night, saturday and sunday.

Microsoft would like you to purchase XBox-compatible sticks or pads
Well that didn't work out to well for them because I'm not buying the game or the stick.

@Shorydouken

But his combos? Not on point...

@BrandX+

I'd be down. The whole family came down with something awful this last weekend, so I didn't have a ton of time to play. Hopefully this upcoming weekend is better.

Reactions: No longer exist
I could also play at the predetermined times, just shoot me an Xbox message whenever

Question, what's the input for doing an Ultra Ender? Like for Rash, his huge punch that's usually at the end of his Battlemaniacs combos. Side question, can they be used at any time? That's the impression I got.

Reactions: No longer exist
mp+mk ends the Ultra early. Is that what you mean?

Ah, yeah, thanks man.

killer-instinct-season-3-battletoads-tongue-attack.0.jpg

Sheer Tongue Attack; It has no weaknesses

My guess is an aquatic monster that will probably play similar to rain from mk9

That thing looks like a monster with a catfish head. Me gusta.

If i may ask, where did this image come from?

Also why is the person in the image using a ps4 controller? (If you look carefully you can see the ps4 led in the relfection)

This was leaked on the KI Reddit forums. My guess is this was at some sort of conference or some kind of non-public event.

Well just cuz there Is a ps4 controller in the shot doesn't mean the game is being played WITH one.

what ever... I just want a grapple character [with any luck Mira will be the type to hug people] or at least a set up character. Spinal and Aria are like the only management/setup characters in the game. >:-I

and no I don't really count the guest characters. Pretty dumb I know but hey personal opinion and shit.

what ever... I just want a grapple character [with any luck Mira will be the type to hug people] or at least a set up character. Spinal and Aria are like the only management/setup characters in the game. >:-I

and no I don't really count the guest characters. Pretty dumb I know but hey personal opinion and shit.

I don't understand your guest characters part... How do you "not count them" despite being fully fleshed out characters on the roster?

Well too be honest...we are missing a fish man. Creature from the black lagoon is one of the classic movie monsters so having one fits this game.

Still if this is real, than eyedol aint coming back

KI really is the new Darkstalkers for the new millennium.

I don't understand your guest characters part... How do you "not count them" despite being fully fleshed out characters on the roster?
because Guest characters don't make the game. I just look at the roster of the KI characters where there should be a full range of interesting playstyles for all players to try their hands at, the guest characters are sorta like extra sprinkles on a sunday and they shouldn't really fill in a playstyle that could be done by an original made character. Like how Rash is mostly Rush Down with a fun gimmick of him being a zipline character too, or Arby playing with resources unlike Spinal, only he's more focused on tanking and hard hitting combos unlike Spinal where he's more on lockdown and limiting the opponent's options. These are fine because they play off of existing playstyles that the KI roster has.

Quick Question:
How does Tusk play?

Just saw Maximilian Dood play him he looks pretty clumsy in the since of him looking open after every attack. Is there a way he plays around that or is it just for looks and he's actually safer to play then he looks from the cover?

because Guest characters don't make the game. I just look at the roster of the KI characters where there should be a full range of interesting playstyles for all players to try their hands at, the guest characters are sorta like extra sprinkles on a sunday and they shouldn't really fill in a playstyle that could be done by an original made character. Like how Rash is mostly Rush Down with a fun gimmick of him being a zipline character too, or Arby playing with resources unlike Spinal, only he's more focused on tanking and hard hitting combos unlike Spinal where he's more on lockdown and limiting the opponent's options. These are fine because they play off of existing playstyles that the KI roster has.
FYI character archetype overlap is not exclusive to guests. Even in this game.

yeah i know.

also @Notkastar Tusk is basically BEEF. His normals are chunky and hard hitting. So play him at max range and slap the opponent with s.hp, j.mp, ect. make them kinda spooked. Then when you have Instinct you can go full Ham the deflect windows and the ability to cancel out of those stuffy normals will make Tusky a powerhouse able to rack up 50-60% combos with out a problem.

@BrandX+

I don't think that would bother too many people though. Eyedol was fairly unpopular if my memory serves me.

@BrandX+

I don't think that would bother too many people though. Eyedol was fairly unpopular if my memory serves me.

Even so, he'll be the only classic KI character unavailable here, which is rather disappointing... Although, each season has had a bonus character, so maybe he could show up later if this leak is true.

Considering Gargos is already playable, I wouldn't mind Eyedol being a super boss fight
then we can still have a battle of the gods, and we get a bookend with the first game

also Fishman bro looks awesome, hope it's legit

Quick Question:
How does Tusk play?

Just saw Maximilian Dood play him he looks pretty clumsy in the since of him looking open after every attack. Is there a way he plays around that or is it just for looks and he's actually safer to play then he looks from the cover?

When he flashes white before the attack he will actually parry enemies attack so poking him is generally risky, and those unsafe attack deal so much raw damage and have such big hitboxes it might be hard to punish effectively if they're used from the right distance.

Reactions: Notkastar
And his range...

I see him as playing a strong defensive game. If he gets instinct, he turns into the beserker barbarian.

When he flashes white before the attack he will actually parry enemies attack so poking him is generally risky, and those unsafe attack deal so much raw damage and have such big hitboxes it might be hard to punish effectively if they're used from the right distance.

Oh so sorta like big-band or Cerebella that have the same style of beefy but, Sluggish attacks. Looking punishable but, can parry at the drop of a hat: Bella's Diamond Shot and Band's Beat Extend.
(Geez I hate Beat Extend! Almost as much as Fillia and Eliza's Over Heads > <)

And his range...

I see him as playing a strong defensive game. If he gets instinct, he turns into the beserker barbarian.

Guess he also plays a pretty strong poking game if he's got range and defense on his side.
Through from the sounds of it, On instinct he gets the recover and speed he need to become the perfect storm of red hot steel right?

Oh yeah now that I mention that!
If you have another minute:
Does his sword heating up from all the blows do anything for his power or is it all aesthetic?

Last edited:
uhhhhhhh... Tusk is a good starter character. Top 5? ehhhhhh... not in Top Players. He can be combo breakered with ease, so all of the white life he makes will be squat. Tsk... Idk. Tusk is alright.

I'd honestly say Tusk is mid low to solid mid, sure he can rack up damage, but he's slow, easily breakable, and a large target. Granted, Arbiter is also this, but he has very good zoning tools with his grenades and Carbine, whereas Tusk only has a couple pokes that still force him to stay at least mid screen.

Very unlikely top 5. He is honestly pretty limited which can factor in the matchups. Hell theoretically even Hisako should have a favorable matchup against Tusk which says something. He is kind of like a less flexible Jago that compensates with raw damage/pokes. You can still win with Tusk especially if you can bully/scare the opponent early in the match, but can be more difficult to get the W across the roster consistently. You will just likely see more people rather play Jago or Fulgore more instead because they might not see the raw damage potential worth the loss of versatility.

Hell theoretically even Hisako should have a favorable matchup against Tusk which says something.

What's wrong with Hisako?
I haven't played KI first hand but, Hisako doesn't look that bad.
Has long reach with that Naginata, Good air options, pokes and what looks like a command grab (The Screeching thing) on top of that. Why would she be bad in match ups?