• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Killer Instinct - Series in General

Props to @AdenPhoenix for legit walking my noob ass through getting a PS3 controller to work for my PC.

Also got Supreme Edition and Shadow Jago, so after some practice I should be ready for casuals.

I'll wait until someone patch it to run on win7

no the store is just for windows 10. I think it's actually part of the OS. which is really annoying...

Yeah, working around Win10 requirement without straight cracking the game seems very unlikely.

for the time being I would just find a friend who has an Xbox 1 and ask him if it's okay to play some KI on that. just get the disk or what ever and it should be okay.

Just got an hour of single player shit in. I'm actually super impressed with the port so far, and my first experience with the game was a good one. It feels super fun.

That said, it is different enough that it is massively overwhelming for me, and I have a feeling I won't be scratching the surface of most of the game (Breakers?... yeah not going to happen for a while).

Just got an hour of single player shit in. I'm actually super impressed with the port so far, and my first experience with the game was a good one. It feels super fun.

That said, it is different enough that it is massively overwhelming for me, and I have a feeling I won't be scratching the surface of most of the game (Breakers?... yeah not going to happen for a while).

It is quite a big game to get into at first, but with time you'll start to understand how the game works. Ive been playing for about 4 months now and Im still learning.

Reactions: Spencer
if all else fails just rub your face on the controller to get a combo breaker. works 100% of the time...

If you'd like to beat up on someone you (and anyone else) should feel free to add me on Steam, at least until I look into whatever it is that I need to add friends directly in KI.

@Ninja

That's how I play all the time.

(Breakers?... yeah not going to happen for a while).
Look at your own character, they have distinct L M H hitstuns. You do not have to learn the opponent's...anything, visually.

Reactions: Ninja
Look at your own character, they have distinct L M H hitstuns. You do not have to learn the opponent's...anything, visually.

That's good to know. Thanks!

Out of curiosity, who's your guy in KI?

Also, what don't you like about KI (you can PM me if you'd rather not have the shit storm that may or may not accompany your post)?

I think a KI Season 4 might actually depend on how SFV does.

An interview last year in May or so had them flat out saying they were unsure about further seasons, we only got Season 3 because it was stocked with terrible crossover characters. Unless PC release proves to be a good boost to the playerbase I doubt Season 4 will happen.

Also, how in the fuck does one invite a friend to an exhibition match?

An interview last year in May or so had them flat out saying they were unsure about further seasons, we only got Season 3 because it was stocked with terrible crossover characters. Unless PC release proves to be a good boost to the playerbase I doubt Season 4 will happen.
The game still got loads of content and intresting stuff. If it ends now to give space for a KI4 in 2 or 3 years, I'd say the game had a good run.

I like the guest characters, and I think RAAM will be hype...

@Spencer I'm in the same boat as you man, I'll play with you when you want.

Warning to anyone who plays me: I do have an underpreforming graphics card, only got 600/1000; However, My actual fights have been smooth as slightly out of date butter so far, with only the entrance and exit animations lagging at all. Don't know how hard online lag will hit that, but I have good internet, so it shouldn't be toooooo big of a problem.

@Mike_Z Dude, That breaker advice is 10/10, will be studying from now on, thanks man.

Out of curiosity, who's your guy in KI?
In KI1, Thunder, in KI2, Glacius or Kim Wu, in KI3 nobody?
When we were developing it I played Thunder (if I got a choice when we weren't supposed to be testing characters).

@Shorydouken

That's fine man. Add me on steam: qspec or xbox qspec02

Sent. On MS/XBL, my bad, didn't think about saying that.

When we were developing it I played Thunder (if I got a choice when we weren't supposed to be testing characters).

Sad that Iron Galaxy didn't decide to get your help again.

Also if anyone wants to play and learn some KI with me, I'm BrandXplus on XBLA.

I always always a Sabrewulf guy, but we'll see. I dig Hisako's aesthetic a lot.

I'll add you @BrandX+ when I get home. I don't have a ton of time to play, but I'd definitely be down when I can. I've got a 9mo that sucks up time like he sucks up money.

Reactions: No longer exist
Sad that Iron Galaxy didn't decide to get your help again.

Also if anyone wants to play and learn some KI with me, I'm BrandXplus on XBLA.

I'm down to play; Sent you an FR.

Also, I'd like to add that the netcode is fucking incredible. Not sure if there is added delay or whatever, but I played someone in Colombia yesterday, and it worked flawlessly.

Anyone want to get a group lobby going this weekend?

Has anyone actually had any luck inviting their friends online on PC? I haven't had it work out yet, and it's kind of unfortunate

I got a lobby to work. I couldn't get the exhibition to work.

Do AI never fall for counter breakers? I've been trying to teach my shadow them forever, and do all the combos he'd normally break, but when I do the counter breaker command he just doesn't combo break.

okay so without me ever having landed one he did one and landed it... wow

Last edited:
I hope I'm missing something but I downloaded the game and it appears not to have DirectInput, meaning I get to use JoyToKey like SFV (who have at least claimed DirectInput is coming, though that seems questionable), but oh, wait, menu functions aren't bound to buttons like any sane person would assume, and instead are specific buttons that can not be rebound.

Have they mentioned plans to add DirectInput? Am I somehow missing something entirely?
Now, the simplest solution is of course to simply bind things like light punch to the enter button, but having to navigate menus to even find out what menu buttons are (like say go over one tab) is a hassle that doesn't seem worth dealing with.

>Challenge BrandX's Shadow Hisako
>Do Really well, get her down to her second health bar while on 50% of first
>She combo breaks something
>Integrated Graphics give out and crash the game
>Go back in, challenge Shadow again
>Get my ass handed to me despite doing the same things I was previously doing
>Shamefully rage quit due to, well, rage
>Can't fight shadow again today

Fucking. FUCK.

Got a few matches in tonight. Long story short, I suck... but I'm having a ton of fun.

Also, I'm afraid my Shadow Clone is better than me...

I decided to pick up Omen. Pretty fun, but I have zero set-ups, and I think he's a set-up based character.

If anybody is down to play some KI I'll probably be on this weekend. I'll probably have an open lobby on Friday or Saturday so If anybody is interested just add me. GT: Zombies8MyLeg

Is Shadow Jago unlockable? Or do you have to purchase him. Having a windowed-only, purchasable character for a competitive fighter seems like a massive lapse in judgment to me...

Having a windowed-only, purchasable character for a competitive fighter seems like a massive lapse in judgment to me...
He's permanently available now.

Is Shadow Jago unlockable? Or do you have to purchase him. Having a windowed-only, purchasable character for a competitive fighter seems like a massive lapse in judgment to me...
You have to purchase him.

Is being absolute garbage at throw teching normal? Cuz I'm absolute garbage at throw teching.

Also, Spencer, your Omen's blocking and zoning are on point man

Last edited:
Have they mentioned plans to add DirectInput?
Microsoft would like you to purchase XBox-compatible sticks or pads. Unlike Capcom (who would like their branded PS4 sticks to work), MS has no incentive to add DirectInput support.