• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Killer Instinct - Series in General

What's wrong with Hisako?
I haven't played KI first hand but, Hisako doesn't look that bad.
Has long reach with that Naginata, Good air options, pokes and what looks like a command grab (The Screeching thing) on top of that. Why would she be bad in match ups?

That's not what he meant. The developers stated that because of the way Tusk plays (because of his pokes and constant having to attempt to hit you), Hisako can whip his ass into next week with her counters. Tusk has to be offensive constantly to scare his opponent, but hisako can make Tusk become the scared one because of her high/low counters. In this regard, Hisako is tusks worst match up because Hisako becomes the bully.

Hisako is a very strong character and she is my main lol.

Very strong pokes, high/low counters, stagger on all her M/H moves, 2 frame command grab (Influence), flip out tech is strong for her, delay on her MP/MK and HP/HK to confuse the opponent or bait counter breaks, extremely fast teleport, the list goes on.

Last edited:
That's not what he meant. The developers stated that because of the way Tusk plays (because of his pokes and constant having to attempt to hit you), Hisako can whip his ass into next week with her counters. Tusk has to be offensive constantly to scare his opponent, but hisako can make Tusk become the scared one because of her high/low counters. In this regard, Hisako is tusks worst match up because Hisako becomes the bully.

Ah I see, The more Tusk attacks Hisako the more he stands a chance at loosing all that forward momentum he got up until that point and having it thrown back in his face. On top of that not attacking really isn't an option for him with his style of play. Got dang, It's just a lose/lose situation! X)

Hisako is a very strong character and she is my main lol.

Very strong pokes, high/low counters, stagger on all her M/H moves, 2 frame command grab (Influence), flip out tech is strong for her, delay on her MP/MK and HP/HK to confuse the opponent or bait counter breaks, extremely fast teleport, the list goes on.

Huh and I though Hisako was a strong enough without knowing she could delay attacks, Has a teleport and a Two frame Command Grab! (When I start playing KI, I really gotta give her a shot! =)

QQ:
Would the Command Grab hit as someone was getting up from a knock down as soon has there hurt box becomes live again since the screech has a pretty long last time?

Huh and I though Hisako was a strong enough without knowing she could delay attacks, Has a teleport and a Two frame Command Grab! (When I start playing KI, I really gotta give her a shot! =)

QQ:
Would the Command Grab hit as someone was getting up from a knock down as soon has there hurt box becomes live again since the screech has a pretty long last time?

Yeah during a combo, you can hold down MP/MK/HP/HK and she'll delay the hit. Some people will miss it and get locked out, others will know the delay is coming and you can counter break them if they try to break it.

Depends on which one. The qcb punch command grab (influence) would be better suit for this situation since the light version I believe is the 2 frame start up (unless they know to jump, than it's a bad situation for hisako). If someone tries to attack, you'll most of the time grab them. In regards to qcb kick command grab (Possession), that one I think is a little harder for her to do on a waking up opponent since it takes longer to hit.

Edit: ah you were talking about possession (Screech as you were calling it). I believe Influence is better honestly.

Edit: Actually, I believe possession would be very strong with hisakos new flip out tech, since it would catch the opponent off guard and it basically hits instantly if they are in a certain range.

Last edited:
what a monster
Soooooooooooo... yeah. Tusky can stuff the fuck out of Shadow Counters and if predicted... Combo Breakers [helps if he is in Instinct but it's not needed to deflect a combo breaker].

Monster is only a fraction of a description for Tusk. a dude that can get 40-50% combo just by sneezing on you and 60-70% combo with meter, anything after that is just overkill.

Can someone explain why Quick Stand never EVER levels up on my Shadow, no matter how many times I actually do it?

Haha I was wondering if I ever did quickstand. I was like... certainly I've had to have done it accidentally, right?

That sure is a dumb way of going about things.

Sent from my SM-G928R4 using Tapatalk

CgmMgErWYAEwqxN.jpg

Calling it now, she has the HP gimmick vampires do in Jojo's ASB
instead of white health that heals over time like most characters, Mira has silver health she must replenish manually by stealing it from her opponent

I tried out Mira for a bit at PAX east. Seems fun but I didn't know her moves and that throw is super necessary.

Hopefully she's more fun to fight against than Rash who is single-handedly destroying my desire to play this game...

Any advice?

Hopefully she's more fun to fight against than Rash who is single-handedly destroying my desire to play this game...

Any advice?
uh... shadow counter pretty much everything Rash tries to do.

Hey I'm just curious. What do you guys think of spinal this season?

uh... shadow counter pretty much everything Rash tries to do.

Doesn't "shadow counter" work on virtually all characters? It (Omen's anyway) also, interestingly enough, whiffs on some of his shit like wrecking ball.

It doesn't whiff on wrecking ball usually. Wrecking ball just has the armor to take it.

Doesn't "shadow counter" work on virtually all characters? It (Omen's anyway) also, interestingly enough, whiffs on some of his shit like wrecking ball.
yeah but if you don't shadow counter any of Rash's early block strings he can start to pester you with his tongue going for quick over heads and cross ups with j.mk. I'm just saying that the second Rash gets rolling it's kinda hard to stop him.

Ah I gotcha.

I actually hae half solved my problem. I've switched to Wulf, and apparently there's some weird phenomenon where every thinks they have a pocket Wulf. Lots of mirror matches.

Any advice?

Nah, I'm sure you're fine against him... Right?

:^)

Well damn, guess nobody cares about FemDio.

Joking, Joking, but-

http://www.ultra-combo.com/patch-notes-3-1/

Obviously, patch notes

Spencer, you got your god forsaken wish; Rash was very brutally nerfed.

Boot is useless now for anything but combos, every version sucks on block now. His run cancel is activated at later frames, and Wrecking Ball is now shit on block as well.

Basically, Rash is now "if he does any special move, do a light anything and congratulations you've started a combo"

still gonna main him though

Also, if I can figure out how to set it up, I might stream some like... training mode or basic matches or something... with my lowest settings KI. people will enjoy that right?

Last edited:
Gonna start using shadow lab a lot more now to practice when I don't feel like fighting human opponents

@Shorydouken
Nah, man. My wish is to have him deleted completely from the game. But in seriousness, I'm learning the MU more. Part of the problem was my Omen... My Wulf does a bit better, but I am still having to spend time learning how to fight him. As far as the nerf, the problem was that boot was essentially an infinite blockstring. It had a 1 frame gap. People have been saying it was a bug for a while now. I still think he'll be fine. His instinct is strong, and though it is punishable, he still controls space like a boss and has a way in from just about anywhere on the screen. We'll see I guess.

@BrandX+
What changed to make it more appealing for you?

How is Mira looking? I'm thinking I'm going to give her a try. I have a feeling she's got enough of a learning curve that we won't be seeing her all over ranked after the first week or two (unlike Shago and Rash who are fucking everywhere).

Rash is baby's fun time compared to Shago for me. Although I am learning the matchup though (basically just jab his ass).

Mira is a shitty character for people who mash since she has so many easy enders including fireball, and any combo that people mash out will likely end short and do almost as much damage to them as it does to the enemy. I don't think she'll be popular at low level.

Shago's entire gameplay revolves around "punish his unsafe shit" since everything he does is "unsafe shit".

@Shorydouken
Nah, man. My wish is to have him deleted completely from the game. But in seriousness, I'm learning the MU more. Part of the problem was my Omen... My Wulf does a bit better, but I am still having to spend time learning how to fight him. As far as the nerf, the problem was that boot was essentially an infinite blockstring. It had a 1 frame gap. People have been saying it was a bug for a while now. I still think he'll be fine. His instinct is strong, and though it is punishable, he still controls space like a boss and has a way in from just about anywhere on the screen. We'll see I guess.

@BrandX+
What changed to make it more appealing for you?

How is Mira looking? I'm thinking I'm going to give her a try. I have a feeling she's got enough of a learning curve that we won't be seeing her all over ranked after the first week or two (unlike Shago and Rash who are fucking everywhere).
Just to clear up, was your problem against rashes in general,or specific players? (I believe you meant the first)

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

Streaming is a fun

when it decides to fuckin work

"Streaming is a fun"

it indeed is my friend, it indeed is...

you patronizing me?

Well I mean the fact that Shadows are more organic AI and it's a good alternative if real people are pissing me off lol

@cjomegas1200

Yeah, Rash in general. He's kind of the El Fuerte of the game. He breaks all of the rules and is stupidly frustrating to fight against. It is getting better for me though.

@BrandX+

Ah, I thought you meant there was something in the patch notes that changed your mind. Is 2 the most Shadows you can get?

Just started playing KI and I love it to death. Probably the best fighting game I've played next to Skullgirls and Third Strike. Looking forward to playing it more. It just got added to our monthly's roster, and I entered it at Combobreaker!

I'm also totally borrowing my friend's Xbox One to play it until I build a new PC to play the Windows 10 version :p

Just started playing KI and I love it to death. Probably the best fighting game I've played next to Skullgirls and Third Strike. Looking forward to playing it more. It just got added to our monthly's roster, and I entered it at Combobreaker!

I'm also totally borrowing my friend's Xbox One to play it until I build a new PC to play the Windows 10 version :p

Yo welcome to the Ki club. Hope to play you tons at combo breaker :)

@FuLLBLeeD

Who's your guy? You can feel free to add me. I'm not great, but I do love playing. I actually haven't really touched another fighter since KI came out.

I could add you as well, but you're gonna have to known the secret handshake if you want to get in the KI Club.

let's see it