• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Report MADCATZ To Stream Skullgirls From EVO 2014

Those matches were great. The 2nd and 3rd had me at the edge of my seat with those amazing comebacks by dekillsage.

Congratulations to dekillsage for his victory. The moment well demanded the emotion.

Congratulations to all other participants. One day I'll have enough big boy money to get over there and have my hide tanned.

Shoutouts to Mike_Z for his diplomacy with the Madcatz folks.

And shoutouts to Broseidon's Masks™.

congrats to dekillsage! i was rooting for you....

....because i secretly hate peacock.

How did the Madcatz guys "make up for it"? Gifting 2 or 3 tshirts to the guys in the crowd who actually were able to watch the top 16? Wtf?

Aside from this whole thing, very good tournament. Hope we'll see more things like this in the future, and luckily handled by a decent streamer

Reactions: Jake Was Here
Get ready for the rule of DeKingSage! *runs to change armbands from a duck to a ... whatever Sage's insignia would be*

When's dekillsage npc :PUN:
How did the Madcatz guys "make up for it"? Gifting 2 or 3 tshirts to the guys in the crowd who actually were able to watch the top 16? Wtf?

Aside from this whole thing, very good tournament. Hope we'll see more things like this in the future, and luckily handled by a decent streamer
Nobody really said they made up for it. Honestly I appreciate that they tried considering I know a hundred other companies that would have ignored the issue and hoped it went away.

Reactions: southpawper
Well they did say that they'll keep supporting Skullgirls so I guess that's enough. Skullgirls evo 2015 stream?

Congrats to our Skullbrother dekillsage!

so when's annie then?

Reactions: DDB
Congrats to Dekillsage and all the top 4 for putting on a great, if brief, show.

Everyone needs to remember that despite the setbacks, Skullgirls getting on stream at all is a positive thing. Hating on the Tekken community or Madcatz is pointless. I say this even though this top 16 was one of the things I was looking forward to the most. Keep supporting and enjoying the game. Keep showing other people why they would enjoy it too. That's the absolute best thing you can do.

but it's always been on stream since the game first came out..like I'm thankful that we got like half an hour of play...but nah eff those guys..and markman making it up to us didn't amount to anything but two wasted hours watching a game I don't like.

No thanks dude, I'll show people how great this game is but it doesn't negate that it was still pretty crappy..

Like a clean toilet seat in a bathroom isn't something you want to lick even though someone cleaned it fairly recently for obvious reasons..and that's basically what metaphorically happened. The toilet seat of guilt is clean and all is well because we got just a little stream time..but it's still a toilet seat in the sense that they still promised top 16 and everything else beforehand and didn't deliver at all. It's pretty crappy no matter how you spin it.

I don't agree that throwing shade won't do any good. If enough people whine Madcatz won't pull this junk next year if they are the ones to do the sg stream.

Last edited:
Grats to everyone that made it to evo for Skullgirls! Also shoutouts to #DeKillSageEdition

I'm just mad they didn't ban Shade when I asked.

Congrats on your win dekillsage. It's a true bummer I had to work because of the delay.

Reactions: b0nk
h1EF3460A

I actually managed to get one of my friends who doesn't play fighters at all to watch this with me XD. Regardless, short but sweet stream!

im certain that the whole "making it up to the skullgirls community" WASNT a few tshirts. they were giving those out before top 4 started, plus markman mentioned people watching at home on streams several times and obviously its impossoble for us to have tshirts.

i guess we ll have to just wait and see. although top 16 evo streams for life would be a good start.

That was a fantastic Top 4 to watch, but I have to blame about what happened. Having the streaming of an actual tournament with cash in the pot delayed and shortened because of exhibition matches of a game that already had the main scene is scandalous.

This delay ruined (partially) my evening as I changed plans just to end standing in front of my computer like a dumb waiting for something to happen, with all the frustration that implies and then having this streamed while this was happening.

Anyway, big thanks to Markman for making this stream possible and for the apologize, even if he's not responsible for this incident.
What happened was really unprofessional, I hope that Mad Catz will show us a kind sign towards Skullgirls, whatever it will be.

But still, thanks to Mad Catz for the streaming. That was short but good. This stream showed to people the hype around Skullgirls, just look at that crowd! Some people on Twitter were really impressed and we can be really happy for this.

Reactions: southpawper and Φ
You just can't stay mad a Markman, he gives out promo codes like candy, and he has such pinch-able cheeks.

Reactions: JetpackX
but he burned my village down and kicked my dog

but he burned my village down and kicked my dog

But he probably gave you a free T-shirt immediately after, am I right?

yeah one of those pink ones from cross assault ;_ ;

It may not be Markman's fault but Madcatz still acted very unprofessional today by failing to adhere to a simple schedule. personally I take unprofessionalism very seriously so Madcatz will always be taken a notch down in my mind.
also I came up with a slogan for madcatz
"Madcatz-what is a schedule?"

It is not Madcatz or Markman's fault that whoever was left there when Markman went elsewhere for work obligations took advantage of the situation and Skullgirls Encore was shafted. A witch hunt won't remedy anything, it's done. It was great to have SG streamed at all when there wasn't a stream for us at all a week ago.

Yes, it sucks, it feels bad, it's upsetting but shit happens. Sometimes too often. But acting like this won't help.

NEXT YEAR LETS SHOOT FOR MAIN STAGE SOMEHOW
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your Skullgirls ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

mannnnnnnnnnn I wanted to know what the face of @POS Industries looked like... stream denied me my dreams T_T

Thanks, but I don't think there was a single moment where the commentators faces were shown...
(someone pls prove me wrong)

Yeah, I noticed that too. Also, updated the link. There's 10min of people saying things under a loud music.

@Mr. X

I don't think we are really acting all that badly. I think we are frustrated, and I think we have a right to be frustrated.

I woke up this morning with one real goal... to watch the SG top 16. Instead I watched an embarrassingly long amount of the most boring set I've ever seen because I kept getting told the equivalent of "10 more minutes".

Meanwhile, we had the pleasure of being mocked in chat all for having the nerve to show up at the time we were told to show up.

It probably was just just the fault of one or two people, but ultimately it does reflect upon their company at least in some small part as they said they'd do something and were only able to deliver on a fraction of that.

And food for thought, had we known they would only stream the top 4 a week ago, would we have have been able to find a way to get at least top 8/16/whatever? Possibly not, but I'm leaning toward probably.

Do we know who placed 5th and 7th?

@Mr. X

I don't think we are really acting all that badly. I think we are frustrated, and I think we have a right to be frustrated.

There's being frustrated and then there's being a bit entitled.

You've got a guy that's trying to make a metaphor about this using licking a toilet seat. I mean seriously? Let's not forget that this wasn't going to happen in the first place. Markman stepped up in that regard. Does it suck that Tekken went over? Yes. Is it Markman's fault? No. Does it reflect on the company? No, stop making it a bigger thing than it is.

Markman is one of the nicest dudes in this scene. And I'm pretty damned ashamed of anybody trying to give him shit over what happened.

Reactions: Mr. X and EA575
I completely agree that it wasn't MarkMan's fault, and that he shouldn't be bearing the blame. I do think that MadCatz deserves some blame, as at the very least it's their stream and they didn't properly communicate to the guys running TTT2 what was going on. That said, there's no need for a holy war, especially considering that MarkMan has said they'll try to make it up to the SG community and I think that's a genuine gesture.

That doesn't mean people can't be seriously annoyed - I got up at 3am for this, as did most of the AU guys, and instead we spent several hours getting berated in the stream chat for it. But it's done with, so let's try to make the best of things.

I completely agree that it wasn't MarkMan's fault, and that he shouldn't be bearing the blame. I do think that MadCatz deserves some blame, as at the very least it's their stream and they didn't properly communicate to the guys running TTT2 what was going on. That said, there's no need for a holy war, especially considering that MarkMan has said they'll try to make it up to the SG community and I think that's a genuine gesture.

That doesn't mean people can't be seriously annoyed - I got up at 3am for this, as did most of the AU guys, and instead we spent several hours getting berated in the stream chat for it. But it's done with, so let's try to make the best of things.

Like I said, I'm fine with being annoyed. But I went back through the thread and saw that it actually went on longer than I thought! I mean look at this -

Anyone Skullfan who bought MadCatz stuff before should definitely stop doing that now.

Buy Hori or Eightarc.

^ That is not just being annoyed.

To be fair, it was a long time between the intended stream time and the apology, and it looked like the people in charge had just said "LOL Z NO SKULGRLZ 4 U" from what we were hearing.

Reactions: Jake Was Here
Well, I wasn't there 'cause I had work. I can feel ya on that.

But like I said before, Markman is good peoples. People just need to settle back and relax.

Reactions: Vadsamoht