• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Make your character broken with the least significant change(s) possible.

Big Band has armor on the tag in knuckle.
Peacock tag in hits low.
Cerebella tag in hits high.

Each bomb of Peacock's hits multiple times when they explode.
Her FP bounces back and forth twice.
Her level 5 is a rocket launcher that attacks assists only.

Double learns XCOPY and does 1.5 more damage while in that form.

Parasoul's tear's also bounce.

Big Band has armor on the tag in knuckle.
Peacock tag in hits low.
Cerebella tag in hits high.
Make painwhel's tag a regular grab and pea/bella/pw becomes the coolest thing in the game.

Kancho has 2 hits of armor

Grab Bag is no longer techable. (Not that anyone ever sees my Grab Bags coming, anyways, but still.)

j.MK does something. Anything. Please.

Bella's j.mk is now like j.hk, but hits less hard.
J.hk now looks like actual j.mk, but acts lik,e BB's j.hk.
J.mp after a light doesn't make the opponent crash on the ground, and thus allows to restand multiple times that way

Bella's j.mk is now like j.hk, but hits less hard.
J.hk now looks like actual j.mk, but acts lik,e BB's j.hk.
J.mp after a light doesn't make the opponent crash on the ground, and thus allows to restand multiple times that way
lol that last one was real on vanilla

Looks like vanilla was a crazy world...
I don't know if I should feel happy or be sad that I missed it

I miss vanilla. Only time I could play it was the demo

Aeon
-Make her playable

Cerebella's F.HP has 1 hit of armor

You people have very weird definitions of "least significant".
I mean..ANY change that would make a character broken would be quite significant anyway lol

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
I mean..ANY change that would make a character broken would be quite significant anyway lol
The 2 best examples in this thread involve subtly changing a move so that they function the same way in all circumstances, which is effectively a negative amount of work.

Cerebella j.MP puts you into a shitload of hitstun unless you chain into it. Removing that limit is an insignificant change, especially since the limit was added in a later edition of Skullgirls.
Ultimate Showstopper is 0 frames post-flash unless you DHC into it or do it after a PBGC. Removing that limit would likely be just as easy, since it would probably be along the lines of deleting code rather than writing any.

That's what we mean by insignificant. Extending invulnerability by a single frame is insignificant. Removing system exceptions is insignificant. Adding new moves, new characters, or fundamentally adding properties or hitboxes to a move is significant. The line drawn is what makes this an interesting thought experiment.

Content:
Flesh Step invulnerability type changed from Orange to White.

remove hurt boxes from squigly's j.hp
squigly starts the round with both stances charged
drag n bite has some invincibility frames like hornet bomber, seems fair.

parasoul's bike doesn't get sad when she gets hit.

Big Band's Giant Step can hit his opponent on air

Allow Fukua to combo after The Drill of My Dreams
But she can combo after tho, only in corners but it is possible @Mayor of Earth showed me, it is hard to consistently do though

Squigly: Beta divekick properties. Any move can be performed out of a stance regardless of button used to initiate it.

Big Band: A-train is a proper grab. Giant Step is special cancellable.

Painwheel: Hatred Install costs 1 meter (actually I don't think this would make her broken, it's a legitimate buff I wish she would get)

Fukua: j.HK and j.HK > j.HP are overhead.

Painwheel:
Buer Reaper & Thresher hit like a grab.
Pinon Dash is back, L has 3 hits of armor, M has 4, & H has 5.
All of her normals have armor on every frame.
Both of her grabs & level 1's does Hatred Install's extra damage normally.

Fukuas instant j.HK hits crouching opponents and is a overhead.
Blam

Dunno if someone already said that:

Squigly's j.HP: Leviathan it's a disjointed hitbox.

Painwheel: Hatred Install costs 1 meter (actually I don't think this would make her broken, it's a legitimate buff I wish she would get)
What about:

Painwheel now has both max charge versions of Stinger available as an assist. Charge up time is unchanged. Like how Peacock can do max charge item drop as an assist.

Either super overpowered, or asking to get doublesnapped every round. Maybe both?

Peacock's J.HP doesn't make her go backwards in the air
you never played against a good reset-happy peacock, did you?

What about:

Painwheel now has both max charge versions of Stinger available as an assist. Charge up time is unchanged. Like how Peacock can do max charge item drop as an assist.

Either super overpowered, or asking to get doublesnapped every round. Maybe both?
Haha were you in the Skullgrlrs Oceanic chat? That and the 1 meter buff were agreed upon as 2 changes that would make PW's current use (ie. 2nd on a team in a point/point configuration) much more effective and we would probably see more Painwheel. At least 1 move with frame 1 armour would be nice too, though.

Charged stingers (with startup time) would give usual partners for PW like Parasoul and Fortune an actual assist to play with.

Haha were you in the Skullgrlrs Oceanic chat?
Nope. I don't even know what that is!
:PUN:

on a side note: it seems like that charge stinger thing could actually be cool. or at least an interesting beta experiment.

Last edited:
Squigly
-Every two fully charged stances makes squigly's next hit a guaranteed counter hit
-Squigly's opera hits everything on the screen but does 0 damage

Valentine
-two frames of added hitstun on Jp. HK

Big Band
-command grab is now 236 + LPLK insead of a charge move, the previous motion is now an anti air grab like his MK/HK version but without moving.

Parasoul's tears stay on screen even after she's hit and/or she can have more than three at a time.

SSJ now has 1 frame of start up. Also, about 3 more super armors without taunt.

Parasoul charge times taken away and turned into :B::F: / :D::U: inputs similar to that of Sabrewulf from killer instinct.

Parasoul gets air dashing.

In addition to already being able to doublejump, Valentine can do any other air action from her air backdash.

Valentine breaks armor with mp.

you never played against a good reset-happy peacock, did you?

All Peacocks i remember i fought were zoners, none did air combos

Cerebella can choose Pummel Horse as an assist (APPARENTLY)
how. ._. I need it in my life last year.